• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Last time we had a striker who scored 18+ goals in a season we finished in the top four. No surprise really, when you have a striker who can score goals as well as the midfield we have, you'll finish high in the league.

Redknapp hinted at another loan move in the post match interview. Nobody is gonna pay his wages and he won't take a pay cut. So we won't sign him permanently.
He has been very good at times, but he has had a couple of long runs without scoring. I would like to say we could do better but seeing some of our recent transfer activity and our budget, I don't think we can.

Im my view we have to keep him and supplement his abilities with someone else around him that can make the most of his link up play. VDV although he is a player i like, he drops too deep at times and is way too slow on the counter attack, if we could get someone with VDV's ability and a little more pace then Ade would have more to work with.

No one is going to pay his wages, so I think City wont be able to sell him. Next year he is on a free, so if they loan him out for a fee and cover some of his wages again I hope we can keep him. Then next year when his contracts is up we can sign him for a reasonable wage.

How he managed to bag a ?ú200k p/w deal is beyond me considering he looks like he couldn't bag a spud at times, would only like him to stay if his wages were cut considerably

Decent, rather than amazing, loan spell. Unplayable at times and a great talent

Key thing is that I dont see that there is a better CF of his type which we could get. Yes, Remy might be an option but he's a different player. Getting the two of them would be great - first thing though should be to secure Adebayor and then see what happens with Remy

Do people think we only need one striker?

I dont - I think we need two, and three if Defoe goes.

I wanna go for the title next season not to mentione simultaneously playing in the CL.

Do people think we only need one striker?

I dont - I think we need two, and three if Defoe goes.

I wanna go for the title next season not to mentione simultaneously playing in the CL.

I think we need two #9s (say Ade and Leandro), plus a right-sided forward to compete with Lennon and be a 3rd/emergency #9 (like Remy).

We need to keep him, but he wont drop his wages, he's a bricky player ffs they are all after one thing.

We need to keep him, but he wont drop his wages, he's a FOOTBALL player ffs they are all after one thing.

Fixed.

He's a great player. His touch can occasionally let him down and his finishing can be wayward. I've also noticed that he goes through games where he doesn't bother challenging for high balls.

But he's the perfect striker for our system. Scores goals, assists goals and allows the midfield to do their job. What more could we want? Certainly won't be getting a better striker imo.

Let's hope he's willing to take some kind of paycut and the likes of PSG and Malaga don't come in for him. Because I think he's an excellent striker.

Must buy. He'll be very hard to replace- not every striker, even not every top striker, will fit in our system as well as he does.

A definite purchase, I'd assume that Levy would have put a buy clause in place when he originally arrived. BUT we will also need some competition for him, I feel that even though he is our best striker, hes rested on his laurels a bit at times knowing that he's akways going to start when fit due to the lack if other options we had up front this season

Number 1 transfer priority to get him on a permanent. Great player - our new Kanoute.
not a chance of a permanent

Redknapp said after the game that he hopes Levy organizes another year loan deal for Adebayor, thats right we have to rely on the billionaires to do us a favour

Back