• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Adebayor is actually a proper number 9 and the only one we have at the club. Other than Barcelona all big teams play with one. Most managers build there attacking system around a number 9 who holds the ball up and can play with his back to goal and link up play. He is the only player in this mould we have had for a long time. He isn't the best finisher. But he is a proper number 9.

Do 'proper number nines' drop deep so many times and leave no-one up front (like a 'proper number nine') to aim for? Do 'proper number nines' run into the channels and leave no-one in the middle to aim for (like a 'proper number nine')? Not in my book they don't. Adebayor is a bug man who plays an attacking role.

Do 'proper number nines' drop deep so many times and leave no-one up front (like a 'proper number nine') to aim for? Do 'proper number nines' run into the channels and leave no-one in the middle to aim for (like a 'proper number nine')? Not in my book they don't. Adebayor is a bug man who plays an attacking role.

Well put, if you compare him to Benzema, he is always up front ready to make a run forward or link up with the attacking midfielders, I do not get why Ade drops so deep all the time leaving a hole in the middle.

Adebayor is actually a proper number 9 and the only one we have at the club. Other than Barcelona all big teams play with one. Most managers build there attacking system around a number 9 who holds the ball up and can play with his back to goal and link up play. He is the only player in this mould we have had for a long time. He isn't the best finisher. But he is a proper number 9.

Then explain why he always seems to stray from the penalty box

I think he fits Pochs style really well, he's just not clinical enough. We bought Soldado to solve that problem and he's been even more wasteful thus far in a Spurs shirt.

From what we have, Ade is the best option.

Neither are consistent enough and we enough time to sign someone else but we did not. And guess what now Poch is complaining that we lack killer instinct, funny that

The thing with playing Soldado instead is that we will be bullied off the ball too easily. Other teams will just press us in possession until we go back to Loris and with a combination of his bad kicking and Soldado's lack of a presence, we will just lose the ball. In some games, regardless of form, Ade will have to play.

I don't think Adebayor is a proper/orthodox number 9, but he is the best player in our squad to play the number 9 at the moment. Soldado had a go under AVB and it was nothing short of a disaster. Adebayor did pretty well in his half a season last season, he did well under Harry. He's not the long-term answer, but until we rectify the Soldado mistake, he'll have to do.

Although, I said awhile ago, that I think Chadli might be able to play there. He's got a nose for goals, big, good touch, and he's good in the air.

Does anyone else think that Adebayor had a shout for a penalty yesterday? When he had the defender's arms around him in the box, when his shot was hit straight at the Sunderland keeper?

If one of our players had defended like that, we would have conceded another penalty. Surely, you either can touch another player's shirt in the box, or you can't.

The decision for the Dier penalty still has me expectant that this rule of not being allowed to touch another player will be executed appropriately in every game from now. Dier barely touched Allen, there was more contact, from the defender, on Adebayor yesterday!

I don't think Adebayor is a proper/orthodox number 9, but he is the best player in our squad to play the number 9 at the moment. Soldado had a go under AVB and it was nothing short of a disaster. Adebayor did pretty well in his half a season last season, he did well under Harry. He's not the long-term answer, but until we rectify the Soldado mistake, he'll have to do.

Although, I said awhile ago, that I think Chadli might be able to play there. He's got a nose for goals, big, good touch, and he's good in the air.

I loved how Chadli took the first goal yesterday, every other player was looking at Adebayor when he took the shot except Chadli who had already started a run towards the goalie for a rebound, looked like a proper striker how he moved there.

Does anyone else think that Adebayor had a shout for a penalty yesterday? When he had the defender's arms around him in the box, when his shot was hit straight at the Sunderland keeper?

If one of our players had defended like that, we would have conceded another penalty. Surely, you either can touch another player's shirt in the box, or you can't.

The decision for the Dier penalty still has me expectant that this rule of not being allowed to touch another player will be executed appropriately in every game from now. Dier barely touched Allen, there was more contact, from the defender, on Adebayor yesterday!

Yes it was a penalty, so was the pull on Ade's shirt in the same match that Dier got penalized for.

Ref yesterday was ****ing awful, how that last tackle on Lamela was not a red was beyond me.

Yes it was a penalty, so was the pull on Ade's shirt in the same match that Dier got penalized for.

Ref yesterday was ****ing awful, how that last tackle on Lamela was not a red was beyond me.

Indeed, that was the kind of tackle that ended Bale's season a few years ago

I would put chadli up front he could do the Bale thing. Like ade these days and could not stand him at **** and city. But he does not score enough we need someone more clinical.

I said it in the summer we should have signed Uolla in the summer, available for 7m from Brighton. Scores goals, good hold up play, very strong, good touch plays a little like berbatov not quite to his level. An Argie as well, should have been all over him so much better then Ade or Soldaldo who is utterly useless.

Say what you like about Soldado (personally I think we should persist with him), but that aside Kane is a better option

I don't get the Ade hatred. He has been first choice striker under 3 different coaches, he has played for Wenger, Mancini and Mourinho, who else in our squad has that kind of pedigree? Especially as he appears to have settled at the club unlike his other stints. Personally I still think soldado could come good and I like Kane, but being honest neither are as good as Ade. Who could we get with his pedigree for a price we can afford and expect to hit the ground running? I am scratching head as to why people want to discard him. Is it some misplaced loyalty to AVB?

History is littered with diificult but talented footballers who need careful handling, maradona, cantona, Suarez and our own Paul Gascoigne. Managers need to be able to deal with them for the greater good of the club.

Back