• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Against San Marino?...

:ross:

When you say like that :)

Still think he'll go to QPR on a season long loan. Im hoping Ade somehow turns all this negative press/ his own disappointing form/behavior into goals and good performances.

I think it's incredible...look, we have a guy who did not leave/could not be sold/whatever, is being paid a King's ransom and has unbridled talent somewhere in there. He is a difficult character, however even playing at 70% he still offers something none of our current forwards do...of course the manager has to try and make it work! Absolutely!
While the guy is here, we HAVE to try and squeeze something out of him, right?

I agree, Harry Kane tonight has cemented his role as #3 striker with his hattrick for England U-21s. Ade would just be holding back Kane's further development.

This is a decent point, the club rate Kane very highly and he has been unlucky with regards to woodwork, etc, when playing for us...but I still think they will try and squeeze something from Ade one more time, and I think they'd be right to do so...

I think it's incredible...look, we have a guy who did not leave/could not be sold/whatever, is being paid a King's ransom and has unbridled talent somewhere in there. He is a difficult character, however even playing at 70% he still offers something none of our current forwards do...of course the manager has to try and make it work! Absolutely!
While the guy is here, we HAVE to try and squeeze something out of him, right?

The key word is "try". Whether someone just operating at 70% fits AVB's team ethos remains to be seen. Only a Mk1 Ade should be considered not the pale impersonation we had last year. It is up to Ade to prove he is the Mk1 version and will give 100% to the team.

Last edited:

Was the difference between Ade Mk1 and Mk2:

a) playing to impress for a permanent contract, and not needing to bust a gut once the ink was dry;
or
b) the arm round the shoulder/express yourself freedom under Redknapp, and the expected professionalism/defined team role under AVB?

Was the difference between Ade Mk1 and Mk2:

a) playing to impress for a permanent contract, and not needing to bust a gut once the ink was dry;
or
b) the arm round the shoulder/express yourself freedom under Redknapp, and the expected professionalism/defined team role under AVB?

Not sure it matters. We pay him (lots) he needs to sort his **** out.

The key word is "try". Whether someone just operating at 70% fits AVB's team ethos remains to be seen. Only a Mk1 Ade should be considered not the pale impersonation we had last year. It is up to Ade to prove he is the Mk1 version and will give 100% to the team.

Fair enough, wouldn't disagree with that.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ade play a part this season. For certain games, a lineup of:

-----------lloris
walker--kaboul--vert--rose
townsend--paulinho--sandro--lamela
-----------ade
-----------soldado

would be pretty effective, imo. (Townsend + Lamela swapping throughout, Ade drifting about and linking things up). The thing about that side is that we'd have 5 players who could get on the scoresheet fairly often (Townsend, Paulinho, Lamela, Ade, Soldado).

Against weaker opponents, I think he can play left of an attacking trio in the same way that Harry Kane did not that long ago.
Wouldn't mind seeing it against Sheriff, Adebayor-Defoe-Lennon. As a first step getting back into action

Against weaker opponents, I think he can play left of an attacking trio in the same way that Harry Kane did not that long ago.
Wouldn't mind seeing it against Sheriff, Adebayor-Defoe-Lennon. As a first step getting back into action

The difficulty being that one of Chadli or siggy won't get many minutes as they both play on the left.

The difficulty of playing Lennon will be that we're currently using Europa to try and bed lamela in, do we just stop doing that?

When everyone is fit it's going to be a real juggling act to try and get them all minutes..

Wouldn't mind seeing Ade play a part this season. For certain games, a lineup of:

-----------lloris
walker--kaboul--vert--rose
townsend--paulinho--sandro--lamela
-----------ade
-----------soldado

would be pretty effective, imo. (Townsend + Lamela swapping throughout, Ade drifting about and linking things up). The thing about that side is that we'd have 5 players who could get on the scoresheet fairly often (Townsend, Paulinho, Lamela, Ade, Soldado).

Not much creativity in the middle there, Paulinho has shown glimpses of it but we need Eriksen or Holtby in the side.

Perhaps in home games against lower half of the table teams we might play two strikers, but not a chance against the top teams.

I think it will be irrelevant anyway as Soldado will be the main man once he's fully settled in and knows the games of Eriksen, Townsend, Paulinho and so on.

When everyone is fit it's going to be a real juggling act to try and get them all minutes..

More likely, when someone return another will pick up a new injury.
For the most part I think it will solve itself, at least as long as we rotate between league and cup competitions.
If everyone is fit over a larger part of the season, the weakest link will demand a transfer
- leaving us with the task of signing a replacement willing to take up a fresh challenge against the established

Any news on Adebayor and whether he's likely to be on the bench on Sunday?

Not sure if he even had any practise match since his return from Africa. There were no reports of him having any of such matches. Even if he had, I think he will need to prove his match fitness in Cup matches before playing in league games.

AVB is unlikely to say anything unless specifically asked in the pre-match press conference, even then he might just avoid the question.

Often the press conference is posted the day before the game I think, so we might know something then...

AVB - "Addy now threatening to make the team"

Looks like he's been doing alright in training then.

Back