• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

He's incapable of maintaining his best form on a consistent basis, it's as simple as that. He's not the first player to show flashes of quality mixed in with periods of poor form, you only need to look back at his career to know what you're getting with Ade. It doesn't make him a bad player, but it does make it risky to rely on him as your main striker at the club.

Thankfully after last season it's pretty clear where the teams weaknesses are and it looks like we are working toward fixing that. If that means Ade needs to leave to release wages to allow us to bring in someone more consistent then I am fine with that personally.

Breezer on SC:

Just come back from the Spurs training ground and all i can say is WOW! The place is football heaven. I was lucky enough to have a full tour. When you're there you actually realise the size of the place and how work must have gone into building such an amazing facility.

It's funny BAE was quoted saying he doesn't know Paulinho. Well he will now, as their lockers are next to each other :D .
Starting from the left Paulinho has locker number 1 and BAE is number 2.

I was introduced to Clive Allen's brother Bradley Allen and Ugo Ehiogu, who is now coaching some of our youngsters. We have some really talented players and hopefully the training facilities will give them a better chance of progressing through to our senior team.

The training pitches are numbered in a clockwise order.... as you progress through the years you move closer and closer to the first team pitches. Something for the youngsters to aim towards.

Unfortunately i didn't see any first team players because they had a match yesterday but they have been doing late sessions.

Believe it or not i was told Adebayor has been immense since he returned to training. The word used was "untouchable".
Maybe he'll make up for last season :)

Dawson is the most professional trainer and always gives 100%.
I was told a few other bits but i can't really post on here... I'll pass some stuff on to the mods.

Breezer on SC:

Just come back from the Spurs training ground and all i can say is WOW! The place is football heaven. I was lucky enough to have a full tour. When you're there you actually realise the size of the place and how work must have gone into building such an amazing facility.

It's funny BAE was quoted saying he doesn't know Paulinho. Well he will now, as their lockers are next to each other :D .
Starting from the left Paulinho has locker number 1 and BAE is number 2.

I was introduced to Clive Allen's brother Bradley Allen and Ugo Ehiogu, who is now coaching some of our youngsters. We have some really talented players and hopefully the training facilities will give them a better chance of progressing through to our senior team.

The training pitches are numbered in a clockwise order.... as you progress through the years you move closer and closer to the first team pitches. Something for the youngsters to aim towards.

Unfortunately i didn't see any first team players because they had a match yesterday but they have been doing late sessions.

Believe it or not i was told Adebayor has been immense since he returned to training. The word used was "untouchable".
Maybe he'll make up for last season :)

Dawson is the most professional trainer and always gives 100%.
I was told a few other bits but i can't really post on here... I'll pass some stuff on to the mods.

[-o<

On reflection, I think he deserves another chance. He was playing catch-up all season last term, to be fair, and I'd be willing to bet a regression to the mean is on the cards (as in Bale's case, incidentally, for those that are expecting him to exit the stratosphere in 2013-14).

People often complain about Adebayor's attitude. I put it down to the fact that he was nearly murdered and rightly knows there's more to life than football. It's frustrating as a fan, but is it much different to Ekotto?

I don't want him to go. There- i've said it.

29uqg09.jpg

Thought someone would pick up on that ha ha. Not a mug but I can't shake the feeling Ade on his day is better than Benteke on his. Reminds me lots of Kanoute who suddenly became a world-beater after leaving us

That day is February 12th. Every other day, he lollops around getting knocked off the ball, with a 15 yard first touch.

I don't know what positives he brings but it isn't hold up play, nor pace, nor heading ability, nor awareness, nor decision making. It's definitely not accuracy or power. Maybe it is 'smiling awkwardly again'.

That day is February 12th. Every other day, he lollops around getting knocked off the ball, with a 15 yard first touch.

I don't know what positives he brings but it isn't hold up play, nor pace, nor heading ability, nor awareness, nor decision making. It's definitely not accuracy or power. Maybe it is 'smiling awkwardly again'.

He was brilliant in his first season, so he certainly has those attributes. We just need to work out how to bring them back on a regular basis.

'Adebayor....ADEBAYOR he's got all the talent'

'but his attitudes poor'

nah seriously am undecided about whether we should stick or twist with him can be so good and yet most of the times utterly frustrating.

Don't think anyone would disagree that when he's good, he's *very* good.

But he's just not reliable. And we can't afford that... this season of all seasons, when the top spots are up for grabs given how many of our rivals might end up with a dreaded "transition season".

Don't think anyone would disagree that when he's good, he's *very* good. better than Benteke

But he's just not reliable. And we can't afford that... this season of all seasons, when the top spots are up for grabs given how many of our rivals might end up with a dreaded "transition season".

Agree, it's the chance that Adebayor might be the clown of the season again, and that Defoe will have another one of his 3 months long seasons,
that is the main reason why we need to strenghten up top

Dont think anybody is arguing NOT to buy another striker, but I would like to see what Ade can do with a full pre season under his belt, and possibly more competition for the striker position. On his best he's one of the best strikers in the PL, and I have a feeling he can come back to that form for us.

Back