• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Maybe Ade will realize that he needs to play for a transfer to another club and pull his finger out.

But he does not. Adebayor is such a lazy sod he could sit on his butt for the rest of his contract. As long as he is being paid he will not care, money is his only guiding light

Pav was one of the catalysts for us getting Champions League that year. He went hot for a couple of months (I think around Feb but can't remember exactly) and was dragging the team to results with his goals. This was after and while Redknapp was doing very little for his confidence. You need your players to go through patches of form, that season we had enough doing it at convenient periods of time to make it. This season not so much. Ideally players like Modric who are very consistent are a better option but they're hard to find and keep.

But he does not. Adebayor is such a lazy sod he could sit on his butt for the rest of his contract. As long as he is being paid he will not care, money is his only guiding light

He is such a frustrating player , he had a good last season , even though he frustrated me a lot last year aswell .
But when we bought him for 4 million , I thought it was a good deal .
Everyone told me was good the first year then brick the next , I didn't believe him , I thought he would be gratefull for Tottenham , and shine once he was the "main man" at a club again .

Boy was I wrong , I can't stand the man , I really really hate him as a footballer , he is clumsy , no work ethics , like a baboon with his finishing .
And the whole saga when he didn't return from Africa made me furious .
I haven't hated a Spurs player this much since Sol Campbell !!!!

Lazy , selfish , money grabbing fluffy bunnies cuddling of a footballer . I just hope some club will be stupid enough to sign him in the summer .

Get the fudge out of my beloved club you joke of a footballer .

I singlehandedly blame him if we don't get CL football next year , and I don't even think I am being harsh . If he had scored like 12 goals which is the minimum we can require for a player with Ade's "status" , we would be way ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea by now .

Move to Quatar or something you pathetic excuse of a proffesional !!

Did you read his latest interview about the England job (few weeks back)?

Summed him up as a human being to the 't'

Best decision Levy's taken in the last 5 years

Listen, I see what people mean when they say the media are up Redknapp's arsehole, and yes I did read that interview, not impressed. But that doesn't take anything away from what he achieved at Spurs.

... he is clumsy , no work ethics , like a baboon with his finishing...

...I singlehandedly blame him if we don't get CL football next year...

I feel like we've been hamstrung up front for the last four seasons, first with Crouch up front then with Adebeyour. I didn't want Crouch at the club, I think he's an awful player, I never bought the hype on Ade, some people here were like giddy school children when we signed him. Ade may have got quite a few goals last season but a clinical striker would have had ten more given the chances he had.

As for Crouch, people bang on about he got us in to the CL because he scored the goal at Emirates Marketing Project, my thoughts are that it's a team game played over a season so his goal was only one of many that got us CL that season.

So I don't blame Ade if we don't get CL any more than I blame Crouch for the season in which we didn't, I blame the people who made the purchasing decisions that brought them to the club, if a doughnut like me can see they're not good enough I expect better from people within the game.

So I don't blame Ade if we don't get CL any more than I blame Crouch for the season in which we didn't, I blame the people who made the purchasing decisions that brought them to the club, if a doughnut like me can see they're not good enough I expect better from people within the game.

This is a very good point - although I'd imagine more questions can be asked as to why we didn't strengthen so many windows, more so than why Ade was purchased - on paper he was a very good striker and within our 'limits' so I cannot imagine anyone was disappointed with his 'capture' at the time. I still think he deserves another season btw

Pav was one of the catalysts for us getting Champions League that year. He went hot for a couple of months (I think around Feb but can't remember exactly) and was dragging the team to results with his goals. This was after and while Redknapp was doing very little for his confidence. You need your players to go through patches of form, that season we had enough doing it at convenient periods of time to make it. This season not so much. Ideally players like Modric who are very consistent are a better option but they're hard to find and keep.

He scored in three consecutive league games. Those were the only league games he scored in all season!

And if those brought us 9 points in total?

He had 5 goals in the 09/10 season

He scored 5 goals in those three games, but I wouldn't say he was the reason we got 9 points but then no player is the reason you get maximum points as it is a team game. We won 4 of the next 5 without him scoring but that doesn't mean he didn't make a valuable contribution in those games either.

But I don't think he was under used or treated badly, this is a footballers life sometime. I spoke to Rafael when he left Spurs and he has no hard feelings towards AVB for example, even though AVB made it pretty clear to him that he was no longer required at the club. Pav wouldn't have been an AVB player either I don't think. Like Rafael too slow and not athletic enough to play up top.

He scored 5 goals in those three games, but I wouldn't say he was the reason we got 9 points but then no player is the reason you get maximum points as it is a team game. We won 4 of the next 5 without him scoring but that doesn't mean he didn't make a valuable contribution in those games either.

But I don't think he was under used or treated badly, this is a footballers life sometime. I spoke to Rafael when he left Spurs and he has no hard feelings towards AVB for example, even though AVB made it pretty clear to him that he was no longer required at the club. Pav wouldn't have been an AVB player either I don't think. Like Rafael too slow and not athletic enough to play up top.

He absolutely never did that

VdV was never slow either - Redknapp's genius tactical masterstroke of taking him off after 60mins for Defoe created a false myth of an unfit player - when in reality he was just about always in the Top 3 of distance covered

VdV was never slow either - Redknapp's genius tactical masterstroke of taking him off after 60mins for Defoe created a false myth of an unfit player - when in reality he was just about always in the Top 3 of distance covered

distance can be covered without doing it at any great pace mate.

the rare few times vdv played 90 he'd lumber around aimlessly for the last 20 at least.. surely you can't deny that. (even though i know you will, for the sake of it)

distance can be covered without doing it at any great pace mate.

the rare few times vdv played 90 he'd lumber around aimlessly for the last 20 at least.. surely you can't deny that. (even though i know you will, for the sake of it)

If that is true - how was he able to be in the Top 3 so many times - did the other players also cover it at the same 'slow' pace - i.e. a simple mathematical equation taking into account distance, speed and time (that is constant - 45 mins for argument sake) suggests that for him to have good figures - if he had to cover the same distance as the top runners in the same amount of time (constant) using a slow pace makes little sense.

In any case - his impact on the field of play went far beyond this bizarre myth of the English game measuring player's ability by the sweat on their shirt - he contributed immensely to our creative play in the final third - something which we've dearly missed this season

To be fair, i thought that 'false myth' was created because he was usually holding his hamstring in some pain when he came off.

To be fair, i thought that 'false myth' was created because he was usually holding his hamstring in some pain when he came off.

Was that really the case - I don't seem to remember many such occurrences.

Most of the time I recall him looking frustrated, or storming down the tunnel probably thinking 'not this brick again'

Was that really the case - I don't seem to remember many such occurrences.

Most of the time I recall him looking frustrated, or storming down the tunnel probably thinking 'not this brick again'

I recall tears in his hamstring to have been a relatively common occurrence during his stay here, for whatever reason. Not usually long term, but he'd oft be a doubt for a game.

So you are saying that Rafael lied? I do not think so. I have known him for over 10 years and I see no reason as to why he would lie to me and others on such a thing.

Back