• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Yes, you can have both, but just because someone gives you the impression of not trying due to a relaxed body language, a smirk on his face or not chasing down a ball they have no chance of reaching doesn't mean that they aren't trying or don't actually care. People are different and have different ways of both acting and reacting.

I just don't get impressed by someone making a big deal out of running around, trying to look like they're trying harder than everyone else.

I agree, to some extent at least.

It's very easy to be fooled by a couple of lung busting defensive runs while the player that consistently does their job defensively without attracting much attention to themselves often go unnoticed.

I remember Crouch consistently was among those players that ran the most for us, and before that it was the same at Liverpool. He was very diligent, but you didn't see him making those Rooney type runs deep into his own half to make a tackle at a random point in the game so he wasn't given as much credit for it as he deserved.

Modric was similarly very disciplined and diligent. He was super dependable and would get back into position almost no matter what the situation was. Didn't get half as much credit for his defensive work as he deserved I thought. Had he been flying into a dangerous or reckless tackle or two at the end of some of those runs I think he would have gotten more credit for it.

Stamina and effort is very important in football, but it has to be done in a smart way to maximize the value of it.

Some of the abuse Ade gets really makes me cringe. It's fine to criticise bad performances and I was tinkled off as anyone at some of the misses like away at West Ham for example, but Ade seems to cop abuse even when he has played pretty well, certainly no worse than the team collectively and yet for some reason he gets disproportionately more criticism. It's not fair and it's quite sad.

agree entirely

Thats fine, what I was getting at was that constructive criticism and discussion on the board is fine but i don't like the abuse and vitriol thrown at any of our players, there is no need.
Now with some fans on his back in the ground and the press taking the tinkle over the penalty miss I can only see it having a worse effect, we can only hope he uses it as motivation.

In pretty much the same way as he motivated Bendtner.

No I'm not. Look I don't see the problem. I have never sung that awful Elephant song, I have never abused him at the lane. However I have every right to be angry at a player who despite being well rewarded has let us down this season, especially when we need him. And no running around like a headless chicken on the wings does not count for me.

Of course you have a right to be angry with him, the point i was making was your The press are not usually completely off the mark. remark. Suggesting that Ade would not compromise on his contract is just pure speculation on your part.

Well he can't be blamed for ruining Adebayor. Then again knowing this place I'm sure someone will find a way to pin it on him.

Did you read his latest interview about the England job (few weeks back)?

Summed him up as a human being to the 't'

Best decision Levy's taken in the last 5 years

Back