• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I couldn't care less what he told a reporter unless it was something really outrageous. Ramsey claiming they're in the driving seat, the pressure's on us, who cares? It's just talk presented in a way that will sell papers, attract clicks.

I always imagined you'd be one of the last people here to turn on Ade

What makes you think that african has "turned on Ade"?

The most that anyone can reasonably read from african's post is that he happens to think that Ade was stupid to have made the comments in question.

Why is it that any criticism of a Spurs player must be interpreted, by some, as an absolute dislike of that player?

I couldn't care less what he told a reporter unless it was something really outrageous. Ramsey claiming they're in the driving seat, the pressure's on us, who cares?

Fair enough. That's how you feel.

But I feel differently. I do care.

I do care when a Spurs player starts trash-talking teams we're about to face.

Fair enough. That's how you feel.

But I feel differently. I do care.

I do care when a Spurs player starts trash-talking teams we're about to face.

I sincerely hope he scores in every game until the end of the season, then he fudges off in the summer and we sign some better strikers. Happy for Defoe to stay because like Dawson, he seems to love the club and will fight for his place.

Well he didn't have to talk to the journalist at all did he? Everyone knows what they are about. Perhaps his energy would be better spent on the training pitch learning to trap the ball properly and shooting with some power!

Good point, however you could say fans energy would be better spent on supporting players rather then slagging them off all the time.

Ade is yet another in a long line of Spurs players/managers/coaches that simply can't shut the f-up before a big match and seem to be happy to give the opposition manager's team talk for them.

What he said was not ground-breaking but now you can be sure if Emirates Marketing Project do have tensions they will almost certainly bury any hatchets just for this game to shut up Ade and other people talking about the in-fighting issue.

We never seem to learn, whether quotes are taken out of context or not.

Howe about our PR depend just make sure players/managers/coaches just stick to a script of 'it'll be a tough game, they are are really good side, but we'll give it our best shot' etc etc

Yes, mundane, boring, but not any extra motivation for the opposition.

Sigh

We don't notice it so much with other teams because we don't follow them as closely, but the media do the same with all of them when they have big matches. Someone will agree to an interview and get asked questions designed to get the right answers. Ade being an ex-City player made him the perfect choice for this one. I'd be surprised if it wasn't in their contracts that they have to do publicity work whenever possible/necessary and this one might as well have been set up and approved by our press officer.

We don't notice it so much with other teams because we don't follow them as closely, but the media do the same with all of them when they have big matches. Someone will agree to an interview and get asked questions designed to get the right answers. Ade being an ex-City player made him the perfect choice for this one. I'd be surprised if it wasn't in their contracts that they have to do publicity work whenever possible/necessary and this one might as well have been set up and approved by our press officer.

Yes, i suspect that is true. I've felt for years our PR is atrocious in terms of getting caught out with silly boasting quotes before a big game. I personally wonder whether we should sack our press/PR teams sometimes.

We almost always fall into the traps set by interviewees. Much more so than our rivals.

Good point, however you could say fans energy would be better spent on supporting players rather then slagging them off all the time.

This kind of high and mighty post cracks me up. Seriously if any player has ever deserved criticism at Spurs it is Adebayor. Paid a fudging huge amount of money for frankly not been any where near the standard required this season. What do some fans expect? quiet adulation. I will support Adebayor down the lane but no I won't stop slagging him off until he starts putting in some performances that the club and fans deserve.

Yes, i suspect that is true. I've felt for years our PR is atrocious in terms of getting caught out with silly boasting quotes before a big game. I personally wonder whether we should sack our press/PR teams sometimes.

We almost always fall into the traps set by interviewees. Much more so than our rivals.

:lol:

My GHod, people do get over excited by irrelevant piffle.

Last edited:
You think a journo asked Ade specifically about Emirates Marketing Project's team spirit? Even if that did happen, Ade didn't have to respond as he did. Discretion being the better part of valour, after all....

If anyone knows about fighting with teammates it's Adebayor considering he headbutted Bendtner on the pitch during a North London derby.

You think a journo asked Ade specifically about Emirates Marketing Project's team spirit? Even if that did happen, Ade didn't have to respond as he did. Discretion being the better part of valour, after all....

If anyone knows about fighting with teammates it's Adebayor considering he headbutted Bendtner on the pitch during a North London derby.

Excuse the gooner..

[video=youtube;u_2cenq3hsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_2cenq3hsc[/video]

I remember that and was wondering what Corlukas problem was. Youve just reminded me of the Ekotto thing... Croatians being ****s?

This kind of high and mighty post cracks me up. Seriously if any player has ever deserved criticism at Spurs it is Adebayor. Paid a fudging huge amount of money for frankly not been any where near the standard required this season. What do some fans expect? quiet adulation. I will support Adebayor down the lane but no I won't stop slagging him off until he starts putting in some performances that the club and fans deserve.

Good for you, a true supporter :rolleyes:

Back