• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I've supported Ade, even during his poor form this season. However in the last game I said he was like a sponge, absorbing the rain and just heavy, very very laboured. This was one game I hadn't had a drink (perhaps a few lemsips) so it wasn't a totally distored view. Benefit of the doubt, perhaps he's not fully fit but there is no excuse for the lack of power surely? He was very weak - the ideas were there but the end product lacked dynamics. He looked very very weak.

I get the drifting out part - he did that last season very successfully, but he looks like a man who has really lost his mojo. Loss of confidence? perhaps. I don't think his attitude is malicious but I think perhaps he needs something a bit more - perhaps a sports psychologist?

I don't really want to write him off - he clearly has talents. Is he another Anelka who wants to earn as much as he can before retiring? Who knows?

He needs more bite, we know he's got it (for f*cks sake, we've been on the end of it!) but we can't carry passengers. JD will get some leaway because he is considered Spurs (whereas Ade still has links to our rivals).

Come on Ade FFS! Sort it out!

European Space Agency mocks Emmanuel Adebayor over penalty miss | Metro News
Emmanuel Adebayor’s tough week has gone from bad to worse after he was mocked by the European Space Agency for his missed penalty in Spurs’ Europa League exit to Basel.

The Togo striker blazed over as Tottenham were dumped out of the competition 4-1 on penalties, with his bizarre run up before firing high over the bar prompting plenty of jokes.

The hashtag #ThingsMoreUsefulThatAdebayor soon trended on Twitter after the miss, while hundreds of spoof images mocking the horrific shot have turned up across the online world.

But, just as Adebayor would have hoped the jokes were dying down, the European Space Agency (ESA) have waded in – saying they’re still looking for his blazed penalty… in outer space.

The tweet, from their official account with nearly 90,000 followers, came after a rogue fan had asked Eurocontrol, the air traffic safety organisation, to be on the lookout for a rogue football. But Eurocontrol insisted Adebayor’s penalty was more likely to have ended up in space, rather than in the sky, so directed the tweet towards the ESA.

My bigger worry would be that the miss and subsequent criticism will shatter his confidence again, and just when his performances were picking up too. Whether you like him or loath him we need a confident and motivated Ade for the next 6 games.

I appreciate he's all we've got - does he? Diego, I disagree, (politely of course), I think he should apologise for missing a pen when he is our main forward and the one the rest of the team was looking to as an example. It can't change things but it shows some respect to the fans that contribute towards his wages. BTW Streller dispatched his pen despite looking dead on his feet so I don't buy the too tired thing. This confidence thing is re-surfacing as it did at both Arsenal and City. Perhaps they saw him for what he is, a pathetic and weak individual.

Why the hell should he apologise? He didn't miss on purpose. It happened, deal with it.

Agreed, I can deal with him missing a penalty.

What I cannot deal with is his constant brick performances all fuking season. Everton aside, he has been truly shocking, a disgrace, and the sooner we dump him the better.

I appreciate he's all we've got - does he? Diego, I disagree, (politely of course), I think he should apologise for missing a pen when he is our main forward and the one the rest of the team was looking to as an example.

What utter tosh. And I mean that politely of course. He did not do it intentionally. But he has been brick all season and I want him out

My bigger worry would be that the miss and subsequent criticism will shatter his confidence again, and just when his performances were picking up too. Whether you like him or loath him we need a confident and motivated Ade for the next 6 games.

£100K a week should be motivation enough

He is the worst spurs player ive seen i a while, not just the talent but looks like he has no passion and doesnt care at all, cant believe arsenal sold him for 25 million pounds, arsene clown shoe is a genius

Arsenal fans told us that once he signs a contract with us he would be utter brick we refuse to believe them, we thought they were just being bitter. Well it seems they were right.

And to think the experts on here said Luic Remy is not good enough to play for Spurs. If that is the case I need to know where we set the bar

Some of the abuse Ade gets really makes me cringe. It's fine to criticise bad performances and I was tinkled off as anyone at some of the misses like away at West Ham for example, but Ade seems to cop abuse even when he has played pretty well, certainly no worse than the team collectively and yet for some reason he gets disproportionately more criticism. It's not fair and it's quite sad.

Some of the abuse Ade gets really makes me cringe. It's fine to criticise bad performances and I was tinkled off as anyone at some of the misses like away at West Ham for example, but Ade seems to cop abuse even when he has played pretty well, certainly no worse than the team collectively and yet for some reason he gets disproportionately more criticism. It's not fair and it's quite sad.

fudge them, they're the same idiots who thought an utterly inconsistent and unpredictable striker was the solution during the summer.
Ade has been decent recently, much better than he was all season but he is being judged on his season's performance.
Whereas Dembele was terrible against Basel but most people failed to notice it because he's been good all season.

fudge them, they're the same idiots who thought an utterly inconsistent and unpredictable striker was the solution during the summer.
Ade has been decent recently, much better than he was all season but he is being judged on his season's performance.
Whereas Dembele was terrible against Basel but most people failed to notice it because he's been good all season.

Have you not been in the ratings thread? Dembele has gotten terrible ratings for that game because, well, he was terrible. If anything most people saw it.

It's not been made a big deal of because he, as you say ade is, is being judged on his season's performance.

TBF BOL he has brought the abuse on himself unlike other players who routinely get abused e.g. Walker. We chased him all summer and couldn't tie him because he wouldn't compromise on his contract. That's fair enough, but if you are going to come and command more money than your team mates you better show you're worth it especially now our star player is out. BTW I was not a fan having seen his inconsistent performances last season and knowing his history. But I was just relieved that we got a striker.

Last edited:
you don't have a clue what the hold up with the contract was about so it isn't at all fair that you use it as a stick to beat him with.

you don't have a clue what the hold up with the contract was about so it isn't at all fair that you use it as a stick to beat him with.
?

Only from the press but I can't believe there was no substance in the rumours. The press are not usually completely off the mark. I can imagine having been at City he would have been on huge wages.

?

Only from the press but I can't believe there was no substance in the rumours. The press are not usually completely off the mark. I can imagine having been at City he would have been on huge wages.
considering we were trying to get City to pay for half his wages whilst also taking a 20 million hit on a player they recently signed i would have thought that it was negotiations between the two clubs that was the major hold up.

from Adebayor's perspective it would have been fairly simple - Im earning X amount and have two years left on my contract - if Spurs/City can work out a deal whereby i get a similar wage i'll leave

You are joking with that comment?

No I'm not. Look I don't see the problem. I have never sung that awful Elephant song, I have never abused him at the lane. However I have every right to be angry at a player who despite being well rewarded has let us down this season, especially when we need him. And no running around like a headless chicken on the wings does not count for me.

considering we were trying to get City to pay for half his wages whilst also taking a 20 million hit on a player they recently signed i would have thought that it was negotiations between the two clubs that was the major hold up.

from Adebayor's perspective it would have been fairly simple - Im earning X amount and have two years left on my contract - if Spurs/City can work out a deal whereby i get a similar wage i'll leave

Point is he is still very well rewarded for playing brick. It seems to be a recurring theme in Britain today.

Back