• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

It's funny because continuing his run and trying to put the cross in was the wrong thing to do, he should have checked back when he was around the edge of the penalty area where he had a player in support

He played for a corner, correct thing to do in my opinion.
Gives us an opportunity to create a goal scoring opportunity, but also not lose the ball at the edge of their box and let them spring forward catching us on our heels.

So, what was his celebration about? Proving a point to fans that are slating him? Proving a point to Conte?

I think (imo) he has not got the credit for being a very good player so far. Some of the criticism of him as been slightly over the top for me.

The only criticism I've seen is that he doesn't look suited to the wing back role and that he needs to improve his attacking play in order to succeed - what's OTT about that?

The only criticism I've seen is that he doesn't look suited to the wing back role and that he needs to improve his attacking play in order to succeed - what's OTT about that?

I am not sure he is not suited to be honest is probably what i mean, early days but i do not think those who have made up their mind that he is not suited to that road could give the guy a chance to prove it one way or the other, before saying he is not.

I am not sure he is not suited to be honest is probably what i mean, early days but i do not think those who have made up their mind that he is not suited to that road could give the guy a chance to prove it one way or the other, before saying he is not.

If he doesn't improve his attacking game from what he has shown this half season do you think that he'd succeed as a wing back?

And if he doesn't then he's not likely to succeed in the role. Glad we got that sorted ;)
My only beef with the criticism Emerson has been getting in from those who claim he was a bad signing. He was a very good signing for the 4 at the back system that Nuno intended on playing, it's not Royal's fault that the manager was sacked and was replaced by someone who plays 3 at the back.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The "narrative" is that we need more attacking output from wing backs to really make this system work
Note how Cheatski heavily relied on their top scorers being their wingbacks [whether in a 4 or 5, Chilwell and Reece James].
And yesterday they were pants apart from goals scored by Azpilicueta and Alonso.

It is noticeable that in our system we very regularly get the ball to some of our weaker possession players like Sanchez, Royal, Davies, Reguilon which is frustrating because they don't have the talent of some of our other stars when in possession.

Not good enough. What a shocker he had tonight. Can't believe Doherty wasn't subbed on.

I think (imo) he has not got the credit for being a very good player so far. Some of the criticism of him as been slightly over the top for me.
This is the first time I've criticised him, he just really isn't very good, technically with the ball he's woeful, he really is a downgrade on Aurier which is extraordinary when you think about it. Indicative of our brickshow transfer dealings.

Dreadful tonight. One of his poorest games. I wouldn't write him off by any means but it's nearing the point that someone else should play there. Even Doherty.

Back