• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dusan Vlahovic

Hair, heavy cosmetics, botox out the ying yang. Probably had liposuction here and boobie boosties there. She's all yours, boychuk.

Kylie-Minogue---BFI-Fellowship-2020-in-London-08.jpg

And heading straight down the road to this:

jocelyn-wilder,-62_1.jpg

You probably forfeit this but Kylie had breast cancer - I think we can cut her some slack.

In the last 10years we have a net spending at 15m pr year… we have no ambitions of winning, and we are fools that belive every year.. cant se us getting anyone in if we aint selling Kane

No reason not to put in a bid for him. With payments being spread out over a few years, a 50m + bonuses should be doable. Or we can do a Romero and get him on a loan with option to buy. Which means we wouldn't really need the Kane money until next year. Martinez, on the other hand, might be a bit more difficult, as I can see Inter's owners wanting more cash up front, but imo would be a safer signing, as he has been performing consistently over the past 2 years and for the Argie national team too.
Would Inter accept a bid like that?

We would still have to pay that amount at some point, with other problem areas in the squad, uncertainty about Kane and difficulties in shifting players we want to shift it's quite easy to see reasons for not putting in a bid.

There’s talk that Atletico Madrid are after him now. We know they can identify a top striker so time for us to get the deal done before he becomes another ‘if only’.
Been reading reports with rather differing views on him. Surely talented, but any particular reason it's more like to be a "if only" rather than "why?" or "bullet dodged" situation?

I haven't seen anything more than some YouTube videos myself, so very much open to be better informed about his quality.

Would Inter accept a bid like that?

We would still have to pay that amount at some point, with other problem areas in the squad, uncertainty about Kane and difficulties in shifting players we want to shift it's quite easy to see reasons for not putting in a bid.
I did indicate that with Inter it would need to be more money up front. Fiorentina, on the other hand, we might be able to do a loan-to-buy, or do a smaller installment initially with a bigger payment in year 2 and 3, what with the stadium revenue kicking in again.

Been reading reports with rather differing views on him. Surely talented, but any particular reason it's more like to be a "if only" rather than "why?" or "bullet dodged" situation?

I haven't seen anything more than some YouTube videos myself, so very much open to be better informed about his quality.

21 goals scored in Serie A at the age of 21 for Fiorentina. If it was 21 scored for Juventus or Inter, his profile would be that much higher but it would have been easier for him to reach that target. I mean look at the noise made about Kean and he has only scored 26 goals in his professional club career.

That Vlahovic scored 21 for Fiorentina is impressive. Add his solid displays, strength, and movement and Vlahovic has the potential to be the next big thing.

Then look at Atletico Madrid’s history of signing strikers. So many of the best have played there, generally raising their profile so high. Aguero, Falcao, Torres, Griezmann, Costa, Forlan, the resurgence of Suarez last season. That’s a good run of either getting the best out of strikers at the club, mixed with signing smartly.

Yes, Vlahovic could fail and you could come back to this thread and tell me that I was wrong. And I’d welcome you to. But from what I’ve seen of Vlahovic, coupled with the history of Atletico Madrid strikers, and I think Vlahovic is one we ought to be serious about.

21 goals scored in Serie A at the age of 21 for Fiorentina. If it was 21 scored for Juventus or Inter, his profile would be that much higher but it would have been easier for him to reach that target. I mean look at the noise made about Kean and he has only scored 26 goals in his professional club career.

That Vlahovic scored 21 for Fiorentina is impressive. Add his solid displays, strength, and movement and Vlahovic has the potential to be the next big thing.

Then look at Atletico Madrid’s history of signing strikers. So many of the best have played there, generally raising their profile so high. Aguero, Falcao, Torres, Griezmann, Costa, Forlan, the resurgence of Suarez last season. That’s a good run of either getting the best out of strikers at the club, mixed with signing smartly.

Yes, Vlahovic could fail and you could come back to this thread and tell me that I was wrong. And I’d welcome you to. But from what I’ve seen of Vlahovic, coupled with the history of Atletico Madrid strikers, and I think Vlahovic is one we ought to be serious about.

Goal record is impressive, no doubt. And I don't doubt that he has both quality and potential. I want more than that for the kind of fee being talked about.

Atletico have a good record of signing and developing strikers sure. But isn't part of that being good at signing strikers that fit them, their style of play, their needs? I don't think that necessarily translates to other teams should sign those players.

I'm not really a "told you so" type poster I think. Takes more than this at least. Just trying to understand why he's rated this highly when I'm reading differing opinions.

Goal record is impressive, no doubt. And I don't doubt that he has both quality and potential. I want more than that for the kind of fee being talked about.

Atletico have a good record of signing and developing strikers sure. But isn't part of that being good at signing strikers that fit them, their style of play, their needs? I don't think that necessarily translates to other teams should sign those players.

I'm not really a "told you so" type poster I think. Takes more than this at least. Just trying to understand why he's rated this highly when I'm reading differing opinions.

I can understand that. It would be a lot of money to spend on a striker from a different league who ‘could’ be a one season wonder or who may not adapt to either our play style, or to the Premier League. What more would you like to see for the price?

If our modus operandi is to sign young players who we can sell on in future, and that appears to be our buying strategy based upon buying Gil (21) and Romero (23), then the price will often reflect the potential for the player at that younger age. And that there is the gamble that is being taken.

We then have to consider whether it’s best to buy 3 players at £20m each who have yet to set the World alight but have shown evidence that they have something about them, or whether we spend £60m on one who has exploded on to the scene.

There is a chance to be stung by signing the wrong players but often the value lost on that deal can be reduced as potential suitors believe that the player can resurrect their career with them.

I am aware that you already know most of what I’ve said above. So I apologise for writing it out, but that’s what my head does when I’m trying to give justifications. I try to break it down to the factors and give a basic analytical appraisal on them. It’s a me thing, and with my poor mental health, I over analyse everything.

I can understand that. It would be a lot of money to spend on a striker from a different league who ‘could’ be a one season wonder or who may not adapt to either our play style, or to the Premier League. What more would you like to see for the price?

If our modus operandi is to sign young players who we can sell on in future, and that appears to be our buying strategy based upon buying Gil (21) and Romero (23), then the price will often reflect the potential for the player at that younger age. And that there is the gamble that is being taken.

We then have to consider whether it’s best to buy 3 players at £20m each who have yet to set the World alight but have shown evidence that they have something about them, or whether we spend £60m on one who has exploded on to the scene.

There is a chance to be stung by signing the wrong players but often the value lost on that deal can be reduced as potential suitors believe that the player can resurrect their career with them.

I am aware that you already know most of what I’ve said above. So I apologise for writing it out, but that’s what my head does when I’m trying to give justifications. I try to break it down to the factors and give a basic analytical appraisal on them. It’s a me thing, and with my poor mental health, I over analyse everything.
I appreciate the analysis.

I agree with the overall strategy of paying for potential, a big focus on player development.

I'm just not (yet) convinced that Vlahovic is worth spending that kind of money on.

Sure, his goal total is impressive. Even ignoring penalties (just for the sake of analysis) 15 non penalty goals in his breakout season is good.

From what I've read his main strength is his finishing, and I think that's represented in stats too. 3 assist, his xAssist numbers are low, his xG Buildup is low (0.07 expected assists per 90, 0.05 xGBuildup per 90).

Yes, very talented finisher. Based on one season 15 goals, from outside the PL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep that up though, he really does seem like an excellent finisher in the making. But it's also a small sample size and we've seen players fail to keep it up or fail to transition to a different club or league.

Is he someone that can link well with Son, Alli or whoever plays on the right? Is he someone who will impact the game outside of goals, or is he the finishing machine? Will he develop those other traits? Perhaps, if Paratici thinks he will, I say go go go. But I've seen questions raised about his technical ability outside of finishing so not convinced.

What I would like to see is a more well rounded player who can do a bit of everything, as well as being a very good finisher. I'm not sure who that can or should be, I'm just not entirely convinced about Vlahovic.

Whereas for Gill and Romero I've been rather quickly convinced that yes, go out and sign that player.

I agree with the overall strategy of paying for potential, a big focus on player development.

I'm just not (yet) convinced that Vlahovic is worth spending that kind of money on.

Sure, his goal total is impressive. Even ignoring penalties (just for the sake of analysis) 15 non penalty goals in his breakout season is good.

From what I've read his main strength is his finishing, and I think that's represented in stats too. 3 assist, his xAssist numbers are low, his xG Buildup is low (0.07 expected assists per 90, 0.05 xGBuildup per 90).

Yes, very talented finisher. Based on one season 15 goals, from outside the PL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep that up though, he really does seem like an excellent finisher in the making. But it's also a small sample size and we've seen players fail to keep it up or fail to transition to a different club or league.

Is he someone that can link well with Son, Alli or whoever plays on the right? Is he someone who will impact the game outside of goals, or is he the finishing machine? Will he develop those other traits? Perhaps, if Paratici thinks he will, I say go go go. But I've seen questions raised about his technical ability outside of finishing so not convinced.

What I would like to see is a more well rounded player who can do a bit of everything, as well as being a very good finisher. I'm not sure who that can or should be, I'm just not entirely convinced about Vlahovic.

Whereas for Gill and Romero I've been rather quickly convinced that yes, go out and sign that player.
I don't know much about Vlahovic, but I wouldn't be put off by his lack of assists. Kane wasn't producing many in his earlier years. Heck, he wasn't producing many in his later years either. It's only last year that he did. But if his finishing is strong and his hold-up play is strong, then these are two really good traits to go by. As he establishes himself more, the assists will come.

I don't know much about Vlahovic, but I wouldn't be put off by his lack of assists. Kane wasn't producing many in his earlier years. Heck, he wasn't producing many in his later years either. It's only last year that he did. But if his finishing is strong and his hold-up play is strong, then these are two really good traits to go by. As he establishes himself more, the assists will come.
And his is there to score good first and foremost

Realistically who do you think we do better by? We are looking for a striker; their currency is goals. That is all we need to look. And maybe the ability to hold up the ball with his back to goal. Anything else would be a bonus and would come at a considerably increased price tag....

Agreed, wouldn't be put off by that alone.
Realistically who do you think we do better by? We are looking for a striker; their currency is goals. That is all we need to look. And maybe the ability to hold up the ball with his back to goal. Anything else would be a bonus and would come at a considerably increased price tag....
I don't know. I like Isak though.

I think we should look for more than goals in a striker. Exactly what depends on how we plan to set up under Nuno.

Looking for strikers based only on goals is the opposite of how football has been developing imo. You need to do more to be considered really top class. We should aim for someone with the potential to become top class of we're spending that kind of money.

Not saying Vlahovic doesn't have that at all or can't develop that further. Just not convinced at this point. Could very easily be wrong about that and more than happy to be proven wrong.

Back