• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dusan Vlahovic

Agreed, wouldn't be put off by that alone. I don't know. I like Isak though.

I think we should look for more than goals in a striker. Exactly what depends on how we plan to set up under Nuno.

Looking for strikers based only on goals is the opposite of how football has been developing imo. You need to do more to be considered really top class. We should aim for someone with the potential to become top class of we're spending that kind of money.

Not saying Vlahovic doesn't have that at all or can't develop that further. Just not convinced at this point. Could very easily be wrong about that and more than happy to be proven wrong.
Isak is good
But isn’t IMO as good in front of goal as Vlahovic
He would be a good partner for him
He showed in the Euros that creative hardworking side

I really don’t understand why a lot of our fans want to spend this much money on a relatively unknown striker who has had 1 good season.

Had Jaansen and Soldado not taught us anything? and they are players who before coming to us were consistent over a number of seasons.

Reactions: DTA
It's a like a lottery. Can't win if you don't buy a ticket.

I like the look of this guy. Good size (almost 6'3"), knows how to score and young enough (21) to have time to adapt to the rigors of the PL and for coaches and team mates to figure out how to best utilize him.

Soldado was a few inches shorter and was eight years older when we bought him. Janssen was a couple of years older than DV is now and clearly a few IQ points lighter. Scoring more than 20 goals in the Eredivisie is not the same achievement as doing so in Serie A

Last edited:
It's a like a lottery. Can't win if you don't buy a ticket.

I like the look of this guy. Good size (almost 6'3"), knows how to score and young enough (21) to have time to adapt to the rigors of the PL and for coaches and team mates to figure out how to best utilize him.

Soldado was a few inches shorter and was eight years older when we bought him. Janssen was a couple of years older than DV is now and clearly a few IQ points lighter. Scoring more than 20 goals in the Eredivisie is not the same achievement as doing so in Serie A

Have you actually seen him play?

I’ve seen him play
He is class IMO
Reminds me of a certain other striker who excelled there
Left footed too
Also plays a big like Ruud Van Nistellroy

Have you mentioned him before on the forum? Sounds like he should have been recommended time ago.

I've seen his clips, after being linked, not so sure about the RVN comparison apart from his hair.

What are his strengths and weaknesses? What do you expect from him?

Have you mentioned him before on the forum? Sounds like he should have been recommended time ago.

I've seen his clips, after being linked, not so sure about the RVN comparison apart from his hair.

What are his strengths and weaknesses? What do you expect from him?
Yes about 8 months ago
Long before paratici
Just seemed an obvious choice
And for the same money we had agreed for Vinny at the time
The guys a finisher. It’s his strength and IMO some focus. Hence the RVN comparison.
I think he could be, with the right move as good as any striker around for goal return. He was 3 behind lukaku who was outstanding by all accounts in a much more dominant team, set up for him

Yes about 8 months ago
Long before paratici
Just seemed an obvious choice
And for the same money we had agreed for Vinny at the time
The guys a finisher. It’s his strength and IMO some focus. Hence the RVN comparison.
I think he could be, with the right move as good as any striker around for goal return. He was 3 behind lukaku who was outstanding by all accounts in a much more dominant team, set up for him

Sounds very promising in your review

Sounds very promising in your review
Just my opinion of course
I’ll add that I though soldado was a coup when we signed him and look how that worked out
What I like about Vlahovic is he has already moved countries once. That’s the hardest part IMO. It’s what hurt Tubby Ndombele.

Yes. Not a lot live but we get Serie A on TV here in Toronto. To be honest, I thought we were pi55ing in the wind trying to get him. This video sums his whole game up nicely. Looks like he'd take up the Kane role quite nicely and leave us £100 mill or so to fund further transfers:

He does look like he has a bit of pace and strength about him which of course is promising. 60m on a player that has only done it for a year though is a gamble.

He does look like he has a bit of pace and strength about him which of course is promising. 60m on a player that has only done it for a year though is a gamble.

Do we have a choice? Which established genuine class striker would be willing to join us in our present state? Whoever we choose will be a gamble. We can go for a Tammy Abraham, 30 - 40M, type of 23/24 year old striker and hope to strike lucky as we did with the one-of-all-Poch's-transfers - Son - or we can put an additional 20M on the roulette for someone who already shows he can potentially become world class in a couple of years....

I am not a betting man but I sure as hell know which option I would choose.

It is a bit of a gamble, striker transfers are more than most, but Levy will I'm sure have the full payout of the 60m dependent on performance clauses I would think.

Yes. Not a lot live but we get Serie A on TV here in Toronto. To be honest, I thought we were pi55ing in the wind trying to get him. This video sums his whole game up nicely. Looks like he'd take up the Kane role quite nicely and leave us £100 mill or so to fund further transfers:

People talking how easy it would be to replace players like Kane when we weren't able to replace simple guys like Walker or Eriksen. Harry leaving will be a big blow for us, we are selling the league's TOP scorer and assists and we HOPE the new guy will be as good. Hope strategy gets you mid table, while City getting PL proven high value home grown players gets you the title. We only have 2 or 3 high value players and we are selling one of them, our best. That's what this window is.

People talking how easy it would be to replace players like Kane when we weren't able to replace simple guys like Walker or Eriksen. Harry leaving will be a big blow for us, we are selling the league's TOP scorer and assists and we HOPE the new guy will be as good. Hope strategy gets you mid table, while City getting PL proven high value home grown players gets you the title. We only have 2 or 3 high value players and we are selling one of them, our best. That's what this window is.

It will be HARD to replace Kane. But IF we use the money we get through his sale WISELY then we can improve the team even if we won’t have a replacement as good as Kane is. We can make the defence more solid, add in one or two new strikers, and build the team spirit rather than having a player who throws his toys out of the pram wanting to leave.

Back