• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Going through a rough time myself after my wife was knocked down on the pavement and killed two months ago.
It’s very hard and grief it’s a big battle.
My kid are tower of strength as we all try to deal with our loss

Oh my that is beyond words. I am so, so sorry (how inadequate that sounds). I don't even know what to say. It is difficult enough dealing with the loss of a loved one through illness, age etc. but in those circumstances it must be almost impossible to come to terms with.
It is good that you have a strong, loving family around you to share your grief - but also your happy memories which I am sure you have in abundance.
Take care of yourself x

Going through a rough time myself after my wife was knocked down on the pavement and killed two months ago.
Very sorry to read this Stephen, so sorry for your loss

What? That's awful, really sorry to hear that. I can't begin to comprehend what you must be going through, hope your family can all help each through this.

I am so sorry to hear this Stephen, just at a loss for words. Thinking of you and your family.

Mate I’m so sorry to read this. My thoughts are with you all

Stephen, I am so sorry. It’s good that you and your family have each other. You’re much respected in this community, so lean us if and when needed. Take care of yourself. x

Last edited:

So sorry to hear that mate, not much i can say that has not been posted by others. Stay strong brother.

OMG! I am so sorry to her this. Yes grief is a battle, but you hang in there and get help if you are in the slightest in need of it. Stay strong mate, we are all thinking of you.

My mental health and that of my best mate mate at work has taken a bit of a battering of late. We have a new boss and he has set about making the changes. We think he is a Kool Aid drinker. He has people watching staff and reporting back to him. Recently both of us have been subject to spurious discipline hearings. My mate and I both go the extra mile, but have since decided to reign our work ethic in. It got so bad, my mate admitted to breaking down and crying at home. Also admitted that he was not sleeping well. I have had trouble sleeping and admit that work causes me serious anxiety every day. Friends say cry off on mental health leave, but I have senior students relying on me to prepare them for their exams and cannot really afford to do that. What I Have learnt is that you can only rely on some people. The world is full of claming clams!

Nice to hear from you. Was wondering what was up. I can't imagine what you are going through. You have lots of friends on here, deeply sorry for your loss. One thing I can say, is with time it gets easier. The pain never quite goes, but it's easier to live with. Stay strong brother.

Oh my life, mate, that is unbelievable. I am so, so sorry. No words can quantify. I can (sadly) agree that grief is an ugly customer who shows up as and when it sees fit, and seems not to have much regard for overstaying its welcome...the very best of luck to you mate.

My mental health and that of my best mate mate at work has taken a bit of a battering of late. We have a new boss and he has set about making the changes. We think he is a Kool Aid drinker. He has people watching staff and reporting back to him. Recently both of us have been subject to spurious discipline hearings. My mate and I both go the extra mile, but have since decided to reign our work ethic in. It got so bad, my mate admitted to breaking down and crying at home. Also admitted that he was not sleeping well. I have had trouble sleeping and admit that work causes me serious anxiety every day. Friends say cry off on mental health leave, but I have senior students relying on me to prepare them for their exams and cannot really afford to do that. What I Have learnt is that you can only rely on some people. The world is full of claming clams!

Sorry to read this, that sort of snide workplace bullying flimflam is beyond! Good luck and here's hoping this prick gets his comeuppance...

Oh my Stephen that is truly awful. Love and best wishes to you all.

I don’t know what to say except I’m very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear this, thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

I am really struggling at the moment. I can’t help but think how I have wasted my life due to my mental health that I have suffered with through my life. I have nothing but regrets about how I had it all but did nothing with it.

I am paranoid about the future. I am anxious, depressed and would be going for ADHD assessment and autism assessment if I could afford to do so.

I have an assignment due this week for my Masters but I find myself with zero motivation as how can I be motivated for a future that I don’t want?

My mum has early Alzheimer’s. She has had it ongoing for a few years but it’s progressing worse and to see her struggling with activities that used to be so simple to her breaks my heart. And to know it’s not something she will come back from is too hard to take.

My parents worked tirelessly through their lives to provide the best that they could for my brother and I. They deserved so much better than they got from me. I hate myself but wonder why life has had to be like this. I feel like my anxiety and depression always held me back. I could continue but this post is too long already.

I am really struggling at the moment. I can’t help but think how I have wasted my life due to my mental health that I have suffered with through my life. I have nothing but regrets about how I had it all but did nothing with it.

I am paranoid about the future. I am anxious, depressed and would be going for ADHD assessment and autism assessment if I could afford to do so.

I have an assignment due this week for my Masters but I find myself with zero motivation as how can I be motivated for a future that I don’t want?

My mum has early Alzheimer’s. She has had it ongoing for a few years but it’s progressing worse and to see her struggling with activities that used to be so simple to her breaks my heart. And to know it’s not something she will come back from is too hard to take.

My parents worked tirelessly through their lives to provide the best that they could for my brother and I. They deserved so much better than they got from me. I hate myself but wonder why life has had to be like this. I feel like my anxiety and depression always held me back. I could continue but this post is too long already.

Was going to post a longer response but just wanted to say for the here and now, sorry to hear of the circumstances with your mother and of how you have described you are feeling at the minute.

I'm only a random Spurs fan on the internet (aren't we all I suppose) but for what it's worth, just from your input on here you seem like a great guy and although it can be easier than said done it sounds like you could do with trying to break the negative cycle. I don't want to overstep my mark in giving any advice not knowing the situation or making it seem like there are any immediate fixes but if possible, take positive steps in whatever serves you to be your best self for you and your family but focus on a bit of wellbeing + self love, you deserve to be happy.

And vent on here anytime and to any length as you like, the general vibe I'm seeing in society and with friends and family mental health-wise is where we are at lockdown levels of needing to talk things out and that's one of the great things about this place..

Back