• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

So Sunday I night I did something I never thought was possible and I tried to take my own life.

Went down to the shed with a bottlefull of my pills and took the lot. My wife came down from bed at 11pm wish she never does and realised I was not there or In bed and went to look for me.

Her screams seemed to wake half the close.

Monday was having my stomach pumped in Brighton and today my new home for the foresable mill view hospital in Hove. I have let so many people down and did not even see it coming.

I'm running out of steam with this parkinson's.

Please check your PMs mate...

So Sunday I night I did something I never thought was possible and I tried to take my own life.

Went down to the shed with a bottlefull of my pills and took the lot. My wife came down from bed at 11pm wish she never does and realised I was not there or In bed and went to look for me.

Monday was having my stomach pumped in Brighton and today my new home for the foresable mill view hospital in Hove. I have let so many people down and did not even see it coming.

This has made me sad
I hope you can get some help
We're all rooting for you x
If you feel like this again, think of the love for you from your family, friends, us on here and also Spurs are good now, please promise me you will be in that number when the Spurs go marching in !!!

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope that you are getting the care that you need. You've got this.

So sorry to read that, @Danishfurniturelover. I hope you get all the help you need to get back up on your feet again. Remember there are many people who care for you, even some random strangers on an internet forum like me. Get well soon, mate.

Agree with all that has been said on here mate, stay strong and if i was a religous man my prayers would/will be with you.

Hang in there buddy.

there is not really much I can say that hasn’t already been said. Try to realise that You are valued and appreciated. if that news brings the emotions out on a forum of strangers like here, imagine how highly that those that know you personally regard you and how essential you are for them.

Don’t really know what else to say… except @LutonSpurs has offered to send you nudes… ask him for custard and tights as well

Hi thanks for the messages guys.

Bit raw and emotional now and absolutely shattered.

The messages are kind and help. They have given some strong sedation for sleep and it is amazing how that helps. No short cuts though.

Think I took it for granted and was at times to dismissive of other people's mental health. Quite humbling.

Good to see this post mate, I’ve been concerned. Rest up and take it easy and know there are strangers out there who love and admire you. (Weird but true)

I’d not seen this, very distressing.

Lots of love to you fella - I admire your strength in disclosing this private information and it will surely help you and your family to be open and honest about what possessed you to attempt such a thing

Take your time to get your physical health back to the best it can be and forgive yourself. Look at the wonders of the world with fresh eyes.

Hi thanks for the messages guys.

Bit raw and emotional now and absolutely shattered.

The messages are kind and help. They have given some strong sedation for sleep and it is amazing how that helps. No short cuts though.

Think I took it for granted and was at times to dismissive of other people's mental health. Quite humbling.

This message is worth a splash of custard with my dinner tonight! Great that the ship is steadier...

look_what_i_picked_up_at_the_big_top__by_trouso_dbd8qgu-fullview.jpg

Shocked me a bit to hear, chin up and all that

So I was allowed home today.

I appreciated everything they did for me at Millview but it is not a great place to be. Being locked in was not good for me and being with people with severe mental issues rather then just depression was actually quite depressing.

The therapists were great and I'm working on new coping mechanisms. The amount of calls from the people in my Parkinsons help group in Brighton. Honestly wish the circumstances were different but I have meet some of the nicest and best friends I have through them.

So now going to be kinder to myself and probably take myself off social media for a bit. Get fit and then off to China in January for round 2.

I'm now under weight. 10 stone for a 6 foot guy. Don't remember ever being this weight. Can actually feel bones through my skin

I appreciated everything they did for me at Millview but it is not a great place to be. Being locked in was not good for me and being with people with severe mental issues rather then just depression was actually quite depressing.

The therapists were great and I'm working on new coping mechanisms. The amount of calls from the people in my Parkinsons help group in Brighton. Honestly wish the circumstances were different but I have meet some of the nicest and best friends I have through them.

So now going to be kinder to myself and probably take myself off social media for a bit. Get fit and then off to China in January for round 2.

I'm now under weight. 10 stone for a 6 foot guy. Don't remember ever being this weight. Can actually feel bones through my skin

good luck with it.

you have many people who care for you, even the weirdos on here (including me)

Whatever it takes to get back to feeling good, my friend. We’ll be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Baby steps. You defo deserve being kinder to yourself. Been through a lot and amazing how well you have coped. I know you'll find the best way, you always do! Hoping to see you posting on here. Always a delight, whether through thick or thin custard, you bring plenty of smiles.

Being kinder to yourself is a GREAT thing! For all of us TBF. The way you write and share your experiences is empowering and very selfless. I am going to say that I believe this whole situation was a one-off, and that now you have some new tools in the kit, you will hopefully find the path easier. Good luck on the journey and you know where we are…

Even if you're not a cricket fan the Ben Stokes documentary on Amazon is extremely thought provoking and brilliant

Going through a rough time myself after my wife was knocked down on the pavement and killed two months ago.
It’s very hard and grief it’s a big battle.
My kid are tower of strength as we all try to deal with our loss

Back