• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do we really need any more signings?

Do we need any more signings? Yes as many as possible.

It all depends where you want us to finish.

Top class = Above arsenal

Samae squad = Behind again

Its pretty simple.

We need a left back, 2 CBs, a winger, another striker

In my view, I think we need another two centre backs (ideally one or both would be able to cover at full back if necessary). A replacement for Caulker and a replacement for Gallas. The notion that Kaboul coming back is like a new signing is only relevant if we don't have another injury at CB. Both Gallas and Caulker saw a fair few games last season. We're starting to look very good indeed as an attacking force, but we're just one injury away from having a pretty fragile defence in my view.

I'd like to see a new, youngish goalkeeper to start bedding in as Lloris' long-term back up. Friedel might have another season in him - he might not. Either way, he's obviously not a long-term #2

I'd like to see us bring in a new young striker with potential alongside Soldado and Defoe, and let Adebayor join Besiktas (if that rumour has any legs).

And to free up space in the squad, we could find other clubs for Livermore, Huddlestone, Parker and Gomes (I was always one of Gomes' biggest fans, but it looks pretty clear that his Spurs career is drawing to an end, and the other three don't seem likely to be getting much game time this season with the return of Sandro, the arrival of Paulinho and the possibility of Holtby dropping deeper).

Here is my depth chart. Assuming that we will primarily play 4-3-3 next year.

GK1: Lloris
GK2: Friedel
GK3: Gomes
GK4: Archer

RB1: Walker
RB2: Naughton
RB3: Kaboul

LB1: BAE
LB2: Rose
LB3: Naughton
LB4: Vert

CB1: Vert
CB2: Dawson
CB3: Kaboul
CB4: Hudd

MFC1: Sandro
MFC2: Hudd
MFC3: Parker
MFC4: Livermore

MFR1: Paulinho
MFR2: Holtby
MFR3: Parker
MFR4: Carroll / Sig

MFL1: Dembele
MFL2: Holtby
MFL3: Carroll / Sig

FWR1: Bale
FWR2: Townsend
FWR3: Chadli / Dempsey / Sig

FWL1: Lennon
FWL2: Chadli
FWL3: Dempsey
FWL4: Sig

FWC1: Soldado
FWC2: Ade
FWC3: Defoe
FWC4: Dempsey

I think that we could do with selling Gomes, Huddlestone and Adebayor and try and get a quality left back and a new young centre back seeing as we sold the one we had.. :-k

Maybe send Livermore out on loan as well.

Do we need anymore signings? - Yes IMO

Will we see anymore signings? - Only at CB.

I get the feeling we are in for a busy couple of weeks and our business if far from done.

Aside from the fact we have now put ourselves in a position where we need a cb I would still like to see a young striker arrive for the future.

I think either ade or defoe will go....if I had to put money on it I would say ade is off.

Parker sold - hudd - sold carrol - loan ade - sold is my prediction though wouldn't be surprised if Dempsey leaves.....

of course a lot depends on our welsh wonder in terms of players in.....if its all good I say another young cf and cb and were good...im not to worried at lb with rose,benny & fryers.......if the worst happens then we should need another player - am who can operate across the front someone like a C Eriksen, Lamela, and the other positions I have mentioned.

So so chuffed we look to have got THAT striker pending medical/terms but I don't think were done transfer wise just yet.

Do we need Champions League football next season might as well be the question. We've made two quality (or at least should be) signings but we have to strive to strengthen in every area. The teams around us are going to be strengthening even more and we still need a replacement for Bale, a replacement for Assou-Ekotto, a replacement for Gallas and a replacement for Caulker.

On top of that I still think we could do with another good striker. I think Soldado will be a hit, but if he gets injured we're left with the same ammount of firepower as a glass of water, especially seeing as Bale looks likely to go.

Do we need Champions League football next season might as well be the question. We've made two quality (or at least should be) signings but we have to strive to strengthen in every area. The teams around us are going to be strengthening even more and we still need a replacement for Bale, a replacement for Assou-Ekotto, a replacement for Gallas and a replacement for Caulker.

On top of that I still think we could do with another good striker. I think Soldado will be a hit, but if he gets injured we're left with the same ammount of firepower as a glass of water, especially seeing as Bale looks likely to go.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of that I still think we could do with another good striker. I think Soldado will be a hit, but if he gets injured we're left with the same ammount of firepower as a glass of water, especially seeing as Bale looks likely to go.

This is basically what it depends on. I don't think it looks likely he'll go, so i would be surprised if we added much to our 50m outlay thus far.

A CB and sell a couple of players, only bringing someone else in if we sell a direct backup or find a knock down deal somewhere.

On top of that I still think we could do with another good striker. I think Soldado will be a hit, but if he gets injured we're left with the same ammount of firepower as a glass of water, especially seeing as Bale looks likely to go.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry, is this the optimistic thread?

I did of course mean, in the absoloute hypothetical event that Bale was to leave :D

-------------------Lloris
------------------(Friedel)

--Walker------Kaboul--Vertonghen--BAE
(Naughton)--(Dawson)-----()-----(Rose)

----Paulinho------Sandro------Dembele
--(Sigurdsson)---(Holtby)------(Carroll)

---Bale----------Soldado--------Chadli
(Lennon)------(Adebayor)----(Dempsey)

So obviously replacing Caulker is now the priority.

For me BAE, Dempsey, Friedel and Ade are probably the ones we could do with upgrading next over the next 12 months. Any of that we can do in the remained of this window would be a bonus.

-------------------Lloris
------------------(Friedel)

--Walker------Kaboul--Vertonghen--BAE
(Naughton)--(Dawson)-----()-----(Rose)

----Paulinho------Sandro------Dembele
--(Sigurdsson)---(Parker)------(Holtby)

---Bale----------Soldado--------Chadli
(Lennon)------(Adebayor)----(Townsend)

Think Parker is staying now and will be Sandro's understudy so a CB is needed for sure and a 3rd choice promising striker would be great.

Out

Gomes
Huddlestone
Livermore
Carroll (loan)
Defoe
Dempsey

Is a 23 man squad enough cover? hmmmm maybe keep Dempsey.

Think Parker is staying now and will be Sandro's understudy so a CB is needed for sure and a 3rd choice promising striker would be great.

Out

Gomes
Huddlestone
Livermore
Carroll (loan)
Defoe
Dempsey

Is a 23 man squad enough cover? hmmmm maybe keep Dempsey.

I think we need to keep Carroll - with Hudd likely going he's our only real ballplayer left. I think Parker's legs have gone and his chronic lack of ability on the ball makes him a liability in an AVB team.

I think Dempsey is important because of his versatility - he's 2nd choice LF and 3rd choice CF. I still think he's much more valuable than Townsend.

Hudd, Parker, Defoe, Gomes and Livermore would be my players to sell.

I agree with most of the people here who said we need a CB. We really, really do. Kaboul's just coming off his injury, and though I have full faith in the guy, it'll take him time to get back to the level he was playing at pre-inury. Verts is injured, so that leaves only Daws and Fryers. Fryers is completely unproven (albeit clearly at least somewhat talented), so that just leaves Daws. Nah, we need another one. If we do buy Chiriches, a seemingly extremely elegant ball-playing defender, I wonder if that means AVB's considering two partnerships: one with Daws and Verts, and the other with Kaboul and Chiriches. Basically a 'destroyer'-type defender and a more composed passing defender.

Other than that, we need a backup striker if we get rid of Ade. We can't start the season with Soldado, Defoe and Dempsey as our forwards.

So, a new CB and a new backup/young striker.

Beyond that, we're set in every area.

Back