• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do we really need any more signings?

I would also target Alderweireld - 1 year left on his contract, 24 years of age and likely to settle well given the other Belgians we have on our books. He can also play RB which again gives us good cover.

Looking at some of the names who have a year on their contract across Europe........ Atsu from Porto, Eriksen at Ajax, Nani from United, Ljajic at Fiorentina, Menez at PSG are all players that I think as a club, we should be keeping an eye on with a view to approaching either this window or in January as they become available to offers on a bosman (Nani exception).

Great post. This makes so much sense, good players at cheap prices, bish bash bosh. Supplemented by a couple at "top prices" like Soldado of course.

When people do these things and show which players cover which positions, its baffles me that players are included in multiple positions - it makes it look as though you have a 50 man squad!!

I think you should just list each player in their best position as it gives a far better impression of the depth of the squad

And it seems we have 2 Sigurdsson's!

Interesting question

- One of our key advantages this season will be Cheat$ki/United/City all will be settling in a new manager, new styles and some new players
- We already have 3 new first team players, not including Sandro/Kaboul who had limited playing time under AVB last season
- FB is an area I could see us making an addition
- I see people asking for a CM and a Bale replacement (not sure how you define Bale's position now), that would make 5 changes to first team?

I can see a couple of cover options (e.g. CB now that we sold Caulker), but honestly little concerned we are making too many changes.

Great post. This makes so much sense, good players at cheap prices, bish bash bosh. Supplemented by a couple at "top prices" like Soldado of course.

I think the top weight prices have been paid in terms of Paulinho and Soldado whic is fine by me. But a couple of the players on my list who have a year left would definitely be gettable at a more reasonable price than say, last summer. That will especially be the case if they have made it clear they aren't playing ball in terms of a new contract.

To my mind, looking at our squad, If we kept Bale which is hopefully still going to be the case and added as an example, Alderweireld and say Ljajic whilst selling on a few fringe players like Livermore, Huddlestone and Gomes then I would say that we should be challenging for the title realistically. Take into account the varying levels of upheaval at 3 of our rivals and it is totally realistic to expect a strong season across all competitions.

According to the papers today, Dempsey is about to sign for an MLS team, Defoe is off to QPR and Adebayor is going to Turkey. On top of that, Bale will be gone within the week.

Suddenly it looks as though we'll need to bring in another three or four attacking players to play alongside new signing, Soldado. Up until a week ago, I was really confident about a title challenge this year, but if Bale, Dempsey and one (or both!) of the other strikers leaves, then this has "transition season" written all over it.

According to the papers today, Dempsey is about to sign for an MLS team, Defoe is off to QPR and Adebayor is going to Turkey. On top of that, Bale will be gone within the week.

Suddenly it looks as though we'll need to bring in another three or four attacking players to play alongside new signing, Soldado. Up until a week ago, I was really confident about a title challenge this year, but if Bale, Dempsey and one (or both!) of the other strikers leaves, then this has "transition season" written all over it.

Bale 100m
Defoe 7m
Ade 7m
Dempsey 6m

Total 122 Million to sort out our strike force having already bagged Soldado? .... Id say go for it!
Bring in Lamela 25m, Willian 30m, Rooney 35m ... enough change for wages

Bale - £90m
Defoe - 6m
Ade - 6m
Dempsey - 6m
OUT - £108m

Lamela - £27m
Griezmann - £21m
Ince - £8m

you know, I have no idea what striker we could even get. I'm trying to think of a young striker we could purchase to have when Soldado needs a rest or to put pressure on Soldado etc and I can't think of one.

We need a new left back, centre half, midfield playmaker, number 10 type and another striker. And another winger if Bale goes.

Back