• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do we have the most underrated central midfield pairing in the Premier League?

They look good together - telepathic to a certain extent - like a match made in heaven. What I love about Dembele is his defensive play - he isnt just a show pony so to speak the guy can actually defend and combative in midfield. I didnt realise he was that good in defense.

I would rather have Jonjojojojoojoojojojojooo Shelvey though

They look good together - telepathic to a certain extent - like a match made in heaven. What I love about Dembele is his defensive play - he isnt just a show pony so to speak the guy can actually defend and combative in midfield. I didnt realise he was that good in defense.

I would rather have Jonjojojojoojoojojojojooo Shelvey though

who would he replace though. would be tough to replace one of the two

If we had someone like Moutinho in front of those 2 or in the middle of those 2 we would be fudging lethal.

Can a few of our regular Portuguese league watchers tell me they think what Moutinho's strengths are, whether he'd be able to adapt to the premier league and how well he has been doing this season so far?

I've barely seen any of him, bar a few games in the Euros and he does seem to be coveted as the answer on this board.

Gutted that we didnt pull it off in time. Think it would have made a massive difference

imo once we signed Dembele that was the end of any Moutinho interest....too expensive, too many agents, difficulty in dealing with Porto

The last day of the window was occupied with sorting out the Lloris deal and the Dempsey transfer. Think about it, all the Moutinho talk was very odd and without any real substance. Moutinho was travelling with Porto to an away game, there was no fuss in Portugal involving this transfer. All the speculation seemed to be stirred on the internet and by SSN

Can a few of our regular Portuguese league watchers tell me they think what Moutinho's strengths are, whether he'd be able to adapt to the premier league and how well he has been doing this season so far?

I've barely seen any of him, bar a few games in the Euros and he does seem to be coveted as the answer on this board.

His passing range and ability is superb as well as movement within short perimetres. He's also very good at retaining and recycling possession

Reminescent of Modric in some way but a completely different player in others

imo once we signed Dembele that was the end of any Moutinho interest....too expensive, too many agents, difficulty in dealing with Porto

The last day of the window was occupied with sorting out the Lloris deal and the Dempsey transfer. Think about it, all the Moutinho talk was very odd and without any real substance. Moutinho was travelling with Porto to an away game, there was no fuss in Portugal involving this transfer. All the speculation seemed to be stirred on the internet and by SSN

Not true

Dembele is better than Moutinho at pretty much everything other than passing. His passing isn't terrible though, some very good Modric type passes in the second half vs. Villa

Agree that Parker is better in possession but what's the good of that if all he can do is pass backwards and sideways, thereby disrupting our forward momentum? Sandro's defensive game is massive but whilst his forward passing often let's him down, at least it is intelligent and at least he ATTEMPTS to get the ball forward as swiftly as posible. If he could just fine-tune his radar in that respect he'd be close to world class

I would like to see Dembele played in the "hole" with Parker and Sandro behind him, this would be great for away games.

I was a touch gutted when we missed out on Moutinho, but Dembele has eased that and played far better than I expected, he just glides past players, a joy to watch at times.
Sandro though is starting to worry me a little, great in the tackles but his passing and distribution is erratic at times. I only hope that he doesnt follow the same pattern as Palacios. although we all know there were outside influences which contributed to that dip in form

we shall see in jan.....remember, im waiting to see if we sign Moutinho in the first week and then il eat humble pie

my opinion is the transfer is dead and was dead once Dembele signed

Dembele is better than Moutinho at pretty much everything other than passing. His passing isn't terrible though, some very good Modric type passes in the second half vs. Villa

I second this, I will also add that Defoe is also better than Lloris. Defoe scores more goals, has more shots on goal, has better movement and Lloris just seems to stay inside this white box around him for the whole game. Although I have seen him move to the one at the very opposite of the park in the 2nd half.

Dembele and Sandro are excellent together, what we now need ahead of them is a Silva or Cazorla type, someone to unlock the tightest defences with some ultra clever passing

I second this, I will also add that Defoe is also better than Lloris. Defoe scores more goals, has more shots on goal, has better movement and Lloris just seems to stay inside this white box around him for the whole game. Although I have seen him move to the one at the very opposite of the park in the 2nd half.

:ross:

So true

I fcuking love Dembele. He is immense. I dont know any other player that glides past players with ease and turns when he has 2 players around him and get past them with ease. People may say Yaya Toure but I think he is better at that than him.

Sandro, I fudging love too, he is actually a BEAST. Again I dont know any other player that can tackle like him in the premiership, he is probable the best defensive midfielder in the league. Parker is good, and is a better all round player at the moment I think but Sandro will be immense. How old is he?

Back