• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do we have the most underrated central midfield pairing in the Premier League?

Do we actually need Moutinho though?

At home we need that kind of player imo. That could be hudd if he gets back to his old form but we need someone who can hold the ball halfway up the pitch and dictate the pace and shape of the game, and give other players confidence to make off the ball runs without fearing that we'll concede possession as soon as they're under pressure.

Dembele looks fantastic in possession but he is too direct to be that player, sandro and Parker don't have that creative vision and unless sigg has something up his sleeves he hasn't shown before that's not his strength either.

Do we actually need Moutinho though?

In my opinion - yes, we desperately need a (deep-lying) playmaker - someone who can control the tempo and set the rhythm from the onset. Dembele is primarily a runner and enjoys going forward but his passing game comes short on number of occasions (although he excels in number of separate aspects)

We have been desperate for some match-winning creativity in number of games this season in order to capitalise on all of that possession - especially now both Modric and VdV are long gone. Plus we would immediately revert to AVB's 4-3-3 which is how I expected us to line up if we had been slightly luckier on 31 August

Last edited:
You honestly don't believe if Moutinho was brought in, it wouldnt be to compete with Dembele? :lol:

In my opinion - yes, we desperately need a (deep-lying) playmaker - someone who can control the tempo and set the rhythm from the onset. Dembele is primarily a runner and enjoys going forward but his passing game comes short on number of occasions (although he excels in number of separate aspects)

We have been desperate for some match-winning creativity in number of games this season in order to capitalise on all of that possession - especially now both Modric and VdV are long gone. Plus we would immediately revert to AVB's 4-3-3 which is how I expected us to line up if we had been slightly luckier on 31 August

you are going to struggle to get some match winning creativity from a deep lying playmaker which will make the difference

like i said, what we are missing is creativity in the final 3rd, the creativity provided by the likes of Cazorla, Hazard, Silva, Özil, which unlocks tight defences

You honestly don't believe if Moutinho was brought in, it wouldnt be to compete with Dembele? :lol:

Of course not - all 3 (along with Sandro) would play in the middle of a 4-3-3

We are not Chelsea to afford have 20m bench warmers

fudge moutinho, he isnt needed, why waste money on him.

Isco is the one that got away

you are going to struggle to get some match winning creativity from a deep lying playmaker which will make the difference
like i said, what we are missing is creativity in the final 3rd, the creativity provided by the likes of Cazorla, Hazard, Silva, Özil, which unlocks tight defences

I'm not entirely sure if you are serious.

Once Dembele is in a more advanced position within the middle 3 he can contribute significantly to our attacking movement.

Most of the players you've described above are wingers anyway so if anything they can compare directly to Bale whom we already have (even Dembele can fit in that bracket to a degree)

fudge moutinho, he isnt needed, why waste money on him.

Isco is the one that got away

I have to agree don't see where Moutinho would fit in with us atm. I mean there is no doubting his talent but it would be a hell of a lot of money to splash out for someone who may not be an automatic selection

They're doing it anyway plus ability-wise sounds like the natural order of things.

Just seems a waste. We've been playing with 1 off the striker ALL season, would we change that if we bring Moutinho in? I'm interested to see what AVB does when Hudd is FULLY fit as well as Livermore and Parker, to see if he continues with 1 off the striker or does indeed try for 3 in the middle.

Just seems a waste. We've been playing with 1 off the striker ALL season, would we change that if we bring Moutinho in? I'm interested to see what AVB does when Hudd is FULLY fit as well as Livermore and Parker, to see if he continues with 1 off the striker or does indeed try for 3 in the middle.

I simply think that if we were willing to break our record fee by almost double the amount in order to bring this player (allegedly) - Avi B must have had a pretty good idea of how to utilise them effectively. Long season, EL / COC games, etc.

Again - all of the players listed above were always going to be squad units and I'm sure they were/are made of aware of that. Not to mention Hudd/Dawson are not even part of the equation and Parker is 32 soon.

I'm not entirely sure if you are serious.

Once Dembele is in a more advanced position within the middle 3 he can contribute significantly to our attacking movement.

Most of the players you've described above are wingers anyway so if anything they can compare directly to Bale whom we already have (even Dembele can fit in that bracket to a degree)

Dembele hasnt got the ability to play the sort of defence splitting balls that those players i mentioned have. His strengths lie elsewhere

Cazorla, Hazard, Silva and Özil cannot be compared to Bale in the sense that they have much more ability with the ball and the vision to open up defences with super intricate passing. Bale, or Dembele, cannot do that. we dont have that type of player at all

Dembele hasnt got the ability to play the sort of defence splitting balls that those players i mentioned have. His strengths lie elsewhere

Cazorla, Hazard, Silva and Özil cannot be compared to Bale in the sense that they have much more ability with the ball and the vision to open up defences with super intricate passing. Bale, or Dembele, cannot do that. we dont have that type of player at all

Hazard dribbles and runs past players.

Silva is a playmaker who plays behind Toure - i.e. where Motinho would be for us to a large degree

Cazorla is a wide player and so is Ozil

Dembele's techincal ability and movement past players is a massive asset often over-looked by many. With a creative engine behind him we can do some seroious damage.

Back