• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do we have the most underrated central midfield pairing in the Premier League?

Dembele hasnt got the ability to play the sort of defence splitting balls that those players i mentioned have. His strengths lie elsewhere

Cazorla, Hazard, Silva and Özil cannot be compared to Bale in the sense that they have much more ability with the ball and the vision to open up defences with super intricate passing. Bale, or Dembele, cannot do that. we dont have that type of player at all

of course he has. he's put in a few in his Spurs career already, what is it, 5 games?

I simply think that if we were willing to break our record fee by almost double the amount in order to bring this player (allegedly) - Avi B must have had a pretty good idea of how to utilise them effectively. Long season, EL / COC games, etc.

Again - all of the players listed above were always going to be squad units and I'm sure they were/are made of aware of that. Not to mention Hudd/Dawson are not even part of the equation and Parker is 32 soon.

very important is that "allegedly"

if Levy could have got him for 16-20 mill, then Moutinho could have been a Spurs player. However that valuation was unacceptable to Porto so Spurs went for Dembele instead at an affordable 15 mill and AVB had to adjust his plans a bit

imo

if Levy could have got him for 16-20 mill, then Moutinho could have been a Spurs player. However that valuation was unacceptable to Porto so Spurs went for Dembele instead at an affordable 15 mill and AVB had to adjust his plans a bit

imo

Dembele was signed days before the Moutinho negotiations

Plus he's a completely different player

Are you saying AVB was lying in confessing we were inches close to him and qunting agents shafted us?

?

Last edited:
We would play all 3 with Sandro in Avi B's 'natural' 4-3-3

So who would play in front Dembele I assume? I didn't think Dembele or Moutinho played high up the pitch as say a Dempsey or Siggurdson did. Could leave our striker quite isolated. Not saying Moutinho isn't more talented then those two just trying to see how it could work.

imo

Your opinion is wrong, everything you think you know is wrong, Dembele was signed well before Moutinho went into negotiations for a start. The valuation was accepted. We couldnt agree personal terms with Moutinho so Porto instructed him to go to their game. We then re-opened negotiations in which they were accepted. Porto then wanted more money as they thought that we valued Moutinho higher due to us increasing his wage. We then agreed a new fee with Porto only for them to fax inaccurate papers for the transfer of the player. We ran out of time to resolve this.

So who would play in front Dembele I assume? I didn't think Dembele or Moutinho played high up the pitch as say a Dempsey or Siggurdson did. Could leave our striker quite isolated. Not saying Moutinho isn't more talented then those two just trying to see how it could work.

Sandro ..Moutinho

.....Dembele

Easy Peasy Japanesy

This would have been us this season if we were luckier back in August

What is so funny you would drop Dembele the way he is playing right now? That is Moutinho's preferred position is it not?

ignoring the rolling laughter........have to say that moutinho is better than all our current midfielders in quite a few categories from what i have seen.

I personally like dembele and sandro....on a more supporter level that is. i'm a big fan of the pair but moutinho is actually a mesh of Tom Huddlestone, modric and parker rolled into one. i am not saying he can do ALL of what they can do and better...just that his skills sets encompass what all those players offer bar modric's ability to carry the ball fluidly

he's a good player..however i agree that it would be odd to spend that kind of money on a plaer in a position we are stacked in abit.

this whole thing about AVBs porto system. i would ask that you takle those comments with a pinch of salt...or a whole cup full tbh. that sysetm isnt his and he made do with whatever ingredients he had..players make systems and AVB can do what he wants with whomever he wants ..he doesnt 'need' to get moutinho to carry out the one and only system he knows and / or likes etc etc

Dembele was signed days before the Moutinho negotiations

Plus he's a completely different player

Are you saying AVB was lying in confessing we were inches close to him and qunting agents shafted us?

?

what Moutinho negotiations???? where is your proof?? ITKs??? rightio

AVB lying??? the same AVB who all summer said we dont need a goalkeeper and then signs Lloris?:-k

like i said, see you in jan on this subject regarding Moutinho

A very common way of playing 4-3-3 is to have a deep laying playmaker/midfield anchor and two box-to-box midfielders.

Sandro Moutinho Dembele

Moutinho would advance further forward when we as a time move up the pitch or drop back if one of the CBs go on a run.

Your opinion is wrong, everything you think you know is wrong, Dembele was signed well before Moutinho went into negotiations for a start. The valuation was accepted. We couldnt agree personal terms with Moutinho so Porto instructed him to go to their game. We then re-opened negotiations in which they were accepted. Porto then wanted more money as they thought that we valued Moutinho higher due to us increasing his wage. We then agreed a new fee with Porto only for them to fax inaccurate papers for the transfer of the player. We ran out of time to resolve this.

source for all this detailed info??? SSN??? JJetset???Akayid??

what Moutinho negotiations???? where is your proof?? ITKs??? rightio

AVB lying??? the same AVB who all summer said we dont need a goalkeeper and then signs Lloris?:-k

like i said, see you in jan on this subject regarding Moutinho

Where is your proof that we didnt enter negotiations and have a fee accepted ?

Back