• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

I expect Doherty will get the nod against teams that won’t be able to attack us, in the games where there is defending to do Royal is the pick.

The next six games should be walkovers, Doherty will be heavily involved I’m sure.

Spence might get the silly little cup games.

I don’t know, I’d have been a bit tinkled off if the sub was Doherty for Royal when needing a goal and to get back in the game with only a few minutes left. Would I start Moura over Doherty as RWB, no chance in hell, but would I choose him ahead in this scenario, absolutely!

Okay. But where does that leave spence? League cup games? We might only have 1.

fa cup too

and the 5th and 6th CL group games which will be dead rubbers, maybe some second legs further in that tournament too

he’d be better off out on loan though I think

Okay. But where does that leave spence? League cup games? We might only have 1.
My idea is….

- by the end of the season Spence is first choice
- In the coming weeks Doherty is first choice and Spence/Royal back up
- soon… Royal is back up for Romero and 3rd choice RWB.

i think Royal’s ok and would be a shame to lose him from the squad. Likewise Doherty, but neither should really be considered long term solutions. From what I’ve seen of Spence at Forest he could be the real deal.

whether Conte agrees is another matter though. Just giving my take on it.

fa cup too

and the 5th and 6th CL group games which will be dead rubbers, maybe some second legs further in that tournament too

he’d be better off out on loan though I think

We don't get into the fa cup till next year.

Didn't we realise from the conference cup there are no dead rubbers?

My idea is….

i think Royal’s ok and would be a shame to lose him from the squad. Likewise Doherty, but neither should really be considered long term solutions. From what I’ve seen of Spence at Forest he could be the real deal.

So we sell sanchez? We have too many non hg, especially if we want to bring in anyone before the window shuts.

So we sell sanchez? We have too many non hg, especially if we want to bring in anyone before the window shuts.
I’m not sure on the home grown thing, guess you know more than me, but would be reluctant to sell Sanchez as well, decent squad player.

Davies, Lenglet, Dier, Sanchez, Romero is all we have at the back to cover 3 starters every week.

Don’t think we should be selling anyone there unless we buy someone. Royal being able to cover a few positions on that side of the pitch should help though.

I’m not sure on the home grown thing, guess you know more than me, but would be reluctant to sell Sanchez as well, decent squad player.

Davies, Lenglet, Dier, Sanchez, Romero is all we have at the back to cover 3 starters every week.

Don’t think we should be selling anyone there unless we buy someone. Royal being able to cover a few positions on that side of the pitch should help though.

Tanganga aswell. Who is also club trained of which we need 4 for cl. Kane, austin, skipp are the only others. So we sell, that's a 24 man squad for cl. Which we can accept, but he can't really be replaced.

Champions League non-homegrown players: Hugo Lloris, Matt Doherty, Emerson Royal, Eric Dier, Cristian Romero, Ben Davies, Davinson Sanchez, Clement Lenglet, Sergio Reguilon, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Rodrigo Bentancur, Yves Bissouma, Tanguy Ndombele, Pape Matar Sarr, Ivan Perisic, Dejan Kulusevski, Bryan Gil, Lucas Moura, Son Heung-min, Richarlison. (20 - three over the limit)

Ok so hopefully ndombele and reguilon will be gone soon. If we then loaned or sold sarr and gil. It would leave us 16 non hg. So we could bring in a zaniolo or someone. If we want to bring in 2, then one of emerson, doherty or moura has to go. Unless a cb comes in and we sell sanchez.

My idea is….

Yeah I think so. We need depth for injuries so not all will get on the bench. Moura is still being tested and results are middling. So if Spence takes his opportunity well who knows? Conte has patience for Sess so I'm sure he will get his chances.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Saw something earlier on twi tter that there was some disagreement behind the scenes, didn't know what it was.
However, if it wasn't made clear when he signed that he might be sent out on loan, then I can't say I really blame him to be honest.
Despite the current circumstances, Gold has revealed that Spence does not intend to move out temporarily, even with the lack of immediate game time. The Football.London journalist expressed how the 22-year-old understands the situation and is willing to fight for chances.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Gold said: “With Spence, he’s a very young guy, and we should just be calm. I was speaking to people around him again this week and there’s no desire to go on loan or anything like that.

“I don’t know if he could even go to another English club, he’d have to go abroad, but there’s no desire to do that. Spence knows what he wants and he understands exactly which stage he is at currently.

“He knows for a wing-back under Conte’s system, he’s got to be very different to a wing-back in most other teams. He knows exactly what he got himself into at Tottenham.”

Doesn’t sound like a big deal to me…..

Doesn’t sound like a big deal to me…..

Agreed. Mountain..molehill....

More generally, I struggle a bit with our RWB business this summer though, unless its not finished as yet. Such an important position for Conte yet we're starting with a RB playing as a RWB...unless this is just while Doherty gets fit and then Royal is loaned out or similar. We saw at the weekend via Perisic how much a top quality WB can add...would feel a little odd to me if we planned to go into the full season with a starting RWB who is better defensively than offensively

I can see the attraction for Spence of staying put even if it limits his game time.
Training and learning from one of the best coaches in the world...and Perisic...could be better for his development at this stage rather than going off on another loan

More generally, I struggle a bit with our RWB business this summer though, unless its not finished as yet. Such an important position for Conte yet we're starting with a RB playing as a RWB...unless this is just while Doherty gets fit and then Royal is loaned out or similar. We saw at the weekend via Perisic how much a top quality WB can add...would feel a little odd to me if we planned to go into the full season with a starting RWB who is better defensively than offensively
I think Spence is the best RWB at the club, but it will take a little while for him to be the starter because he needs to get his fitness levels to the standard Conte likes and also us to gain Contes trust. Royal has come on leaps and bounds IMO and whilst not the most dangerous attacking wise is not as bad as some like to make out and clearly something Conte appreciates.

If the issue with Doherty was fitness we would have seen him by now - Conte isn’t going to keep putting someone on the bench that isn’t that fit. We have seen with Perisic being on the bench not being fully fit but still given game time coming off of there but Doherty has had zero minutes. Moura gets out there ahead of him, the signs have been there since pre season. It’s Royal and Moura/Spence, if anyone is getting offloaded it’s Doherty…..

I can definitely understand that.

What gives me some confidence about it is that we seemingly wanted Spence from early on. No long drawn out sagas of trying to sign this player and that player then ending up with Spence.

Conte and Paratici obviously saw Spence as the player to sign and I can only assume they're happy with that as our only RWB incoming business this summer.

Given what's been going on with transfers since Paratici and Conte came in I'm quite confident that there's a good plan in place. We're just still rather early in that plan.

I can definitely understand that.

What gives me some confidence about it is that we seemingly wanted Spence from early on. No long drawn out sagas of trying to sign this player and that player then ending up with Spence.

Conte and Paratici obviously saw Spence as the player to sign and I can only assume they're happy with that as our only RWB incoming business this summer.

Given what's been going on with transfers since Paratici and Conte came in I'm quite confident that there's a good plan in place. We're just still rather early in that plan.

There is also a political man management element to this where you have to change the guard without causing any long term damage to moral. Does Spence no harm to work hard behind the scenes with Royal retaining his place, keeps the status quo for a while and a happy ship till a natural passing of the baton. Then when that happens its more understandable than dumping a player from the off for a new kid and heaping early pressure on him....

Back