• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Good to finally have a player who can score with a deflected effort. I think I have seen us scoring about a handful of those in my lifetime. But Dempsey seems to have the knack for it ;)

Clint is obviously part of the team plans, long term I think Dempsey/Ade or Dempsey/JD will be our options more than Ade/JD.

He's played quite a bit for us, and is improving each game, good to see.

I expect he will start the FA Cup game.

Good to finally have a player who can score with a deflected effort. I think I have seen us scoring about a handful of those in my lifetime. But Dempsey seems to have the knack for it ;)

Those always help, that said, looking at today's game, we have more players that shoot from distance (Dempsey, JD, Sandro, Naughton, Parker, Siggy, Dembele all had a go today from outside box).

Those always help, that said, looking at today's game, we have more players that shoot from distance (Dempsey, JD, Sandro, Naughton, Parker, Siggy, Dembele all had a go today from outside box).

More than usual alright. Maybe they were under instruction to try a few speculative ones today.

This is my Dempsey perspective:

In a team with only one free spot (Adebayor's slot) considering the coach is too inflexible to ever try anything different considering the players there are so established and/or he's afraid of moving, I hope he's sold.. the sooner the better.

You really have no idea what you're on about. :lol:

More than usual alright. Maybe they were under instruction to try a few speculative ones today.

Probably. Advised to shoot at long range on the basis that we could have found it difficult to beat their ten man defence. I think it's a solid tactic and as has said before, if a player shoots there's always the chance of a deflection goal, like Dempsey's strike, or a rebound, if the original shot doesn't find the net. Better trying that if no other options are presented

Probably. Advised to shoot at long range on the basis that we could have found it difficult to beat their ten man defence. I think it's a solid tactic and as has said before, if a player shoots there's always the chance of a deflection goal, like Dempsey's strike, or a rebound, if the original shot doesn't find the net. Better trying that if no other options are presented

I agree, it's a decent way to do it. That along with crosses. Also with long shots at least there's not as much chance of a good counter attack, unlike when you just pass it around until you lose the ball to a tackle or interception.

Thought we did well today to get our long shots in from fairly close to the box, some previous games we've been shooting from a bit further out. Could just be that Reading aren't very good.

Deserves a spot ahead of Ade on merit right now. Showing he has much more to his game than just poaching tap ins

So play him with Defoe?

Worth noting that was a partnership that didn't end up as more than the sum of it's parts earlier in the season.

So play him with Defoe?

Worth noting that was a partnership that didn't end up as more than the sum of it's parts earlier in the season.

Yes I would they have seemed to be linking up well recently, Dempsey was off form beginning of season probably due to his lack of match fitness

Yes I would they have seemed to be linking up well recently, Dempsey was off form beginning of season probably due to his lack of match fitness

I agree - they were linking up better as Dempsey was finding his feet. Then Ade tuirned up and proceeded to play like brick and not show any effort (I know some disagree) but trust me I wasnt even a fan of Dempsey but credit where credits due he has played well and deserves to play.

Dempsey is a good player and what he brings primarily is

- Strong effective work ethic (willingness to help out the midfield is only useful if you can play like a midfielder to some extent)
- He attacks the box, this is what we have been missing for years, someone to pick up the rebound, deflected cross, etc. (think he will pick up a lot of goals poaching)

Said it before, likely to be Dempsey +1 as our striker lineup

He took so much stick earlier this season. Has anyone changed their opinion on him yet or is he still the invisible man to some?

He took so much stick earlier this season. Has anyone changed their opinion on him yet or is he still the invisible man to some?

he was never the invisible man to me , he's doing better than expected though but in general him providing an added prescense in the box and contribute with some goals is all i was expecting.

he's surprised me though with a couple of his key passes in opposition territory but i still dont believe that is what he is about or that he is even consistently any good at it.

but there was a stage in the season whn i thought he was worse than i initially hoped for...now i think he is doing better than i initially hoped for

The people that gave him brick wont change their opinion, fudge me there are some that dont want Sneijder lol. There's still some that love Harry so much that AVB is still terrible. Dempsey for the money we spent and for what he has done so far is a bloody steal.

Back