• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Dempsey is a 1 in 3 man for club and country

He's currently 1 in 4 for Spurs, which isn't helping his visibility

If he bags a few more goals, I'll buy his shirt

Dempsey for the money we spent and for what he has done so far is a bloody steal.

Agreed. Throw in the increased exposure of the team in the US and his transfer will pay for itself through shirt sales alone.

IMO Dempsey is one of those players that if you look at him through a microscope, he's not that great of a player individually. But if you look at the whole team with him in it, there's where you see his value. He's decent cover for Bale and Lennon, he's scoring goals, he's works hard for 90 mins and he has a big game mentality too. He may not be the most technically gifted player, but his effort, versatility and desire make him a very valuable squad addition.

Deserves a spot ahead of Ade on merit right now. Showing he has much more to his game than just poaching tap ins

What's Defoe done so much better than Ade in recent games?

I'd rank them

Dempsey
Ade
Defoe

right now. If Ade goes to Africa the problem takes care of itself for a while though.

What's Defoe done so much better than Ade in recent games?

I'd rank them

Dempsey
Ade
Defoe

right now. If Ade goes to Africa the problem takes care of itself for a while though.

Sig has become the invisible man?

He's been linking up well with Defoe whenever he's come on..

Sig is a midfielder for me, while these are attackers/forwards, though the difference might not always be the greatest.

The people that gave him brick wont change their opinion, fudge me there are some that dont want Sneijder lol. There's still some that love Harry so much that AVB is still terrible. Dempsey for the money we spent and for what he has done so far is a bloody steal.

Have to say that I was definitely grumbling and muttering less than complimentary things about Dempsey earlier in the season. I was happy enough when he originally signed, if not exactly ecstatic. I reckoned that his signing would bring to the squad a type of player that it had hitherto lacked. But his form was horrible at the beginning of the season. Could barely find a white shirt to save his life and persistently slowed down counter attacks by dwelling too long on the ball and by passing / dribbling away from areas where we posed the most attacking threat. It was incredibly frustrating. At best, he appeared to be the wrong player for our team.

But I've been pleasantly surprised by his form over the past month or two. Much improved.

I think AVB deserves some credit, beginning of the season he was playing with his back to goal majority of time which is certainly not his strength. More recently he has been turning up in good positions and running at defenders, winning free kciks ,popping up with goals and classy through balls putting others in on goal.

Dempsey is a 1 in 3 man for club and country

He's currently 1 in 4 for Spurs, which isn't helping his visibility

If he bags a few more goals, I'll buy his shirt

fudge mate, give the guy a few months before you compare his overall record with his record at a new club that he hasn't established his place yet in.

I think he will pleasantly surprise a few people

I'm a massive, massive fan of Clint, and always want him in the team, fitness and usual rotation permitting of course.

He score goals, makes goals and he's a fighter with attitude, love him just like VDV.

I've always liked Dempsey, partly because he's American but in all honesty, the nationality thing doesn't matter at all to me in terms of who I think should be playing.

It's funny to read this thread over from the beginning:
Broad enthusiasm for him followed by frustration after he started playing, with the "panic buy" naysayers growing louder after a few weak performances. Fans warm a bit after he scores the winner at OT, but a few more poor performances bring out the naysayers again and he's derided. Many posters express buyer's remorse and lament the fact that our "transfer coup" was really "transfer poo".
After finally having a good game, (almost) everyone can't stop sucking his balls.

Don't get me wrong, I was frustrated after watching him at times early in the season, but I'm just glad that his performances have gone back to his standard and who knows, maybe he can get even better (as his goal tally at Fulham suggests).

fudge mate, give the guy a few months before you compare his overall record with his record at a new club that he hasn't established his place yet in.

I think he will pleasantly surprise a few people

First Season Strikers

RVP - P21 - 16 goals
Jelavic - P13 - 9 goals
Demba Ba - P12 - 7 goals
Lukaku - P19 - 7 goals
Michu - P20 - 13 goals
Dempsey - P16 - 4 goals

Needs to pull his finger out

For all the complaints about Ade, Dempsey, Lennon not scoring enough. We have scored 39 goals in 21 matches. Only Man U (54), Emirates Marketing Project (41) and Arsenal (40) have scored more.

I don't see the big problem.

For all the complaints about Ade, Dempsey, Lennon not scoring enough. We have scored 39 goals in 21 matches. Only Man U (54), Emirates Marketing Project (41) and Arsenal (40) have scored more.

I don't see the big problem.

We scored 25% of them in the last 3 games!

First Season Strikers

RVP - P21 - 16 goals
Jelavic - P13 - 9 goals
Demba Ba - P12 - 7 goals
Lukaku - P19 - 7 goals
Michu - P20 - 13 goals
Dempsey - P16 - 4 goals

Needs to pull his finger out

heh..all the guys you mention are first choice strikers for their respective teams...and yes i include michu in that...though he is the closest thing we have to compare to dempsey...

Top 5 scorers:

Man U: RVP (16), Hernandez (8 ), Rooney (7), Evra (4), Evans (3)
Man C: Dzeko (9), Aguero (8 ), Tevez (7), Yaya (4), Zabaleta/Garcia/Milner (2)
Spurs: Defoe (10), Bale (9), Dempsey (4), Lennon (3), Ade/Caulker (2)
Chelsea: Mata (7), Torres (7), Lampard (6), Hazard (4), Ivanovic (4)
Everton: Fellaini (8 ), Jelavic (6), Pienaar (4), Anichebe (4), Baines/Naismith/Osman (3)
Arsenal: Walcott (8 ), Cazorla (7), Podolski (6), Giroud (6), Arteta (4)

Are you serious?

Yes. Are you?

These are goal statistics for forward players, in their FIRST season at a new club.

I've been fair and not just listed world class strikers.

I've included Ba at West Ham, Lukaku at West Brom, Michu at Swansea. Comparable to a player of Dempsey's high standards.

Let's hope that Dempsey can cement his place in front of Adebayor over the next few weeks.

He has the potential to score 20 a season.

Back