• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

That is what surprises me. He has regressed badly in that position. I can only see this guy being good if we play more than two forwards and he plays the support role. He is not good on the wing (unless narrow), he is no longer good in CM.

Not sure how that works though with Son, Bergwijn and now Gil, as well as Moura

If someone could be found to give us £30m - £40m for Dele, I'd take it and buy a decent midfielder who fitted our formation

Gday all. Been following site for years but first comment here.
Re Dele. Have to say i think hes done and we should try and sell him. Been poor for at least 3 seasons. It seems teams have found him out. Hes slow and loses posession a lot. I just dont see what he gives us.
Hes had plenty of chances now. Its time to face facts the Dele of old is just a nice memory.

....which means playing 4-2-3-1, however Dele isn't good enough to pick a formation solely because it benefits him

I'd prefer to sell him and use the money on someone who suits the formation which the manager wants to play

Think most people probably know this now so the only teams who would want him would be the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 20m max.

If thats the case then fine....take the money. Trying to fit a round peg into a square hole doesnt make sense

That is how i see it at this time and it is not working, i honestly do not see how his skills ( and he does have them) fit into our team and the players we have. Said it before i am not sure what he would be worth to other clubs but if it carries on like it is for another season he will be worth less in the market.

Didn't watch the game but didn't he hit the woodwork twice?

The first miss was really bad, second was a result of really good movement from him, got into right place and could only hit the bar.

Really frustrating to watch, not just because of when he fudges up, he's working as hard as he can, but it's just off right now, that game could easily have been 3 or 4 nil with Dele the hero, instead it's 1-0 with memories of him losing the ball, hitting the post, one great nutmeg, some defensive work but no way you start him over Lo Celso (who did make an impact) in a game that matters right now.

Think most people probably know this now so the only teams who would want him would be the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 20m max.

And his wages would be an issue. I think we need to accept he is here this season. He does have qualities and links up well with Son and Moura. He just needs too many opportunities. The question is, can he re-learn his position, and reinvent himself? Why not? His movement is top-notch. His intent is also fantastic. Some might call it vision. The problem is half the time he can't carry out what he has seen. When it does come off, it can be spectacular. That is why he needs so many opportunities. But I don't see why he can't reinvent himself as a midfielder. It will take time, but he has the determination and skill.

It's a bad miss. But good movement as you said. I think the fact he is getting in those positions is encouraging tbh

And his wages would be an issue. I think we need to accept he is here this season. He does have qualities and links up well with Son and Moura. He just needs too many opportunities. The question is, can he re-learn his position, and reinvent himself? Why not? His movement is top-notch. His intent is also fantastic. Some might call it vision. The problem is half the time he can't carry out what he has seen. When it does come off, it can be spectacular. That is why he needs so many opportunities. But I don't see why he can't reinvent himself as a midfielder. It will take time, but he has the determination and skill.

The problem there is can we carry him? (this is the big issue with Dele)

- He needs game time to either rediscover or re-invent, but how with us?
- The Pl was 5 points between 4th and 7th, we can't carry a midfielder to play him back into form
- Dele actually isn't that effective against lower level opponents (Lucas as comparison with his directness will tear it up against sub par opposition), hence he's not particularly helpful to us there.

I'd say we use him until full squad is back, if he hasn't found some form by then, maybe a loan could be an option?

We don't have enough quality in the first eleven for a luxury player.
Dele has had a decent run of games after mourinho left so his time is running down. Lo Celso and Hojberg have upped their level in the internationals and Bergwjin is improving and showing effectiveness in pre season.

Dele Alli is the English Balotelli.

Happy that Paratici is here so won't be caught up with any type of of fan boy sentimentality, and he will have experience or knowledge with the enigmatic Balotelli in Italy so we should be in safe hands. My guess is that we showcase his talent and ship him off to the highest bidder at the right time.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I thought he did OK.

Good movement, he’s always available to receive the ball which helps the other players.

However I’ve always felt his finishing is poor. Had he scored a couple of goals today I’d guess opinions would be different…if he starts putting chances away consistently then he could still have value in the team. Missing chances (not just today) is his biggest weakness imo.

Back