• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I thought he did OK.

Good movement, he’s always available to receive the ball which helps the other players.

However I’ve always felt his finishing is poor. Had he scored a couple of goals today I’d guess opinions would be different…if he starts putting chances away consistently then he could still have value in the team. Missing chances (not just today) is his biggest weakness imo.

Yep, old Dele would often miss sitters then score the difficult one (theme about concentration there?)

But it wasn't just finishing, his game is just horribly inconsistent, great effort, but his passing, shooting, tackling is all a mix, some great stuff, then some dross.

I thought he did OK.

Good movement, he’s always available to receive the ball which helps the other players.

However I’ve always felt his finishing is poor. Had he scored a couple of goals today I’d guess opinions would be different…if he starts putting chances away consistently then he could still have value in the team. Missing chances (not just today) is his biggest weakness imo.

watch how skipp pings the ball with certainty and pace. the intent is so clear. get the feeling something is going to start with his pass. Skipp over Dele for me.

Watching that, I like how he immediately comes alive as soon as Son gets the ball. Excellent movement in the box.

Bergwijn wasn’t sure what to do or where to go but his run did open up the space that Dele ran into

Watching that, I like how he immediately comes alive as soon as Son gets the ball. Excellent movement in the box.

Bergwijn wasn’t sure what to do or where to go but his run did open up the space that Dele ran into

that movement is very difficult to teach/is rare. That's why I would 100% keep Ali.

I do not disagree to be honest, but as i have been saying for a while i really do not see where he fits in the side. I hope he proves me and others wrong but he needs to show it on a regular basis.

He busted a nut today particularly second half. Was very encouraging. I think if he can put in this sort of effort on a regular basis, he can get back to his best. I guess the problem will be that he'll still need to adapt his game a bit.

He busted a nut today particularly second half. Was very encouraging. I think if he can put in this sort of effort on a regular basis, he can get back to his best. I guess the problem will be that he'll still need to adapt his game a bit.

I think the biggest thing is WE need to adapt OUR perception of who he is. He is quite clearly playing different type of game to that of 3-4 years ago. BTW he still popped up in the box between defenders a couple of times and a better ball in would've seen him with a clear chance.

Back