• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Would it be reasonable to think Dele and Son could do a job if Kane leaves, providing that we get suitable attacking players to supplement our attack with 2/3 immense players?

Would it be reasonable to think Dele and Son could do a job if Kane leaves, providing that we get suitable attacking players to supplement our attack with 2/3 immense players?
I’m not sure Son will double his numbers which are already decent. If we lose Kane I think we need another 20 goal a season number 9, plus a RWF who can contribute 15 assists. Another 10 goals from Dele in midfield would then hopefully be the gains we need to make for top 4.

The year we came 2nd Kane got 29 prem goals, Dele got 18, Son 14 and Eriksen 8. So even if Son and Dele have good returns next season we still need someone else to get 20 and another attacker to chip in. I’ve always felt that the right hand sided attacker should contribute more, so Kane’s replacement numbers wide could come from an upgrade there, a replacement number 9 and Dele returning to his peak.

I’m not sure Son will double his numbers which are already decent. If we lose Kane I think we need another 20 goal a season number 9, plus a RWF who can contribute 15 assists. Another 10 goals from Dele in midfield would then hopefully be the gains we need to make for top 4.

The year we came 2nd Kane got 29 prem goals, Dele got 18, Son 14 and Eriksen 8. So even if Son and Dele have good returns next season we still need someone else to get 20 and another attacker to chip in. I’ve always felt that the right hand sided attacker should contribute more, so Kane’s replacement numbers wide could come from an upgrade there, a replacement number 9 and Dele returning to his peak.
Leon Bailey could be a good shout (though still has to improve his goal return). Otherwise as I’ve said many times on here that Pereira from WBA would also be a great signing for Spurs.

Son looks like he can almost carry the CF role now (a few years ago I would have said hard no)

Think people are getting carried away with Dele right now, he's trying (no lack of effort) but so much still off, the usual turnovers and bad passes are there but so is the poor decision making and finishing (he really should have had a couple more or assisted against MK), two years of rust? the lack of a clear role/position still remains ( we don't play him as man running beyond Kane)

Looks like we are going to give him a chance (one of the few players it does look like we are actively selling), but he needs to get a lot sharper to stay in the side.

Son looks like he can almost carry the CF role now (a few years ago I would have said hard no)

Think people are getting carried away with Dele right now, he's trying (no lack of effort) but so much still off, the usual turnovers and bad passes are there but so is the poor decision making and finishing (he really should have had a couple more or assisted against MK), two years of rust? the lack of a clear role/position still remains ( we don't play him as man running beyond Kane)

Looks like we are going to give him a chance (one of the few players it does look like we are actively selling), but he needs to get a lot sharper to stay in the side.

His passing was excellent (albeit fair comment, this is pre-season and it was MK). When you play with his vision, you take risks, and as long as those risks are higher up the pitch, then that's why you have the Hojbergs and Skipps to help win back possession quickly. I think it is clear he fluffed a sitter at the end, but not sure how many assists you want, the bloke played three sublime in the channel sliders and with better finishing/VAR would've ended the night with a hat-trick of assists. As for role, I think we're seeing Nuno wanting him to play from a deeper position due to his unique vision. Two years of rust could apply to most of the players; remember, they were effectively deprived of a vital element of their training - fitness. We are only just seeing it returning.

His passing was excellent (albeit fair comment, this is pre-season and it was MK). When you play with his vision, you take risks, and as long as those risks are higher up the pitch, then that's why you have the Hojbergs and Skipps to help win back possession quickly. I think it is clear he fluffed a sitter at the end, but not sure how many assists you want, the bloke played three sublime in the channel sliders and with better finishing/VAR would've ended the night with a hat-trick of assists. As for role, I think we're seeing Nuno wanting him to play from a deeper position due to his unique vision. Two years of rust could apply to most of the players; remember, they were effectively deprived of a vital element of their training - fitness. We are only just seeing it returning.

Not having a go at him Steff, just saying it's clear he's still "off" somethings aren't coming off for him, he knows what he wants to do, but isn't executing right.

Hopefully game time will change that, but there is that vicious circle of rust, game time, confidence he has to break out of.

Not having a go at him Steff, just saying it's clear he's still "off" somethings aren't coming off for him, he knows what he wants to do, but isn't executing right.

Hopefully game time will change that, but there is that vicious circle of rust, game time, confidence he has to break out of.
Us fans also have as much responsibility as the manager not to get on his back during that time if we are ever going to see the best out of him again (at least for the first 2 matches, then all bets are off;):D )

Us fans also have as much responsibility as the manager not to get on his back during that time if we are ever going to see the best out of him again (at least for the first 2 matches, then all bets are off;):D )

Mate, I'll bitch about a players performance here, I'm not one to slag off players at a game (helps no one).

Again, it's opinion -> does Dele have the potential to be that difference maker? = yes, is he going to get back there = I don't know

Mate, I'll bitch about a players performance here, I'm not one to slag off players at a game (helps no one).

Again, it's opinion -> does Dele have the potential to be that difference maker? = yes, is he going to get back there = I don't know
Was referring to being at a game, if he's bored and stupid enough to come on here then that his own fault

A tighter defence would help loads

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think a major issue is whether he can adapt to the quality we do/don't play each week. His vision is excellent and his movement intelligent. Without Eriksen he has certainly suffered. I expect his (to my eyes) progressive re-emergence to continue and dovetail with the return of players like Kane. When he plays with players who don't move/see things as quickly, it is an issue.

BTW I think you're seeing the emergence from rust, etc, it is also worth remembering he has largely operated in roles different to the one we saw him having his most success with.

Execution and rustiness will also most likely improve with set attacking playing patterns that have already been apparent in pre season games so far, something very much lacking under Jose.

First two games are in August? We need someone to score goals in August.

Enigmatic player. Might not be worth the hassle, it's, been two years of time and money wasted. No more patience for Dele.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I do think that he has been poor for a couple of years so far. Not sure we/he will ever see the performances that we saw when he first came here but i am happy to give him a bit more time to see if he can. However IF we get a decent offer for him i will not be sad to see us take it.

Back