• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

So, has his evolution into a Gerrard-esque central midfielder been permanently put on hold now? He's clearly modelling his game on Lampard, not Gerrard - and he's getting increasingly bloody good at doing it, too, after an uncertain, meandering start to the season.

Last season showed me this young man will become a special player for us, 10 league goals in his first season spoke volumes. Halfway into this season and he already has 8 league goals so that is 18 league goals in 51 appearances. When you consider that figure includes a few substitute appearances you have to admit that is really impressive, especially when you consider in Frank Lampard's first 3 seasons at West Ham it took 84 appearances to score 10 league goals while in his first 3 seasons at Chelsea he scored 21 league goals in 113 matches for Chelsea

Last edited:
Last season showed me this young man will become a special player for us, 10 league goals in his first season spoke volumes and showed me this young man will become a very special player for us. Halfway into the season and he already has 8 league goals. So that is 18 league goals in 51 appearances. When you consider that figure includes a few substitute appearances you have to admit that is really impressive, especially when you consider in Frank Lampard's first 3 seasons at West Ham it took 84 appearances to score 10 league goals while in his first 3 seasons at Chelsea he scored 21 league goals in 113 matches for Chelsea
Perpective.

He can be whatever he wants to be

Doesn't hurt improving his finishing and his conversion ratio, whilst also sorting out some aspects of his temperament

He looks now to me like he is carrying an injury which he certainly has been and that's helped a lot

I don't see him being like lampard or Gerard... he is more his own player a stage game has evolved since they retired

Gerard would play in the 2 now whereas lampard wouldn't necessarily work in the 3 behind a striker (and Lampard was class)

I read with great interest the criticisms he was getting earlier. There was never context to them, as his game was stifled by not having any one (or two) of Kane, Lamela with him PLUS he was repeatedly looking to prompt us into action despite struggling for help from others. Despite that, he has been getting into great positions all season, far better than last even, and it was only a matter of time before he started to put them away. The boy is special, and I think he will continue to grow and mature into one of the leading midfielders in world football. He moves with the smoothness of Hoddle yet has the engine of Gerrard with the instincts of Lampard and the guile of Maradona. He is, honestly, the most complete midfielder player I have seen for us since Gazza and I think he will be better.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I read with great interest the criticisms he was getting earlier. There was never context to them, as his game was stifled by not having any one (or two) of Kane, Lamela with him PLUS he was repeatedly looking to prompt us into action despite struggling for help from others. Despite that, he has been getting into great positions all season, far better than last even, and it was only a matter of time before he started to put them away. The boy is special, and I think he will continue to grow and mature into one of the leading midfielders in world football. He moves with the smoothness of Hoddle yet has the engine of Gerrard with the instincts of Lampard and the guile of Maradona. He is, honestly, the most complete midfielder player I have seen for us since Gazza and I think he will be better.

9cc9eba9d36c318cf8fcf9874fba696e.jpg

So, has his evolution into a Gerrard-esque central midfielder been permanently put on hold now? He's clearly modelling his game on Lampard, not Gerrard - and he's getting increasingly bloody good at doing it, too, after an uncertain, meandering start to the season.

Yep, his right-time-right-place timing and positioning is very reminiscent of Lampard, not to mention his finishing. No mean feat.

Dare I say he has a little more natural athletic ability than Frank, and gets a little more involved in build up play.

His innate ability in regard to timing is the biggie though; you see so many athletes but it's his vision that will set him apart.

As Glenn would say, the boy sees a picture.

I made him our mom.
I was particularly impressed with the two left footed touches for the second goal. First time I have seen him do that, I as a totally right footer would have gone to control it with the outside of my right foot and risked bringing the ball into the defender's realm.
If he continues to improve his left side, he will indeed reach the complete plane.

Until recently he has looked leggy and tired and he has also had some really poor touches and tried to over complicate things

Lately he has played simple football and actually and less touches (least if our team at watford). He is also running more and looks refreshed

Its no coincidence that he looks the same player we had last season now he is properly fit again and confident

Until recently he has looked leggy and tired and he has also had some really poor touches and tried to over complicate things

Lately he has played simple football and actually and less touches (least if our team at watford). He is also running more and looks refreshed

Its no coincidence that he looks the same player we had last season now he is properly fit again and confident

It is no coincidence that when Kane is playing and back to form, and when others are stepping up, his game also jmproves even more. Think back to how many times the bloke hit woodwork/missed great opportunities. His movement has been excellent, his finishing and composure? Not always...

High praise indeed ! I sincerely hope you are right but I also recall the hopes you had for Bentaleb as well ......

Surprise surprise.

Mirror: Real Madrid are considering a stunning summer swoop for Tottenham and England midfielder Dele Alli.

Look at the positives... IF there was any truth to this then we will likely move into the new stadium debt free.

And the negatives:

Once again appear to be a selling club. A platform for players, rather than the final clubs.
Selling one of our best midfielders, since Bale, certainly in terms of impact made.
Being Real Madrid's bitch once more
Likely wasting the received funds; like we did when we sold Bale

Best to look at 2 sides of the coin.

And the negatives:

Once again appear to be a selling club. A platform for players, rather than the final clubs.
Selling one of our best midfielders, since Bale, certainly in terms of impact made.
Being Real Madrid's bitch once more
Likely wasting the received funds; like we did when we sold Bale

Best to look at 2 sides of the coin.

... I was joking but yes, it would obviously be very negative.

I'll get worried when the papers unearth a picture of Alli wearing a Madrid shirt as a child.

High praise indeed ! I sincerely hope you are right but I also recall the hopes you had for Bentaleb as well ......
Bentaleb's problem wasn't ever a lack of ability, potential our talent.

I think at this point high praise for Alli is spot on. If he'll push on from here to the heights Steff is talking about only time will tell really.

Back