• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

The core team value cannot be sniffed at. This is the first time I can remember having a fully balanced team with all players working fit each other.

Of course players of this calibre will be linked to the richer clubs. I just hope the excitement of playing at the new stadium and poch can keep the team together.

Wages are a big factor also. You would assume the wage structure will be altered after a few years at the new stadium, it's just a question of whether some players will be patient enough for that to materialise.

Wages are a big factor also. You would assume the wage structure will be altered after a few years at the new stadium, it's just a question of whether some players will be patient enough for that to materialise.

I think the core of our players look at what we are doing and want to be part of it. Numerous times I've heard various players talk about our plans with a twinkle in their eye. I'm not even naive in thinKing ask the players love spurs.

I think the players respect and play for poch and it coincides beautifully with our development.

Wages may be a problem but I can't see levy just rocking up and upping them massively.

I've pondered on a bonus-sharing scheme being in place that incorporates the new stadium attendances - maybe even including bits of NFL and music events.

One way of buying/reinforcing loyalty.

Note Dele-specific, so maybe another thread out there on signing policy ?

How do you prove a player dived and that the contact didn't cause him to fall??

Video evidence should be used for things that are 100% clear otherwise it's guesswork

And on the subject of top players not doing both I can point to Luis Suarez who used to go down lie he was shot, would bite a player due the same game and then score a wonder goal
Its still something that would be down to opinion but I think its pretty obvious when you look at a replay whether someone has dived or intentionally put their leg onto someone else's to buy the foul - you could easily have a panel who judge this to be the case and subsequently ban players for doing so and cut it out.

There are top players who do cheat like Suarez, but Id suggest there are a hell of a lot more top players who don't than do - Id rather ours played within the 'spirit' of the game personally, but each to their own.....

I think the core of our players look at what we are doing and want to be part of it. Numerous times I've heard various players talk about our plans with a twinkle in their eye. I'm not even naive in thinKing ask the players love spurs.

I think the players respect and play for poch and it coincides beautifully with our development.

Wages may be a problem but I can't see levy just rocking up and upping them massively.

I don't doubt most of them are committed to the club for the next 3-5 years but there will always be some who are motivated by money and don't really care that we're moving into a new stadium.

The increase in revenue from the new stadium will mean we can afford to alter the wage structure. I'm not saying we will start paying everyone £100K+ a week but don't be surprised to see the top players i.e. Kane, Lloris, Alderweireld getting improved contracts. The goal posts have moved with the increased tv revenue meaning even midtable clubs can pay far more than they used to be able to. Levy will recognise this IMO.

I don't doubt most of them are committed to the club for the next 3-5 years but there will always be some who are motivated by money and don't really care that we're moving into a new stadium.

The increase in revenue from the new stadium will mean we can afford to alter the wage structure. I'm not saying we will start paying everyone £100K+ a week but don't be surprised to see the top players i.e. Kane, Lloris, Alderweireld getting improved contracts. The goal posts have moved with the increased tv revenue meaning even midtable clubs can pay far more than they used to be able to. Levy will recognise this IMO.
Levy likes wages to be a certain % of income, so they will rise in line with that

Levy likes wages to be a certain % of income, so they will rise in line with that

Most likely already has gone up with all the new contracts signed recently? Or at least gone up again after there potentially being a drop for a bit there as we cleared out some rather highly paid deadwood and relied on cheaper younger players for a bit.

So Diego Costa has gone 9 games without a booking. Maybe a very small sample of games but possible that players like him don't actually need to be a complete dingdonghead in order to play well and score goals like some suggest Alli and Rooney need to.

Thought this was a bit funny and has something in it...

Kid: "Grandpa, did you win any titles when you were a footballer?"
Dele Alli: "No, lad, but I did successfully execute 1281 career nutmegs"
He wouldn't have to do so many if he could use his left foot to go around the defender.
He really has to put in the hard hours, which he should have done as a kid or teenager.
He is young enough but has fame gone to his head and now he is too big for his boots to learn the basics?

He wouldn't have to do so many if he could use his left foot to go around the defender.
He really has to put in the hard hours, which he should have done as a kid or teenager.
He is young enough but has fame gone to his head and now he is too big for his boots to learn the basics?

Ah-hem. This is only his second season in the Premier League and he stopped being a teenager on April 11 this year. And while his form hasn't been what we saw last year I think it's a tad early to be so harsh.

Thought this was a bit funny and has something in it...

Kid: "Grandpa, did you win any titles when you were a footballer?"
Dele Alli: "No, lad, but I did successfully execute 1281 career nutmegs"

And i have a video of everyone of them in my trophy cabinet with the dust.

Back