• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

He wouldn't have to do so many if he could use his left foot to go around the defender.
He really has to put in the hard hours, which he should have done as a kid or teenager.
He is young enough but has fame gone to his head and now he is too big for his boots to learn the basics?
Are you being serious? He IS a kid and only JUST stopped being a teenager. 'Has fame gone to his head?' You know, I'll do you the courtesy of a genuine response. No. It hasn't. I hope the guy continues to nutmeg players and try to sparkle. As for the 'hard hours' if you seriously believe anyone in Poch's squad is NOT putting in hard hours, you don't know this manager or his squad.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Are you being serious? He IS a kid and only JUST stopped being a teenager. 'Has fame gone to his head?' You know, I'll do you the courtesy of a genuine response. No. It hasn't. I hope the guy continues to nutmeg players and try to sparkle. As for the 'hard hours' if you seriously believe anyone in Poch's squad is NOT putting in hard hours, you don't know this manager or his squad.

He is the heir to Frank Lampard but with better hair. That guy got so many points for Chelsea over the years, and Dele will get us so many points over the next few seasons. I also like his nasty side.

I fully expected him to struggle at times this season as he was going to be targeted more not only by people trying to wind him up, but teams in general just dedicating more resources to nulify him. I would however like him to cut out SOME of the nutmegs and focus on getting the basics right.

No problem with him doing it when he's playing well and confidently, not so much when he and the team as a whole is going through a sticky patch.

He played a blinder today. I sometimes think Poch needs to rest him now and again. Alli needs to be able to give his all. When he does he's the dogs pods.

Wow VDV was sensational.

Attachments

• skysports-dele-alli-tottenham-england_3860534.jpg
    skysports-dele-alli-tottenham-england_3860534.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 14
And Rafa was our penalty taker at the time iirc. How many of his goals were pens?

And he also took free kicks and corners - how many of his goals and assists came from dead ball takes?

My point is, has Deli more goals and assists from open play than Rafa? In which case, his feat is even more remarkable.

Still don't think he's hit anything close to top form and his overall play still needs a lot of work but can't argue with 6 goals from midfield before the halfway mark.

Yep, and time is on his side to improve the technical skills, decision making, whatever.

What seems to be innate is his sense of timing and positioning. Much like Lampard he's all about right time, right place and that is an invaluable skill.

I guess you'd call it a football brain. Instinctive.

I can't think of many midfielders who have had a similar goal + assist output at his age. Not even this fat 20 year old who ended up becoming one of the best midfielders in the world

CjPAgkRW0AUd86Q.jpg
\

He seems to be playing a bit further forward this season, which means he's not influencing the games as much as he was when he first broke into the side last year but on the flipside he's getting more goalscoring chances.

Key for him now is to continue working on his technique and decision making. The nutmegs won't work any more as people will have got wise to that sorta stuff and his runs will be better tracked by the opposition. Long way from being the finished article but when you hear people tossing over Harry Winks because he's played a few nice passes but then slag off Ali who is actually younger than him it really makes me laugh. We are very lucky to have him.

Back