• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Seems he has been the cause of some upset and I expect there is stuff on RAWK the newspapers couldn't print.

... but also some more balanced praise ...

They've been going on about him all season on RAWK. I do think they're rewriting history abit to make it look like they could have had him any time they wanted, but turned him down. After all, who wouldn't jump at the chance to join Liverpool?

F-ing GREAT goal - and what a great time to score it!:)

This guy is class.

Another two years in the PL perfoming at this level and i would call him World Class.

And still a teenager as well:eek:

Great goal. His chest control was sublime - best since Berbatov ;)

Seems to have a great attitude mixed with great skill and all the physical attributes needed. Perfect fit under Pochettino too...

They've been going on about him all season on RAWK. I do think they're rewriting history abit to make it look like they could have had him any time they wanted, but turned him down. After all, who wouldn't jump at the chance to join Liverpool?

Been widely reported that he grew up as a Liverpool fan. Doesn't seem unlikely that he would have picked them over us. Though some of their recent results with their high (and not so high) profile youth purchases under Rodgers had been rather poor, and we were getting a real reputation for developing players might have swayed him to join us. Difficult to tell. That it was a mistake in hindsight for them not to try signing him seems clear.

From what I know Spurs were the club that Alli wanted to join. While Alli was indeed a Liverpool fan growing up, the player was most impressed by the vision of our manager along with our training facilities. Had Liverpool matched our bid then I think Alli would still have ended up at Spurs.

From what I know Spurs were the club that Alli wanted to join. While Alli was indeed a Liverpool fan growing up, the player was most impressed by the vision of our manager along with our training facilities. Had Liverpool matched our bid then I think Alli would still have ended up at Spurs.

The point was more that Liverpool fans think they have dibs on every player in the world, which is why everyone they do sign is immediately labelled 'world class'.

The point was more that Liverpool fans think they have dibs on every player in the world, which is why everyone they do sign is immediately labelled 'world class'.
In this case though they seem to think that the player wanted to join them more than anyone else and this simply wasn't true.

Wasn't there an article on this recently, it suggested Liverpool were in for him but he and his advisors thought it would be a bad move for him at the time?

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/dele-alli-loan-spurs-season-not-if-i-can-help-it
Alli's decision to join Spurs was made only months after Liverpool had a £3.5 million bid accepted by MK Dons. Yet the 19-year-old, a lifelong supporter of the Reds, wasn't convinced it was sensible to leave Milton Keynes despite Brendan Rodgers’ history of nurturing young talent.

“At the time I didn’t feel it was the right move personally, and I wanted to stay at MK a bit longer to get some more first-team experience,” Alli admits. “I knew if I got more experience by the end of the season that I’d be ready to move.”

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...ason-not-if-i-can-help-it#SOwZTw336O1Gj5fW.99

Great goal. His chest control was sublime - best since Berbatov ;)

Seems to have a great attitude mixed with great skill and all the physical attributes needed. Perfect fit under Pochettino too...

Been widely reported that he grew up as a Liverpool fan. Doesn't seem unlikely that he would have picked them over us. Though some of their recent results with their high (and not so high) profile youth purchases under Rodgers had been rather poor, and we were getting a real reputation for developing players might have swayed him to join us. Difficult to tell. That it was a mistake in hindsight for them not to try signing him seems clear.

Would have been timed nicely with Gerrard moving (that's if they'd have given him as much game time).

Slightly worried about Alli, Kane and Dier are all looking likely to be dragged into the hype-hate cycle that is the English national team when an international tournament is coming up. Rarely seems to do those players any good. Go to a tournament being hyped up beyond belief, and being trusted way more than their age and experience warrants. Almost like clockwork the results and performance ends up being a disappointment and the media (and fans of other teams) get on their backs and they end up feeling like they let their country down. Despite the fact that it's the lack of more experience talent that let the country down...

Would have much rather seen Sterling, Barkley etc suffer that fate...

As long as I can remember the England team has always been overhyped before the major tournaments and there is nothing new this time, its up to fans to see through the flimflam and not get carried away by what they read/hear in the media etc.

Back