• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Not until we have given Spence a real chance.

Depends. Does Conte see Spence as a realistic first choice player next season? Does he see Royal as a first choice player for the medium to long term?

If the answers to those are no there's room for another RWB signing imo. But has to be someone really good.

Conte will want ready made first teamers aged 25+

He's an Italian and thinks anyone under 27 is a kid

He won't want to wait 3 years for a kid to come good

We may not agree with him, but he wants immediate impact

I too am sick of waiting 3 years for players like Sessegnon to grow, given a choice I would like us to sign players that can make an impact right now

Contrary to belief, they do exist and can be found for good prices if you look hard enough

That is the real job of the scouting team; anyone can see the big stars, but a scout should find the right player

I too am sick of waiting 3 years for players like Sessegnon to grow, given a choice I would like us to sign players that can make an impact right now

Contrary to belief, they do exist and can be found for good prices if you look hard enough

That is the real job of the scouting team; anyone can see the big stars, but a scout should find the right player

I think we're finding a decent balance, some younger players more with the long term future of the club in mind, some more experienced.

Dumt examples of players that are younger doing well too, both here and previously for Conte. Kulusevski in particular here. But Sessegnon has gotten a lot of chances, Skipp was trusted before his injury and did well.

I don't think it has to be players 25 or older, but the first team/squad players must have the right attributes including mentally and as you say be pretty much ready made.

I'm still hoping that Spence will show himself to fall within that category at some point this season.

If you like at the likes of Romero, Bentancur, Kulu etc I think there's a middle ground

I dont see us signing full priced 28 year olds

Weren’t you bigging up Lamptey 6 months ago?

Yeah - I thought Lamptey and Bissouma would have been a perfect double deal for us.

There's not much between Livramento and Lamptey. Livramento is better though I think, and also has had one injury, whereas Lamptey has more worryingly recurring ones.

The EPL is different though. As much as his delivery is incredible, Perisic is clearly struggling with the pace of the league/hasn't made the big impact we'd all hoped. Son has arguably hit a wall now he's hit 30 (there's a good chance it's still a form thing, but we'll see).

I think 22-25 is probably our sweet spot - that's where we've gone for/had success with Kulusevski, Bentancur, Romero, Bissouma and Richarlison in the last 3 windows.

The EPL is different though. As much as his delivery is incredible, Perisic is clearly struggling with the pace of the league/hasn't made the big impact we'd all hoped. Son has arguably hit a wall now he's hit 30 (there's a good chance it's still a form thing, but we'll see).

I think 22-25 is probably our sweet spot - that's where we've gone for/had success with Kulusevski, Bentancur, Romero, Bissouma and Richarlison in the last 3 windows.

Perisic has 7 assists so far this season. That's not a bad return.

He's just about to return, and the window doesn't open till January.

I think his injury, combined with KWP's form, might just give us a unique chance to sign a player who'll quickly be at Reece James/TAA level.

He won't be the same player again based on the severity of the injuries he has had

He won't be the same player again based on the severity of the injuries he has had

That's not been the case with ACLs for more than 20 years. It clearly harmed the careers of Xavi and van Nistelrooy when they were in their early 20s, and countless others. I'm not sure anyone has returned from that injury with any detriment since the Gazza days really.

Some sites saying this is a done deal for £ 13 m. He is 29 and a bit left footed but hell he is Ukrainian so handy for a bit of PR and dare I say it maybe can take a better free kick than H

It’s why he wants Curasco
Plays rwb and right wing forward
And will be available after the World Cup

Some sites saying this is a done deal for £ 13 m. He is 29 and a bit left footed but hell he is Ukrainian so handy for a bit of PR and dare I say it maybe can take a better free kick than H

Does he ever do anything except shoot from 30 yards? Like occasionally pass?

Back