• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

I watched that game, I thought Yedlin did okay but his lack of match fitness showed for sure. He made a nice pass into the box that led to the assist for the US goal.

Just came off injured during the USA-Panama friendly. Went down from a challenge, walked off under his own power after lying on the pitch for a bit, but looked quite bad going down the tunnel. Haven't heard what exactly is wrong with him yet.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/u...linsmann-preaches-patience-as-usa-star-adapts

Where's Yedlin? Klinsmann preaches patience as USA star adapts to life at Tottenham

By Ives Galarcep

Mar 12, 2015 1:50:50 PM

The 21-year-old has yet to play for Tottenham, and sources tell Goal USA that an MCL injury has delayed his progression in the Premier League.

PHILADELPHIA — Where in the world is DeAndre Yedlin? That is a question more and more American soccer fans find themselves asking as we enter the third month of Yedlin’s time at English Premier League side Tottenham.

The U.S. national team speedster has yet to play for Tottenham since the January transfer and hasn’t even been a regular for the club’s Under-21 team, which is regularly used to find playing time for those who can’t break into the first team.

The initial reaction to this seeming disappearance is concern and angst among U.S. fans who have seen far too many young Americans make the jump to Europe only to see their careers stagnate.

Yedlin’s status isn’t nearly that foregone yet. He reached Tottenham in January but promptly joined the U.S. national team for friendlies against Chile and Panama, which offered him the opportunity for competitive matches but slowed down his transition to England considerably.

Sources have confirmed to Goal USA that
Yedlin suffered a severely sprained MCL during the Panama friendly on Feb. 8. The injury kept him from being able to train or play with Tottenham until recently, when he resumed training with the club’s first team.

U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann isn’t worried about Yedlin’s lack of playing time. He acknowledges that Yedlin does need games, but believes being in Tottenham’s environment and being brought along slowly can only serve to benefit the 21-year-old.

“Now DeAndre gets an introduction into a (Tottenham) roster of maybe 28-30 players, and only 18 can be considered for the weekend game. So he goes though that learning curve now,” Klinsmann said. “But his talent, his potential and his capabilities, he’s very important for the senior team already.

“He’s in the right spot because he needs to grow. He will grow eventually. Even if he’s not playing right now, he will grow. It's absolutely the right thing for him to do. It will take time.”

(My bold)

Don't think he will kick a ball for us this season unless the final game means nothing to us. Fully expect him to be playing in the cups next year though.

hes not a prem player. and never will be.

Yeah - he's looking like another Toda/Mabizela/Khumalo style "t-shirt signing"

Kyle Walker-Peters is supposed to be pretty special though, so perhaps we'll see him start featuring on the bench next season.

KWP isn't developed enough physically to cope with senior football yet, even playing against 18-21 year olds this is his main weakness. Yedlin can handle himself and he deserves a chance before being written off, I don't really see what Pochettino hopes to gain by playing centre backs at full back but now would be a good time to actually see what Yedlin can do.

Personally I think Poch is looking to ease him into the side. The Stoke game turned out not to be the game to do that in, but he will likely get time, though I think Dier will likely start at RB in these next two games.

My primary concern is that we will focus on Yedlin ahead of Fredericks who has had a decent year with Middlesborough. It would be just our luck to see Fredericks leave and progress into a top FB, whilst Yedlin struggles to adapt. From the little I have seen of Yedlin, I think he could do a job for us and everything I read points to him having a fantastic work ethic, but whether or not that will be enough to help him reach BPL level I don't know.

I am beginning to feel sorry for this guy, the amount of hype and pressure being put on this kid to solve all our FB, Pace problems is getting silly. He has never played in a major Lge and had a couple of GOOD games playing for his country, and yet they seems to be a lot of fans thinking he is the answer to our prayers.

I am beginning to feel sorry for this guy, the amount of hype and pressure being put on this kid to solve all our FB, Pace problems is getting silly. He has never played in a major Lge and had a couple of GOOD games playing for his country, and yet they seems to be a lot of fans thinking he is the answer to our prayers.

I think its a case of he can't be any worse than the rest rather than over hype.

I think its a case of he can't be any worse than the rest rather than over hype.

I think its a case of a lot of pressure being put on a young kid who has never played in the Prem and is along way from home, and as soon as he plays a couple of bad games he will be called brick.

Give the kid a chance to settle into a different country and type of football before we/some think he is going to be special.

I know he didn't play much in the world cup but when he did come on he looked good, he can't be that bad, can he...

Back