• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

DeAndre Yedlin

Did Yedlin come on and play at RB in a back four, a wide forward ahead of a back four or as a wing back in a 352??

Apparently the reason Yedlin hasn't featured, is that he has been absolutely dogshait in training.

Mate, unless that is from a decent source, not cool ...

Really don't understand the need to put down our own all the time.

Yedlin is quick, attacking and actually decent technically (look at some of his deliveries), truth is MLS pace of game is fudging slow, EPL is one of the (if not the) fastest leagues in the world, he's young, can/will adapt.

Seriously, the fudging kid is highly influential in USA beating Holland and the comments on here are "he's brick in training" and "Holland are pants nowadays"? really?

Must have missed all those games where England rolls over major European nations with regularity ...

Yedlin is quick, attacking and actually decent technically (look at some of his deliveries), truth is MLS pace of game is fudgeing slow, EPL is one of the (if not the) fastest leagues in the world, he's young, can/will adapt.

Seriously, the fudgeing kid is highly influential in USA beating Holland and the comments on here are "he's crud in training" and "Holland are pants nowadays"? really?

Must have missed all those games where England rolls over major European nations with regularity ...

i made that comment because Holland really are poor, nothing against Yedlin. I wasnt surprised the USA won

Holland are third in their euro qualifying group, way behind Iceland and Czech Republic

We'd have to sell about 50,000 shirts just to cover the transfer fee ...

Even if that is true, America is a large place full of sport wearing fans so I doubt it would be a problem. And its not the first player we have bought from a new football nation Toda from Japan, the South African captain Mazibula(spl), the other guy who is still here ( forget his name plays CB) have a guess how many games those players turned out for, but they did sell shirts.

DeAndre Yedlin is ready to prove himself all over again ahead of USMNT friendly visits to European giants the Netherlands (3 pm ET; ESPN, UniMas, UDN) and Germany inside a span of six days.

After a slow start to his European career following a winter transfer to the English Premier League, the Tottenham Hotspur right back hopes to shake off a bit more spring rust against some of the world's finest attackers to start his Gold Cup summer. The Dutch are famous for dizzying defenders and Yedlin got a small taste of the offensive menace contained in World Cup champs Germany in a 1-0 US loss during last summer's group stage in Brazil.

"It will be a great challenge," Yedlin told MLSsoccer.com. "I think you have to be careful with their attack. They are the best in the world or right up there. That's one of the strengths that makes them who they are."

For a wide player such as himself, the caution required goes double against their Friday night hosts, as the Dutch are typically loaded with flank threats like Arjen Robben, Memphis Depay, and Luciano Narsingh.

"The overlapping, the wingers are super crafty – it's going to be a battle out there," Yedlin said. We're looking forward to it."

As for whether he might feature at right back or further up the wing, he says that's a game-by-game decision at this early point in his US career. According to Yedlin, it remains to be seen what his optimum position will be at the international level.

"I think a lot of that really depends on who I'm playing with, who's around me," said the versatile speedster. "I think the best position is the one you're willing to play."

Besides, as much as he motors up and down the flank during a match, he says he would be hard-pressed to describe the difference in working the two stations. If he's having a good game, there won't be much daylight between the two job experiences.

"Not really, especially with this team," said Yedlin. "You do a lot of work on both sides of the ball, so it's really not a big difference for me."

The trick for Yedlin on this European swing with the USMNT is to lift his match fitness. With just one Tottenham sub appearance and a few starts for their Under-21 side since January, the Seattle Sounders transplant looks unlikely to start Friday's contest with the Dutch.

Despite the slow start at Spurs, Yedlin seems happy with his progress toward a regular place in the Premier League squad. He says making the transition to England at a time when he was out of action for a month slowed his drive for playing time last season, as should likely be expected.

"The [Tottenham] coaches have been patient with me," he shared. "I've taken my time because it's a big transition. A lot more goes into it than people realize."

Next season, however, he hopes to hit the Spurs preseason training ground running from a summer of important action with the Nats. Next month, the US will vie for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, which comes with the added bonus of a Confederation Cup spot in 2017 if they win.

"That's the plan, hopefully, to be in top fitness when I join Spurs," declared Yedlin. "And be flying into next season."

The 21-year-old admitted he is unsure whether he will begin the new club campaign at White Hart Lane or away on loan, but says that matter can be settled when his summer work is done.

"We're still talking about what might happen," said Yedlin. "But right now, I'm just focused on Gold Cup, and then I will focus on Spurs."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/goldcup/20...ngland-focusing-gold-cup-ahead-first-full-sea

HE looked good vs Holland. He dealt very well with Blind who looked utterly crap often resulting in dirty challenges. He will come good if he continues developing.

Yedlin is quick, attacking and actually decent technically (look at some of his deliveries), truth is MLS pace of game is fudgeing slow, EPL is one of the (if not the) fastest leagues in the world, he's young, can/will adapt.

Seriously, the fudgeing kid is highly influential in USA beating Holland and the comments on here are "he's crud in training" and "Holland are pants nowadays"? really?

Hey!
I only share what I've heard/read! If you can't handle what other people contribute with, I think this ain't the place for you......

Hey!
I only share what I've heard/read! If you can't handle what other people contribute with, I think this ain't the place for you......

Depends if you have heard or read it from a guff merchant and are now just casually dropping that comment as though it were fairly common wisdom.
"Apparently" is a useful caveat to apply but can cover quite the range of statements.

I think he will become a really good player. Whether he stays with us is one thing, but I think he has the raw talent, and now let's see if the coaches and he can make it click. When you consider how important the position is in our set-up, I'm glad he hasn't been thrown in if not 100% ready.

How about this then:

"The [Tottenham] coaches have been patient with me," he shared. "I've taken my time because it's a big transition. A lot more goes into it than people realize."

How about this then:

Indeed, there is obviously more to coming to a different country, a different way of life then some think. And its a hell of a lot harder when you are still a kid.

Seems like what I heard about him not impressing in traing was pretty accurate. If he was any good, we wouldn't have signed Trippier and send Yedlin out on loan. (hasn't been loaned yet, but it looks like it will happen)

Seems like what I heard about him not impressing in traing was pretty accurate. If he was any good, we wouldn't have signed Trippier and send Yedlin out on loan. (hasn't been loaned yet, but it looks like it will happen)

So, by dog brick, you mean " not quite good enough or sharp enough for a team at the top end of the best Lge in the world. And all this despite being young and having only played in a developing Lge".

Well, I don't think Mitchell will need an algorithm now as it seems our available talent pool for signing can be written on a fag packet.

So where exactly did you 'hear' that?.... Are we talking from a man in the pub or from a player or member of the coaching staff?

Back