• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Really what happened for that mistake? He slipped or tripped, was quite unexpected and unusual unlike losing his man etc. Yeah still somewhat the cause for the goal but I feel sorry for him.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Seemed to get out muscled and allowed his man to get goal side.

I see his positioning let him down this afternoon, it showed up a fair few times for us last season and is his only real weakness. Hopefully as he gains more experience over the coming seasons he'll iron that out of his game, thankfully we have Vertonghen who is a master of the art to guide him.

To be fair thats exactly what Id expect to happen.

Positioning comes from experience more than anything, and I fully expect Sanchez to improve year on year.

I keep looking at him now, how good he is (with faults, I know) and wondering just how good he might be when he is 25, he could be one of the best around by then.

To be fair thats exactly what Id expect to happen.

Positioning comes from experience more than anything, and I fully expect Sanchez to improve year on year.

I keep looking at him now, how good he is (with faults, I know) and wondering just how good he might be when he is 25, he could be one of the best around by then.

I completely agree, he has all the attributes to become a complete defender and If he continues to develop he might even dare say it be up there with Ledley by the time he hits 25.

I've watched our 3 cb's at the WC twice, none of them look as effective as they do in our system, credit to the coaching team and a point of note should we change the personnel this summer.
Well Im sure that goes for most players at the WC, you get a hell of a lot more time on the training ground at your club than you do your country.....

I've watched our 3 cb's at the WC twice, none of them look as effective as they do in our system, credit to the coaching team and a point of note should we change the personnel this summer.

It's brilliant how Martinez has managed to ruin Verts and Alder with 2-3 weeks of coaching

He's still 21 and getting this experience in a world cup plus his decent first year for us in league and champions league. I reckon he'll become a too drawer centre back in less than two years at this rate of progress. That means someone, hopefully Spurs will get a full decade of him being a central defence linchpin .

Dave is the boss so far....one world class tackle in the box to win the ball off Mane and now another sliding block to clear the danger

Will be odd playing against him on Tuesday. Lets home he has a stormer but Columbia lose nevertheless.

Dave is the boss so far....one world class tackle in the box to win the ball off Mane and now another sliding block to clear the danger

He does cut the margins to the extreme, though... he was just 6 inches away from a penalty and a sending off. I must say I am less impressed, than most, with last ditch defending. You never saw the likes of Baresi or Godin nowadays do them. But he is young and as he matures he will fine tune his positioning and hopefully he will give himself that extra half second that will require less risky last-ditch attempts.

He does cut the margins to the extreme, though... he was just 6 inches away from a penalty and a sending off. I must say I am less impressed, than most, with last ditch defending. You never saw the likes of Baresi or Godin nowadays do them. But he is young and as he matures he will fine tune his positioning and hopefully he will give himself that extra half second that will require less risky last-ditch attempts.

Uraguay are a defensive machine hence why they don’t concede

Baresi rarely needed to tackle as his teams were always better and he was sweeping

Godin is sooo under rated its scary

Davinson has just this month turned 22 while Grodin is 32, not a fair comparison methinks. As for Baresi suffice to say you are talking about a the whole career of a WC player, again a very unfair comparison

Back