• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I think a lot of our performance today was down to improved levels of fitness and focus. Plus we kept three up for breaks. We didn't defend on our penalty box and we forced them wide. We had shape, focus, discipline and great levels of fitness. I was delighted to see both his and Dier's performances...

I think we might be stuck with both of them. Seems that we're having real problems shifting our deadwood

We're not alone in that. A lot of loans with obligation to buy this summer, putting off the payments for a year.

We have a potentially huge centre half problem after the September, October and November international breaks.
Romero and Sanchez will both want to play for their countries in the tough South American World Cup qualifiers.
Fifa have reintroduced the mandate that International teams for priority over players during the international breaks.
Argentina and Colombia are on the UK red list and look to be staying there.
They will both have to quarantine for 10 days vaccinated or not on their return.
They should miss the game after for definite and perhaps the one after. Potentially 6 league games in 10. 3 for definite unless the rules change.

LoCelso is the other player in our squad in danger.

Liverpool potentially have Salah, Firmino and Allison all out at the same time.

Said it before that ideally we’d shift Sanchez and Dier but I’d settle for one of them staying. Of the two I don’t have much preference but would probably keep Sanchez for his pace. We can’t be in a situation where Dier and Sanchez are the CB’s starting for more than a couple of games.

I never thought I would hear myself say this... but based on Romero's performance yesterday, I am really glad we did not get rid of them this summer....

Impressed by this guy this season, he’s looking good and to be fair Dier too they are looking a solid pair. More than that though, his distribution has been very good….

Shout out to Davinson today. Played some lovely Toby-esque crossfield passes.

Yep - isn’t beaten at the back but his distribution has noticeably improved too. Whatever happened to him this summer (some good reports saying he came back to pre season with a new level of confidence) it has done him the world of good. Really like a new signing, in reality probably just getting back to his level and closer to his potential given he was a big prospect when he signed.

Shout out to Davinson today. Played some lovely Toby-esque crossfield passes.

Thought he was our best player. Excellent performance. This is his best run of games in a long time. I still don't trust him yet but he is getting there.

There was one second half where they played a quick free kick and our lads were asleep but Sanchez was wide awake and cut out the danger. The sort of situation he'd have made a mess of in previous seasons.

I cowered when I saw him and Dier in the starting eleven v City but they are really proving me wrong so far.

Yep - isn’t beaten at the back but his distribution has noticeably improved too. Whatever happened to him this summer (some good reports saying he came back to pre season with a new level of confidence) it has done him the world of good. Really like a new signing, in reality probably just getting back to his level and closer to his potential given he was a big prospect when he signed.
Its looking increasingly like Jose shattered his confidence..as per.

Back