• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

50 mill :eek:

seriously why arent we scouting and signing players like this in S America. Ajax paid 5 mill for him a year ago

For every one of those "successful scouting" there is at least 20 that goes in the opposite way. We had our share of successful scouting in Dele, Christian, etc, so you cannot say that we are worse than anybody else. quite the opposite.

I think if we rock up and make a firm offer between 35 and 40 million euros then I don't think that's a deal that Ajax can afford to turn down.

Agree with that and I think I'm right in saying that they recently signed another CB, effectively a replacement, didn't they? Think this would be a great deal to get swen up and remove the risk to us from an injury or two in what is a fundamentally important position

For every one of those "successful scouting" there is at least 20 that goes in the opposite way. We had our share of successful scouting in Dele, Christian, etc, so you cannot say that we are worse than anybody else. quite the opposite.

Depends who is doing the scouting, I sadly think our very recent scouting in the main has been poor.
Jannsen, Sissoko and the couple of wingers have very been underwhelming.

Depends who is doing the scouting, I sadly think our very recent scouting in the main has been poor.
Jannsen, Sissoko and the couple of wingers have very been underwhelming.

And then, suddenly, we will pull the rabbit out of the hat (again) and everyone will praise our scouting department. Things change quickly. My point is that it is very easy to prove a point afterwards, when all facts are known. No-one can predict the future, therfore it is very stupid to say "Why didn't we go for that, unknown player when we now, know how good he was supposed to be?"

And then, suddenly, we will pull the rabbit out of the hat (again) and everyone will praise our scouting department. Things change quickly. My point is that it is very easy to prove a point afterwards, when all facts are known. No-one can predict the future, therfore it is very stupid to say "Why didn't we go for that, unknown player when we now, know how good he was supposed to be?"

Pleat is the man who seems to have a good eye. But yes you are right, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince!

Jannsen, I can see you win some you lose some.
The two wingers we have/had purchased both so similar and underwhelming, it happens. Both Saha 'make does' for Poch IMHO.
Sissoko for me is just plain strange. The guy is just so lucky to earning a living at this level of the game.

Overmars will certainly do us no favours...he's making things tricky and doing his best for the club.

I think if we rock up and make a firm offer between 35 and 40 million euros then I don't think that's a deal that Ajax can afford to turn down.

If Sanchez is clever he will know he won't play at Chelsea or Madrid. He will develop better here with guidance from poch and former Ajax pros.
"Development" means feck all imo. If a big company came to me and said "we want you in our team, but atm we have the best in the business In your position, so we don't really need you. We'll pay you 3 times what you have now, to sit and watch for 3 years" I'd take that in a heartbeat!

"Development" means feck all imo. If a big company came to me and said "we want you in our team, but atm we have the best in the business In your position, so we don't really need you. We'll pay you 3 times what you have now, to sit and watch for 3 years" I'd take that in a heartbeat!

Depends on how much you enjoy performing your job, I guess. :D

I think that we are lucky to have Shaun Wright-Phillips posting on this forum

Hardly comparable. A professional footballer have a career fo approx 10-15 years, while your and mine last for 30 to 40 years. So for maximum the outcome at the end of their careers they have to consider the development aspect more than we need.

Regarding our own job, a healthy salary will of course make you accept the most boring job for a longer period, but in the end the boredom will take the sh*t out of you. At least it´s how it works for me.

Pleat is the man who seems to have a good eye. But yes you are right, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince!

Jannsen, I can see you win some you lose some.
The two wingers we have/had purchased both so similar and underwhelming, it happens. Both Saha 'make does' for Poch IMHO.
Sissoko for me is just plain strange. The guy is just so lucky to earning a living at this level of the game.

Agree with you regarding Sissoko. A painc buy, at it seems, but I have never seen Poch as a guy that panic. Strange. I would love to know the whole story about that "investment".

Back