• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts as well, rather then rush in at sign someone now ( who may not turn out to be the answer) i would rather we gave Forster a run.

Yeah. We shouldn't rush if that means compromising on our targets for the summer.

If one of the top targets for the summer is gettable for an acceptable fee rushing could be one of the best decisions we could make.

Just looking he's only 6ft which is small for a GK, even Lloris is 6ft 2 - that does worry me slightly. The guy at Brighton who is also a Spain international is 6ft 6. Shouldn't buy solely on height of course but having an extra bit of reach doesn't do any harm in that position.

Just looking he's only 6ft which is small for a GK, even Lloris is 6ft 2 - that does worry me slightly. The guy at Brighton who is also a Spain international is 6ft 6. Shouldn't buy solely on height of course but having an extra bit of reach doesn't do any harm in that position.
The guy at Brighton also has a Rick in him like Hugo

The taller keepers struggle to get down quicker, they are not as agile.

I agree with @Bedfordspurs - seems too small for a keeper. One thing we have struggled with throughout since the Robinson years has been finding authoritative goalies willing to come off their line to claim crosses, and actually getting there in the attempt.

Gomes tried it and had the size for it, but his regular clangers meant the 'authoritative' bit was missing. Cudicini and Friedel never tried it - stayed on their lines. Hugo tried it, flapped a lot, then decided not to do it and stayed on his line, and now is trying again and flapping again because of his relatively small size + his rapidly increasing unreliability.

I would like a big bastard who is comfortable claiming crosses and dominating his box for our next GK. Ideally one good with his feet too. Shot-stopping would be a bonus, but really, I'd happily take a keeper who is just an average shot-stopper but excels at the other two aspects, because the boost given to the team by a keeper good at reducing pressure at corners/crosses and circulating the bell well would more than compensate for any lack of individual shot-stopping prowess.

I believe the best keeper i have seen in our shirt was only 6ft tall. Never really bothered him at all.

I agree with @Bedfordspurs - seems too small for a keeper. One thing we have struggled with throughout since the Robinson years has been finding authoritative goalies willing to come off their line to claim crosses, and actually getting there in the attempt.

Gomes tried it and had the size for it, but his regular clangers meant the 'authoritative' bit was missing. Cudicini and Friedel never tried it - stayed on their lines. Hugo tried it, flapped a lot, then decided not to do it and stayed on his line, and now is trying again and flapping again because of his relatively small size + his rapidly increasing unreliability.

I would like a big bastard who is comfortable claiming crosses and dominating his box for our next GK. Ideally one good with his feet too. Shot-stopping would be a bonus, but really, I'd happily take a keeper who is just an average shot-stopper but excels at the other two aspects, because the boost given to the team by a keeper good at reducing pressure at corners/crosses and circulating the bell well would more than compensate for any lack of individual shot-stopping prowess.
No I like him

I don't mind waiting till the summer if needs be, it's a key position that you need to get right and realistically it's understandable if people don't want to sell their GK mid season.

Lloris is in terrible form but overall he's been a decent keeper and I'm sure he'll recover some form in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't mind waiting till the summer if needs be, it's a key position that you need to get right and realistically it's understandable if people don't want to sell their GK mid season.

Lloris is in terrible form but overall he's been a decent keeper and I'm sure he'll recover some form in the 2nd half of the season.
I’m far from convinced he will
He doesn’t even acknowledge it in the presser yesterday
He blames a World Cup hangover completely forgetting his role in everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back