• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you perhaps underestimate how poor we are on ballplayers. We've had nearly 4 years of weeding them out and disposing (largely unsuccessfully) of them. Unless we are going to rely a lot on Kane and Kulusevski in AM, we desperately need a playmaking ACM.
No I think it’s been hugely over estimated
We have no issue creating or scoring
Our chance creation and goals for with defensive managers is excellent in reality
We have a huge huge issue at the back

Our chance creation and goals for with defensive managers is excellent in reality
A massive part of our creative play has gone through Kane for some time, because he is the only one with a creative pass in him. That needs to change for various reasons, we most definitely need a creative midfielder....

A massive part of our creative play has gone through Kane for some time, because he is the only one with a creative pass in him. That needs to change for various reasons, we most definitely need a creative midfielder....
We would like one as it’s a nice to have
And yep we go though kane
Why wouldnt we … he is world class
But we have a huge huge issue at the back
Only 4 teams scored more than us
Only 5 teams conceded less
We conceded 12 goals more using XGA than we should have. Comfortably the worst in the league
Kane wasn’t scoring worldies last year and creating his own chances. A lot were passed and crosses form others
That isn’t going to get worse IMO
But the GK and CB will with the additional attacking impetus under ange
Hence why it’s a bigger issue

I think you perhaps underestimate how poor we are on ballplayers. We've had nearly 4 years of weeding them out and disposing (largely unsuccessfully) of them. Unless we are going to rely a lot on Kane and Kulusevski in AM, we desperately need a playmaking ACM.
I think it's more you underestimating how much the defence and in particular goalkeeper has cost us this season. We constantly lose the ball in our defensive third due to the lack of quality there. Once we get it into the attacking third we are clinical.
Also, there is more than one way to attack and with an ACM isn't the only way to play. Liverpool has done ok in recent years with workman-like midfielders, and no ACM, who just get the ball into the front 3 and let them do their thing.

We would like one as it’s a nice to have
And yep we go though kane
Why wouldnt we … he is world class
But we have a huge huge issue at the back
Only 4 teams scored more than us
Only 5 teams conceded less
We conceded 12 goals more using XGA than we should have. Comfortably the worst in the league
Kane wasn’t scoring worldies last year and creating his own chances. A lot were passed and crosses form others
That isn’t going to get worse IMO
But the GK and CB will with the additional attacking impetus under ange
Hence why it’s a bigger issue
Oh I agree defence is the bigger issue right now. But we still need to address the balance of creativity in the midfield area, we are lacking....

Loads is going to happen before the window is up, I would not be shocked to see Madison here as I would not be shocked if he wasn't TBH. There will be loads of squad movement IMO and also as @Lilbaz reminds people rightly all the time, the whole money down in chunks does not happen, so £40m/50m won't be paid in lumps and as shown with Deki often over long periods. Plenty to happen, strap in, its going to be an interesting ride

Trying to work out our transfer budget for me is a fools errand. For past transfers, have we got payments coming up or not? Ndombele, lo celso, davies whatever. Has their transfers been paid (not talking amortisation, but actual payments)? We were cash rich last finances, but that might have changed significantly.

The only people that really know are levy and the financial department at spurs.

We created chances because we setup as a counter attacking side only attacking effectively when the opposition were pushed and there were big spaces to play into. Whenever we had the ball for any extended period we were found very wanting. We are poor in possession, we are poor when trying to control games, we are poor when trying to break down a settled defence. That isnt going to improve without an improvement in the attributes of the players in midfield.

Plus you overstate our goal scoring, we score a decent number primarily because Kane and Son are excellent finishers. Both score way above their XG. That is not a compliment to the quality of chance we score, instead it just says how good the pair are as finishers.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I think it's more you underestimating how much the defence and in particular goalkeeper has cost us this season. We constantly lose the ball in our defensive third due to the lack of quality there. Once we get it into the attacking third we are clinical.
Also, there is more than one way to attack and with an ACM isn't the only way to play. Liverpool has done ok in recent years with workman-like midfielders, and no ACM, who just get the ball into the front 3 and let them do their thing.
Liverpool had veritable goal scoring ACMs on the wings. We have one in Deki, Son is a totally different style player. He isn't really creative, he doesn't have a probing pass. We don't have players with similar attributes in our attacking 3rd to the title winning Liverpool side. Then add their playmaking RB, and their very good LB. Again we don't have the players although I do believe Udogie bridges the gap somewhat we have nothing like TAA passing from deep, from the wings or even in midfield. it's a bit of a silly comparison.
Trying to work out our transfer budget for me is a fools errand. For past transfers, have we got payments coming up or not? Ndombele, lo celso, davies whatever. Has their transfers been paid (not talking amortisation, but actual payments)? We were cash rich last finances, but that might have changed significantly.

The only people that really know are levy and the financial department at spurs.
Its highly likely that we are still paying for numerous earlier transfers. We never pay upfront, virtually no club does. So paying installments on new signings will have already been taken into account by Levy. Beyond there being negotiation difficulties due to differing payment schedules our budget will be issued based on the expectation of paying over time.

Its highly likely that we are still paying for numerous earlier transfers. We never pay upfront, virtually no club does. So paying installments on new signings will have already been taken into account by Levy. Beyond there being negotiation difficulties due to differing payment schedules our budget will be issued based on the expectation of paying over time.

It probably is highly likely. That wasn't the point. It's how much is owed and when those payments need to be made compared to our income that will decide future investment and how that is constructed. (Aswell as the spending rules, but i think we all agree there is some leeway).

Any journo saying a team has x ammount to spend on transfers this summer is just trumping.

Liverpool had veritable goal scoring ACMs on the wings. We have one in Deki, Son is a totally different style player. He isn't really creative, he doesn't have a probing pass. We don't have players with similar attributes in our attacking 3rd to the title winning Liverpool side. Then add their playmaking RB, and their very good LB. Again we don't have the players although I do believe Udogie bridges the gap somewhat we have nothing like TAA passing from deep, from the wings or even in midfield. it's a bit of a silly comparison.
They are WFs, not ACMs. The rest is basically what I said, there are more ways to play than with an ACM. Liverpool has better players than us and I'm not saying that we can do what they did, the point is that they don't use an ACM (no matter how much you want their WFs to be one) and are the best example of that, so no, it's not a silly comparison.

S
We created chances because we setup as a counter attacking side only attacking effectively when the opposition were pushed and there were big spaces to play into. Whenever we had the ball for any extended period we were found very wanting. We are poor in possession, we are poor when trying to control games, we are poor when trying to break down a settled defence. That isnt going to improve without an improvement in the attributes of the players in midfield.

Plus you overstate our goal scoring, we score a decent number primarily because Kane and Son are excellent finishers. Both score way above their XG. That is not a compliment to the quality of chance we score, instead it just says how good the pair are as finishers.

Son didn’t last year
Rucharlison didn’t
Only one player in the whole team performed to a decent level relevant to their abilities… Kane
And we scored plenty

we didn’t create because of counters
In fact a huge chunk came from set pieces and crosses

out counter attacking was awful generally

a lot also came when we were chasing games which was a BIG chunk of the season

Last edited:
We have a keeper who threw it in his own net in a home NLD
When away he palmed the ball out form a weak shot is badly it hit one go our own players
He didn’t even dive for some shots vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine away
He fudged up contact when playing the same side at home
He was gash in so many games conceding key goals

WIll be interesting to see what happens to Raya if we sign the Italian. Not that many big teams looking for first choice keepers this summer

WIll be interesting to see what happens to Raya if we sign the Italian. Not that many big teams looking for first choice keepers this summer

Out of contract next summer? If i was him i'd see it out. See what precontracts are on offer in jan.

(Yes i'd do the same if i was kane).

Kerching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back