• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point was "who just get the ball into the front 3 and let them do their thing."

So me replying and pointing out that first their front men are almost ACM like in their qualities and that they have a playmaking RB as well is not me twisting things and talking about nothing. I'm pointing out how superficial your understanding of Liverpool's system was. You don't like that cool, but it is what it is.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Not my point at all. If you can't be bothered to understand the point that's your prob. Last reply.

And that Raya fella, good keeper;)

So goons have agreed £3m loan and £2m payment next June.

Not £40m is it.

Feels like one got away here.

Brentford messed up on this one. They thought they could play hard ball and flush out some other offers from Arsenal and Chelsea etc. Except they didn't come, and now they have had to take a worse deal from Arsenal than our best offer weeks ago.

So goons have agreed £3m loan and £2m payment next June.

Not £40m is it.

Feels like one got away here.
I can just imagine this place had we started the season with Austin in goal whilst waiting for this deal!

truth is Brentford have massively fudged up if this deal is correct.

Did anyone see the Peter Schmeichel interview recently when he heard about this Raya move and was slagging off the idea of Arsenal having 2 top keepers? He basically said its never a good idea, You need to have a clear no1 who is relaxed and can focus week in week out and that having intense competition is detrimental in training where they are having to compete to prove themselves all the time, and also its puts extra stress on a matchday knowing a poor game can see you out the side when in reality all keepers have bad patches. Seemed a bit extreme but he was pretty adamant that it rarely ever works and it's much better for morale to have a clear no1 with a no2 who knows his job is to support the no1 and be ready to step when called upon etc. Interesting stuff

Did anyone see the Peter Schmeichel interview recently when he heard about this Raya move and was slagging off the idea of Arsenal having 2 top keepers? He basically said its never a good idea, You need to have a clear no1 who is relaxed and can focus week in week out and that having intense competition is detrimental in training where they are having to compete to prove themselves all the time, and also its puts extra stress on a matchday knowing a poor game can see you out the side when in reality all keepers have bad patches. Seemed a bit extreme but he was pretty adamant that it rarely ever works and it's much better for morale to have a clear no1 with a no2 who knows his job is to support the no1 and be ready to step when called upon etc. Interesting stuff

Interesting, I think Keeper's need to play to be at their best, having equal means either you either bench someone who is good enough to start (not happy) or you rotate, in one scenario one players doesn't get enough play time, in the second, perhaps both don't get enough time.

Arteta really thinks he's Pep, just keeps buying a bigger squad, eating a loss on the ones that don't work out and move on. Thing is he's not learning the final Pep lesson, compromise and buy a fudging finisher ..

Annoyingly this is the best signing Arsenal have made. Ramsdale was the weakest link last season. Raya is an upgrade.

fudgers.

Shay Given said the same on MOTD 2

Brentford messed up on this one. They thought they could play hard ball and flush out some other offers from Arsenal and Chelsea etc. Except they didn't come, and now they have had to take a worse deal from Arsenal than our best offer weeks ago.
While Brentford did indeed overplay their hand and mess up, I think we also have to accept that we also messed up ourselves here as well.

While Brentford did indeed overplay their hand and mess up, I think we also have to accept that we also messed up ourselves here as well.
The price was simply too high (should resonate to someone who regularly comments on how tight funds are), and if we hung out for a deal like Arsenal have got, how do the optics of Raya landing on 16th August look??

How? We've got Vicario who seems perfectly capable and highly rated in Italy.
‘Seems perfectly capable’ isn’t the best endorsement. He may end up being brilliant (fingers crossed) but it’s pretty clear that Raya was our first choice target and was statistically one of the best keepers in the PL.

Isn't it a case like you have said about other players that they market conditions didn't demand the 40m+ they wanted? Give the fact they now are only getting 30m which we were reported to have offered? We moved on and the price dropped because we were likely the only kids at the party.

Can't imagine the players too enamoured to be fighting for playing time at Arsenal after being number 1 at Brentford for so long, but when you have shown your hand like he did and the club moved on, you stuff yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back