• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the tossers on twitter and the Spurs youtube blog tacos are all moaning about how we have lost another player we have not actually put an official bid for, its all Levy’s fault bla bla bla.

Reactions: DTA
All the tossers on twitter and the Spurs youtube blog tacos are all moaning about how we have lost another player we have not actually put an official bid for, its all Levy’s fault bla bla bla.

Wait till Lenglet signs as 5m back up and they seriously lose their brick3

I'm sure if you go onto twitter and read what some of our so called fans say... other teams would slap down £50m just to get the player they want....

While those teams are having bids rejected for players they want :eek:

The same fans seemingly moaning about us being skint next year because of a lack of CL football, so its a lack of joined up thinking too.

At the end of the day there are market conditions to any move, if no one is willing to pay 40m for Raya and thats their walk away price then you wipe your mouth and move on, there is absolutely no value in overpaying the market OR spending 3 months hoping they will drop a price.

And lets get it right, people want who they want and cry when it don't happen, thats the football manager mentality. But no one, myself included knows what this other guys like to either go big or dig him out yet. I would hope that these so called fans give the other bloke the benefit of the doubt and we don't have a cross hair on him from day one, I really don't, but I also don't hold much hope

Or just use our budget smartly and get a good keeper and a good CB instead of blowing the lot on a keeper when there are equally good ones out there for cheaper.
The question is are there equally good ones for cheaper and have we identified said player?

I'm happy enough going for the smart option as long as that is indeed the smart option and not a make do selection.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Or just use our budget smartly and get a good keeper and a good CB instead of blowing the lot on a keeper when there are equally good ones out there for cheaper.
The kicker for me
Is I’d rather spend all our budget on a GK and CB that can elevate the team
Every other position is IMO a nice to have
Get these two right and the team is IMO 10% better instantly

The kicker for me
Is I’d rather spend all our budget on a GK and CB that can elevate the team
Every other position is IMO a nice to have
Get these two right and the team is IMO 10% better instantly

I think you perhaps underestimate how poor we are on ballplayers. We've had nearly 4 years of weeding them out and disposing (largely unsuccessfully) of them. Unless we are going to rely a lot on Kane and Kulusevski in AM, we desperately need a playmaking ACM.

I think you perhaps underestimate how poor we are on ballplayers. We've had nearly 4 years of weeding them out and disposing (largely unsuccessfully) of them. Unless we are going to rely a lot on Kane and Kulusevski in AM, we desperately need a playmaking ACM.

Loads is going to happen before the window is up, I would not be shocked to see Madison here as I would not be shocked if he wasn't TBH. There will be loads of squad movement IMO and also as @Lilbaz reminds people rightly all the time, the whole money down in chunks does not happen, so £40m/50m won't be paid in lumps and as shown with Deki often over long periods. Plenty to happen, strap in, its going to be an interesting ride

Loads is going to happen before the window is up, I would not be shocked to see Madison here as I would not be shocked if he wasn't TBH. There will be loads of squad movement IMO and also as @Lilbaz reminds people rightly all the time, the whole money down in chunks does not happen, so £40m/50m won't be paid in lumps and as shown with Deki often over long periods. Plenty to happen, strap in, its going to be an interesting ride

I think we're probably on a quality over quantity drive this window. Probably 4 players - GK, CB, CB, ACM, and with maybe £100m allocated for them.

But then we'll probably try and bring about the same amount in with 9 or 10 sales, but later in the window/not sell before we buy.

I think we're probably on a quality over quantity drive this window. Probably 4 players - GK, CB, CB, ACM, and with maybe £100m allocated for them.

But then we'll probably try and bring about the same amount in with 9 or 10 sales, but later in the window/not sell before we buy.

TBF we have plenty of wiggle room to sell early though, probably nearly a full teams worth where if they fell off a cliff tomorrow you would be ok for depth still.

TBF we have plenty of wiggle room to sell early though, probably nearly a full teams worth where if they fell off a cliff tomorrow you would be ok for depth still.

That's the problem though - as we are an eager seller, we'll just keep getting beaten down on price till we have to practically give many of them away towards the end of the window. Other than Hojbjerg and maybe Lo Celso, few of them have much value/interest left.

That's the problem though - as we are an eager seller, we'll just keep getting beaten down on price till we have to practically give many of them away towards the end of the window. Other than Hojbjerg and maybe Lo Celso, few of them have much value/interest left.

Yeh but there are also going to be clubs needing players, it's not all a one way market. Like I say loads to happen and going to make interesting viewing

Just wait till you hear that tossers are moaning about people moaning on GG..(n.b I don't actually think you're a tosser but just falling in to the same cycle but missing a step). You or I don't know if an official bid has been put in, given that some chairmen (chair people?!) straight up lie about that kind of thing ie Napoli's guy or West Ham we just don't know unless personally involved at a high up level.

It's what we sign up for by chatting in a football forum in the summer when all there is sans official announcements is essentially radio noise. I'm already finding it infuriating that posters are speaking about things in absolute terms when they are just rumours, it takes a simple qualifying phrase to make the sentence correct and reflect the current reality (that isn't aimed at you yiddo but more in general). clams making me google if Neves has signed on loan for Saudi Sportswashing Machine or if Saudi Arabia has bought all of Chelsea's deadwood, speak English accurately and it'll save me an unnecessary google cheers.

IF (easy qualifying word, see it's not that difficult) Brentford hold out for 40 million then they will have a moody asset sitting on the bench for the season as they've already got the replacement in and they are entitled to do that whilst losing our in the long run. They aren't forced to sell, much like how we're apparently bad guys for holding on to Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back