• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

He's had groin issues recently, so a rest would be nice.

That said - he'll probably do more on our end of season outing.

He does deserve the England place IMHO.

He's up against Gibbs for the second spot. Gibbs belongs to Arsenal, which puts Rose at a disadvantage. Once Shaw plays a decent game for United, Rose won't stand a chance.

Shaw is massively overrated
At least Gibbs has played champions league even though he hang first choice for his club

I really do not care about Rose missing out of the England squad. As one of the people on this forum who was totally behind him when he was being slagged off to high heavens and never rated Ben Davies as a better option I want him to have a total rest this summer. I am pretty sure if he continues his amazing form next season he will be going to the Euros next summer

I really do not care about Rose missing out of the England squad. As one of the people on this forum who was totally behind him when he was being slagged off to high heavens and never rated Ben Davies as a better option I want him to have a total rest this summer. I am pretty sure if he continues his amazing form next season he will be going to the Euros next summer

Any of our players not playing for England is a good thing, less circus, less injuries, more rest.

That said, the reward of call up and the motivation it could provide has to be considered. I think even Rose's harshest critics (me included) would believe he has to be in the England squad.

I think the only way he goes to the Euros is if three of Baines/Gibbs/Shaw/Bertrand are injured, even if he performs better than all of them Hodgson won't call him up.

I suppose the issue with Rose is that he excels in the physical, which is far less important at international level.

With the pace and demands of the league, Rose has been a fantastic asset this season. A remarkable achievement, given I certainly thought he was hopeless.

However, I think he's still short of being a reliable defensive full back, which is primarily what Hodgson must be looking at - especially with his defensive leanings as a manager. Obviously far, far from determinative, it can't be ignored that Spurs have an attrocious defensive record - and Rose is a part of that defence (albeit the best part).

I think the only way he goes to the Euros is if three of Baines/Gibbs/Shaw/Bertrand are injured, even if he performs better than all of them Hodgson won't call him up.
Admittedly I haven't seen much of any of them, but from what I have I would suggest Rose has performed just as well if not better than all of them. Maybe I'm being biased, but I certainly wouldn't swap Rose for any of them....

Admittedly I haven't seen much of any of them, but from what I have I would suggest Rose has performed just as well if not better than all of them. Maybe I'm being biased, but I certainly wouldn't swap Rose for any of them....

Of the ones mentioned Shaw has looked majorly suspect this season and wasn't as good as the hype last season

Baines has always been dodgy defensively but his attacking contribution makes up for that

Bertrand is the best of the lot IMO and is solid across the board but not international class yet

Gibbs is quick but again defensively not great

In fact none of them are great defensively which is typical of how teams play now in our league

However, I think he's still short of being a reliable defensive full back, which is primarily what Hodgson must be looking at - especially with his defensive leanings as a manager. Obviously far, far from determinative, it can't be ignored that Spurs have an attrocious defensive record - and Rose is a part of that defence (albeit the best part).

And yet players like Baines and Shaw are both unreliable defensive full backs and only excel as offensive players (although recently Shaw has not excelled at all)

Of the ones mentioned Shaw has looked majorly suspect this season and wasn't as good as the hype last season

Baines has always been dodgy defensively but his attacking contribution makes up for that

Bertrand is the best of the lot IMO and is solid across the board but not international class yet

Gibbs is quick but again defensively not great

In fact none of them are great defensively which is typical of how teams play now in our league

Come to thing of it I cannot think of a single English full back, on either flank, who excels defensively

Come to thing of it I cannot think of a single English full back, on either flank, who excels defensively

I used to play full back old school and it was defend first attack second. Now it's the opposite

Clyne this year has been raved about yet if you watched the England Italy game and both games vs us he offered nothing young forward and did nothing defensively

There really is a dearth of quality

Back