• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I know over the summer a number of you have intimated on here that he is not good enough for us and we should sell him but I have repeatedly expressed the view that he has immense potential and will improve. I thought he was one of your better players today. Agreed defensively he needs to improve but his potential is there and today he did better than his opposite full back. Even if we do buy a new left back I hope at the very least Rose plays in all the cup games.

Far better today, although I suppose Palace are not the ultimate benchmark to judge him on. Deserves to keep his place v Swansea for sure

I think with Rose, he is all huff and puff but no end product. He seems to get past players, maybe even overlap players but it ends up with 'meh'

I know over the summer a number of you have intimated on here that he is not good enough for us and we should sell him but I have repeatedly expressed the view that he has immense potential and will improve. I thought he was one of your better players today. Agreed defensively he needs to improve but his potential is there and today he did better than his opposite full back. Even if we do buy a new left back I hope at the very least Rose plays in all the cup games.

I haven't said that we should sell him, but I have expressed doubts about him as a first choice left back. Today did nothing to change that, as I wasn't nervous about him up against Palace players.

Do you think he's good enough to be a starter for us against United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool?

I think with Rose, he is all huff and puff but no end product. He seems to get past players, maybe even overlap players but it ends up with 'meh'

From what I've seen he's shown himself to be a good crosser of the ball. Didn't show that today, but for me at least he's a better crosser of the ball than both Walker and Lennon for example.

Haven't seen today's game so I can't comment on his performance. The problem for is we all know he has defiencies when it comes to defending, but he's not THAT good going forward to compensate for this. Would he honestly get into any other team in the top 6?

I just don't see how playing well in a struggling Sunderland side means he is good enough for a team that aims to be in the top 4, perhaps higher.

Just my opinion....but I think BAE helps the Left sided midfield play better as he picks out more outlet balls. He links up better with the team movement too. Where as Rose is all about Rose.
I think Chadli would look more dangerous with BAE than Rose just like Bale does.
Just don't think Rose is clever enough for a top 5 team. Just doesnt have the range of passing to support the attack. Sure he has a good cross on him but a Full back needs to support and aid the Attacker in front of him. Where as I feel Rose is trying to be the Defender and the attacker....I thought he ignored Chadli on a few occasions today, when Chadli peeled off his marker for a second. But then Rose decided to do his own stuff. This where Walker is improving all the time, he looks for Lennons movement first and if Lennon is not availble he Walker then looks at other options.

I just feel we are gonna get picked off on the left by having moves breakdown due to Rose not playing the correct pass. Hope I'm wrong.

Thought Copoue was great today. fantastic composure, movement and range of passing. He read the opposition really well. Reminded me a little of Yaya Toure or Viera.

I thought Rose played well today. Quicker than BAE and better in the air, I think he also shows more willingness to drive forward. IMO, he'll improve as we go along and he's good enough to keep his spot in the meantime.

Had a good game, wasn't really tested so much defensively. Bar one run which he did well to stop in a one on one situation.

Was interesting going forwards, he seems to try and do that one thing too many. If he could work his decision making going forwards he would be much improved.

Haven't seen today's game so I can't comment on his performance. The problem for is we all know he has defiencies when it comes to defending, but he's not THAT good going forward to compensate for this. Would he honestly get into any other team in the top 6?

I just don't see how playing well in a struggling Sunderland side means he is good enough for a team that aims to be in the top 4, perhaps higher.

Er, If playing well for a Premier League team doesn't give you a chance to show what you can do then what would? He could either play well on loan or play badly. He played well, to me he at least deserves a chance in our squad, whether he's first choice or not is another question.

With better players around him there's always the possibility he would improve and play better.

Er, If playing well for a Premier League team doesn't give you a chance to show what you can do then what would? He could either play well on loan or play badly. He played well, to me he at least deserves a chance in our squad, whether he's first choice or not is another question.

With better players around him there's always the possibility he would improve and play better.

Playing well for a poor premier league team shouldn't give you the chance to leapfrog a much better left back who whilst been overrated by some Spurs fans, is a very competent full back who in all honesty has not done a whole lot wrong. By all means have him in the squad and have him compete with Ekotto.

Playing well for a poor premier league team shouldn't give you the chance to leapfrog a much better left back who whilst been overrated by some Spurs fans, is a very competent full back who in all honesty has not done a whole lot wrong. By all means have him in the squad and have him compete with Ekotto.

I didn't say it did.

'Whether he's first choice or not is another question'.

It seems that Benny is off, so he was never going to play. Leaving Rose the best left back remaining at the club. He had to play on that basis alone.

Put his body on the line today. Gave it everything. The way Palace lined up, the wide players had more space. He looked fantastic. Needs to mature and feel like he belongs in the side. I think he'll do well, but like Walker, polarise opinion.

Pace, commitment, good attacking game. He just has to keep calm, not foul, and make sure he defends well.

I don't see why BAE should be classed as "much better" than Rose. He might be better at some things than Rose, but Rose is also better at some things than Benny. BAE has his faults too.

IMO, the strengths that Rose has (namely, his excellent athleticism and natural willingness to provide width and drive forwards) means he's a better fit for our team than BAE is. The fact that he's been tested in the role at Sunderland means AVB has felt able to give him a chance to play for us. I don't see anything wrong with that.

BAE is a decent player and seems like a good guy. He's not Maldini though and there isn't a huge difference in quality between BAE and Rose.

I also don't think that there's very much to choose between Danny Rose and Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

The difference is that Rose has the potential to improve and surpass Benny, who as an experienced Premier League player can command a transfer fee of £10,000,000 or more.

Back