• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Not sure about Rose as our No.1 LB. Got rave reviews at Sunderland though and they supposedly "know their football" in the North-East so we'll see I guess.

Complete guesswork but Spurs may be playing Rose to get Sunderland worried enough to up their bid for him and ALSO to gee up BAE either to come into line or accept a (ITK) suggested transfer.

It is all a cunning plan and Fryers is the real new LB.

IMO playing both Walker and Rose is almost suicidal. They will both cost us goals by failing to track runs and making rash tackles.

IMO playing both Walker and Rose is almost suicidal. They will both cost us goals by failing to track runs and making rash tackles.

i think Jordi makes an important point........that is the impression i was left with after saturday, they will both do good things for us offensively but defensively neither has the brain to know whether to stick or twist. Walker's speed get him out of jail many a time.
I do like Walker as he always wants to be involved and never hides, but both starting is risky. (especially adding that risk to the set-play any minute now impending disaster!)

i think Jordi makes an important point........that is the impression i was left with after saturday, they will both do good things for us offensively but defensively neither has the brain to know whether to stick or twist. Walker's speed get him out of jail many a time.
I do like Walker as he always wants to be involved and never hides, but both starting is risky. (especially adding that risk to the set-play any minute now impending disaster!)

Why is it seen as 'getting himself out of Jail'?

Surely his positioning is based upon his pace, if he was slower he would clearly take up different positions. It's just a player using his attributes.

it just looks bad at times as he lets players get distance however he can do that because he is so fudging fast, you think there's no way he's getting back, but he does 95% of the time.

I think his speed is a massive advantage, it allows him to stay that bit further forward with the knowledge that he can catch his man, he just needs to work on going forwards when he can break with the ball.

Why is it seen as 'getting himself out of Jail'?

Surely his positioning is based upon his pace, if he was slower he would clearly take up different positions. It's just a player using his attributes.

it just looks bad at times as he lets players get distance however he can do that because he is so fudging fast, you think there's no way he's getting back, but he does 95% of the time.

I think his speed is a massive advantage, it allows him to stay that bit further forward with the knowledge that he can catch his man, he just needs to work on going forwards when he can break with the ball.

Agreed - Walker gets a lot of stick for his weaknesses, but very little appreciation for his incredible speed - he often uses it to bail the team out (when he hasn't made a mistake himself).

I would love to see a race between Walker, Bale and Lennon. I think over the first 5-10 yards the order would be Lennon - Bale - Walker, but that later on it would be Walker - Bale - Lennon.

Agreed - Walker gets a lot of stick for his weaknesses, but very little appreciation for his incredible speed - he often uses it to bail the team out (when he hasn't made a mistake himself).

I would love to see a race between Walker, Bale and Lennon. I think over the first 5-10 yards the order would be Lennon - Bale - Walker, but that later on it would be Walker - Bale - Lennon.

forget which game it was but last season there was a vid knocking around where we had all 3 breaking on an opponent from a conceded corner (iirc) only for the player in possession to either have a tame shot or misplace the final pass.

forget which game it was but last season there was a vid knocking around where we had all 3 breaking on an opponent from a conceded corner (iirc) only for the player in possession to either have a tame shot or misplace the final pass.

I remember that. Was the Bale the fastest?

was it Inter at home in the Europa League?

can't remember who was the fastest - remember Walker getting the arse as he was in a great unmarked position on the edge of the box and never got the ball played in to him though

Complete guesswork but Spurs may be playing Rose to get Sunderland worried enough to up their bid for him and ALSO to gee up BAE either to come into line or accept a (ITK) suggested transfer.

It is all a cunning plan and Fryers is the real new LB.

I believe BAE has been injured for some time and that's the real reason why he hasn't played many games

Wasn't there something about Kaboul being the fastest player over a certain distance a few years back?

I know over the summer a number of you have intimated on here that he is not good enough for us and we should sell him but I have repeatedly expressed the view that he has immense potential and will improve. I thought he was one of your better players today. Agreed defensively he needs to improve but his potential is there and today he did better than his opposite full back. Even if we do buy a new left back I hope at the very least Rose plays in all the cup games.

Back