• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

So fully fit but not in the squad, rumours he was told he wasn't started and then threw a hissy fit so Poch told him to stay away (well a theory suggested on sky sports). If so then it would seem this is the end of him but would seem odd as only the other day he was saying how he relished the competition for places.

I can see us doing some form of swap deal for Shaw.
Just can’t see us accepting a player that isn’t any where near as good without a huge lump sum

And I don’t think they will pay the £50M to bridge that gap

They have a failure on their hands in shaw don’t forget who has lost value

Just can’t see us accepting a player that isn’t any where near as good without a huge lump sum

And I don’t think they will pay the £50M to bridge that gap

They have a failure on their hands in shaw don’t forget who has lost value

But we also have a player who clearly wants out and is potentially upsetting squad morale, Rose is also much older. I agree that Rose has the higher value and I'm not suggesting a straight swap but surely there's some deal to be made there.

He's gone, I think. Poch was asked about him in his post-match presser, and he had a *long*, very obvious think about what to say before going with the 'injury recovery' justification. I don't think that was truthful. I don't know for sure, but I think he's gone.

Extort 75m from someone in January (I'm serious - January premium, and presumably ickle Danny will want to stay in England, so domestic premium on top of that) and send him packing. But *get* someone similarly pacy and dangerous offensively, because we badly need that type of player in our system and losing both Walker and Rose would be a *death blow* to the idea of having mobile wing-backs.

He's gone, I think. Poch was asked about him in his post-match presser, and he had a *long*, very obvious think about what to say before going with the 'injury recovery' justification. I don't think that was truthful. I don't know for sure, but I think he's gone.

Extort 75m from someone in January (I'm serious - January premium, and presumably ickle Danny will want to stay in England, so domestic premium on top of that) and send him packing. But *get* someone similarly pacy and dangerous offensively, because we badly need that type of player in our system and losing both Walker and Rose would be a *death blow* to the idea of having mobile wing-backs.
If it were up to me he'd be in the stiffs until August and sold then.

KWP is not too far away from being that player and he can play both sides of the goal. Certainly did well in our opening game of the season against Saudi Sportswashing Machine as well as in the Karaoke cup. Was on the bench today too. Probably needs a bit more game time but I reckon he's already good enough to save us a few quid on another defender that we'd need to bed in.

Poch was asked if there was a problem with Rose. He then did the "Poch Perplexed" look and asked the interviewer what he meant by a "problem". Then laughed it off and mentioned the lack of fitness due to injury. Which doesn't quite add up given Rose's involvement in previous match day squads, although I suppose there could be something in it as he has looked rusty. Rose seemed fine and happy in the training pics/video but, If as suggested, he was dropped for throwing his toys out of the pram at not being selected to start, that does not bode well.
I wouldn't be too happy at selling him in January. It's a risky time to get a new player in who might need bringing up to speed. But Rose needs to toe the line and if Poch says he is not fit, then he needs to work to get fit.

Rose out with Sessengon and Shaw in. I'd be happy with that, bar Shaw's wages though.
I wish Rose hadn't done that interview, the team spirit and ethos seems to set us apart from most other clubs....... Never mind.

But we also have a player who clearly wants out and is potentially upsetting squad morale, Rose is also much older. I agree that Rose has the higher value and I'm not suggesting a straight swap but surely there's some deal to be made there.

Sell him if we don’t want him but buy someone decent not shaw. Someone like Cairney or get in sessegnon. People talk about how Poch can work wonders with players well there two there with much haigehe scope than shaw and one in cairney who has more experince and would cost less

Maybe Poch was making the same kind of point with Rose he has with Edwards. Don't get above yourself or you'll find yourself in the stiffs. He (Rose) has not seemed up to speed since coming back, even so you would normally expect him to at least make the bench so imo there's probably something else going on with him.

From Football London's transcript of the post-match press conference (as opposed to the tv interviews) :

Was Danny Rose fit to play today?
He was training today.

What was your thinking behind not selecting him?
Like Lamela, after nearly one year they need to build their fitness. No?

But he played recently, so maybe it was strange that he wasn't in the squad?
No, not strange. It's strange when a player that is fit and plays regularly is out, but when you have been out for ten or 11 months out and then you start to play, sometimes the decision is it's better to train and prepare for the next game rather than be on the bench and perhaps not play and waste time.

It's not the same when you need to prepare for a game, with training. Sometimes they need different types of training to get fit and build their fitness. That is what happened with him.

Did Danny Rose react badly to not being in the squad?
Why? Why? Why would he react badly? For what?

It's just it seems a bit odd?
Like Lamela was playing with the U23s. What happened? We need to focus on the game today. I am so disappointed about the game. I don't understand your question, sorry.

Mountains and molehills?

From Football London's transcript of the post-match press conference (as opposed to the tv interviews) :

Was Danny Rose fit to play today?
He was training today.

What was your thinking behind not selecting him?
Like Lamela, after nearly one year they need to build their fitness. No?

But he played recently, so maybe it was strange that he wasn't in the squad?
No, not strange. It's strange when a player that is fit and plays regularly is out, but when you have been out for ten or 11 months out and then you start to play, sometimes the decision is it's better to train and prepare for the next game rather than be on the bench and perhaps not play and waste time.

It's not the same when you need to prepare for a game, with training. Sometimes they need different types of training to get fit and build their fitness. That is what happened with him.

Did Danny Rose react badly to not being in the squad?
Why? Why? Why would he react badly? For what?

It's just it seems a bit odd?
Like Lamela was playing with the U23s. What happened? We need to focus on the game today. I am so disappointed about the game. I don't understand your question, sorry.

Mountains and molehills?
The only thing I'd say about that is, Poch was similarly coy about Walker.

The only thing I'd say about that is, Poch was similarly coy about Walker.
Yes, that is true. And if there is an issue I wouldn't expect any different from Poch.
But I read this as a positive :
sometimes the decision is it's better to train and prepare for the next game rather than be on the bench and perhaps not play and waste time.
i.e. he'll start on Tuesday.
Of course, it could then get to a Walker-like situation where Rose perceives he is not getting picked for the 'big' games (given that beating Dortmund, whilst still important for securing an early top of the group finish, is now less important than the PL games either side of it).
I don't know. I hope there's nothing in it but we'll just have to trust Poch to do what's best I guess.

Yes, that is true. And if there is an issue I wouldn't expect any different from Poch.
But I read this as a positive :
sometimes the decision is it's better to train and prepare for the next game rather than be on the bench and perhaps not play and waste time.
i.e. he'll start on Tuesday.
Of course, it could then get to a Walker-like situation where Rose perceives he is not getting picked for the 'big' games (given that beating Dortmund, whilst still important for securing an early top of the group finish, is now less important than the PL games either side of it).
I don't know. I hope there's nothing in it but we'll just have to trust Poch to do what's best I guess.
History tells me that at the very least Poch is strongly asserting his authority here. He will never brook any nonsense from any player - ever - and rightly so. Rose has to either suck it up or he is gone.

If Rose got the hump for not being picked to start, he really would be a massive idiot. He’s already been given way more of a lifeline than most other players would get - purely because the alternative for us is to directly strengthen a rival, so we are making the best of a bad situation rather than burning an asset completely - and he seemed to be doing ok and understanding the chance he got. But if he thought he deserved to be straight back in given how well Davies has been playing, and how long he has been out, and what he flipping did with The Sun, he really is an idiot.

If this is what happened - I think Poch bought a huge amount of respect from the squad by allowing Rose back in. A long serving, respected and quality player who a lot of the players like, and probably think he will be able to contribute. To banish him to the reserves for a year might have looked pettty because all the players buy into his discipline anyway and know Rose was stupid, they aren’t going to start taking liberties because of it. But if Rose has kicked up any sort of fuss now. I think Poch has total justification to stick him in the reserves for the rest of the year. He gave Rose way more rope than he deserved, and he hung himself.

....or maybe he really did need to stay behind and train.

Rose out with Sessengon and Shaw in. I'd be happy with that, bar Shaw's wages though.
I wish Rose hadn't done that interview, the team spirit and ethos seems to set us apart from most other clubs....... Never mind.

It has to be Sessegnon in for me. Big offer to Fulham in Jan (and early not Jan 31). Him and Davies fight for the LB spot, or if Shaw is included in any deal for Rose, we could offer to loan Sessegno back to Fulham as a sweetener in that deal

It has to be Sessegnon in for me. Big offer to Fulham in Jan (and early not Jan 31). Him and Davies fight for the LB spot, or if Shaw is included in any deal for Rose, we could offer to loan Sessegno back to Fulham as a sweetener in that deal

Sessegnon could easily be that wide pacey player for us much like bale was

Shaw I’m simply not a fan of and would put him on par with most hyped up ex Southampton players who in reality we’re never that good

Last edited:
We also missed a beat by not looking at Ryan Fredericks (old boy) in the right wingback role. Watched him a few time and has impressed.
"Our Serge" scares the brick out of me when watching him play. His performance for the Ivory Coast the other day definitely labels him 'a work in progress' spurs wise. Poch has his work cut out there!

Back