• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Cover at LB isn't the only thing Rose offers. When Bale moved from LM to effectively a free role, we were short of a left sided player. It doesnt matter so much with Bale and/or Lennon fit, as we retain a certain amount of width and threat. But we've seen recently that we really don't have a left sided midfielder. Sigurdson has done a very good job out there but is too predictable as our only option.

I like Rose from what I've seen this season. However, Caulker was top meant to be brilliant for Swansea and though he's been okay for us, I think most are disappointed at the levels he's shown for us. I'm not saying Caulker wont develop or has been bad, but if most are honest, I think after the reviews he got for Swansea we were expecting a bit more from him. I'm sure he will step up, but I think we all thought he was further along in his development than he is.

Likewise Sig was a star a Swansea and has struggled for us. The same is true for Dempsey at Fulham. Pienaar looks excellent for Everton, but for us he was average.

I disagree with Dempsey. He has shown his Fulham form for us. He had one exceptional season, but when you look a his career there he has scored around ten for the majority of the seasons he was there. He's scored ten for us this season too.

He is a victim of his own success. He is being measured alongside the best season that he ever had. He was a good purchase and has been a useful member of the squad.

Sig and Caulker are young, so they have time on their side at the very least.

Pienaar required Baines. Just as Baines didn't look as good when Pienaar was not there. Some players just click like that, like Lennon and Corluka.

I disagree with Dempsey. He has shown his Fulham form for us. He had one exceptional season, but when you look a his career there he has scored around ten for the majority of the seasons he was there. He's scored ten for us this season too.

He is a victim of his own success. He is being measured alongside the best season that he ever had. He was a good purchase and has been a useful member of the squad.

Pienaar required Baines. Just as Baines didn't look as good when Pienaar was not there. Some players just click like that, like Lennon and Corluka.

Dempsey really hasn't played that many games for us this season and has barely figured behind Adebayor.

But my point is that it's dangerous to judge Danny Rose's ability to be ready to play for next season based on his season at Sunderland. I'm not saying that any of the players I mentioned aren't good per se. But that what they did the previous season season at another club, was at a higher level than what they were able to achieve in their season with us. Hence Rose doing so well for Sunderland doesn't mean all that much for his prospects for us next season, based on the examples of the players I've mentioned.

I actually think Townsend is more likely to struggle to impress with us that Rose and he's arguably been more impressive.

But my point is that it's dangerous to judge Danny Rose's ability to be ready to play for next season based on his season at Sunderland. I'm not saying that any of the players I mentioned aren't good per se. But that what they did the previous season season at another club, was at a higher level than what they were able to achieve in their season with us. Hence Rose doing so well for Sunderland doesn't mean all that much for his prospects for us next season, based on the examples of the players I've mentioned.

I actually think Townsend is more likely to struggle to impress with us that Rose and he's arguably been more impressive.

True, some will not do well. However it's extremely difficult to tell. Walker came back and had a good first full season with us.

The only way to tell is to play them, therein lies the challenge.

I do agree with Townsend struggling more. Teams are more likely to give him space at QPR, whereas at Spurs they will not.

Sunderland fans comments and his goal against the scum are more than enough reason to keep him around next season. Would love to see him make it with us.

Cover at LB isn't the only thing Rose offers. When Bale moved from LM to effectively a free role, we were short of a left sided player. It doesnt matter so much with Bale and/or Lennon fit, as we retain a certain amount of width and threat. But we've seen recently that we really don't have a left sided midfielder. Sigurdson has done a very good job out there but is too predictable as our only option.

Rose really is up to playing left midfield; he's a LB and should be back to challenge Benny for that position next year

Townsend's development should mean that we have cover wide left and his return in the summer will give us some desperately needed additional width

I think he's better than Naughton as a left back. Should be good enough for our squad next season regardless of if the first choice is Ekotto or some new player. I wouldn't be comfortable with Rose as our first choice, but I think he can get some games and hopefully keep developing.

It seems that he's been improving his defending this season, that was the main question with him as a left back when he went out on loan since he was moved back as a fullback not that long ago. If he can keep improving his defending he could become a very good player.

He's said before right that he's not willing to be a squad player?

If that's the case I wouldn't mind sending him out on loan again, probably Sunderland would take him another season...

I think a lot of what players say gets interpreted wrongly or inflated, he might have just been saying that he wanted first team football at that stage of his career?

Part of being a squad player means a chance to fight for your place in the team, Ekotto has been shaky this season, if it's between the two of them next season I think Rose would be getting quite a few games both due to rotation and due to being a good player.

If that's the case I wouldn't mind sending him out on loan again, probably Sunderland would take him another season...

I think a lot of what players say gets interpreted wrongly or inflated, he might have just been saying that he wanted first team football at that stage of his career?

Part of being a squad player means a chance to fight for your place in the team, Ekotto has been shaky this season, if it's between the two of them next season I think Rose would be getting quite a few games both due to rotation and due to being a good player.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/s...-settle-for-life-on-the-bench-61634-32753523/

Perhaps he'll be happy with rotation with the view to becoming a starter in the future?

Don't think another loan is an option as he won't sign a new contract unless he's given game time at Spurs.
Sending him out again is pretty much letting him leave a year later at a cut price.
This summer it's either about having faith in him or sell him at peak value of his current contract.

Danny Rose hasn’t given up hope of winning a place in Tottenham’s first team when his season-long loan at Sunderland comes to an end.

The 22-year-old full-back has found himself in a relegation battle at Sunderland while Spurs have been pushing for a top-four place.

Rose, valued at £8million, admits that he had been in talks with former Sunderland boss Martin O’Neill over a move but will wait until the end of the season before making a decision on his future.

He said: “It’s not the time to go speaking to the new manager about what he wants for next season. The main priority is to have Premier League status for next year. I know what I want to do next year and we will just see what happens.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/danny-rose-could-still-have-a-future-at-tottenham-8587975.html

If Benny is off in the summer like some believe could happen then he has a shot at breaking into the first team, heard some great reviews about his season up north.

I don't know why Danny Rose gets slagged off so much on here, he clearly has a decent future at LB.

No way is he good enough to play for us at LB

His performance last night was a revelation. Looked ten times better than he does in the Prem. Boys and men I suppose.

He looked good against a team of semi-amateur 'players' from a country with population smaller than WHL.

I wish him well for the future and hope he goes on to establish a solid career somewhere but he made BAE look like Fabio Coentrao.

Ahead of the curve.

Back