• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

He hasn't really, he's just had a chance to play consistent games. People expect the finished article at 19 and was unfairly written off as a joke, well we can see who the joke is on now.

He hasn't really, he's just had a chance to play consistent games. People expect the finished article at 19 and was unfairly written off as a joke, well we can see who the joke is on now.

Which is why he has improved massively.

Maybe he has and maybe he hasn't, personally I think if we hadn't had Benny at the club then he could've been first choice from the end of 10/11 onwards. The point is only a small minority of fans saw his quality from the beginning whereas the rest wrote him off like the typical modern day football fan.

Maybe he has and maybe he hasn't, personally I think if we hadn't had Benny at the club then he could've been first choice from the end of 10/11 onwards. The point is only a small minority of fans saw his quality from the beginning whereas the rest wrote him off like the typical modern day football fan.

Replace the word 'quality' with 'potential' and then maybe you'd be right. He wasn't good enough to start for us. You're even agreeing with that statement.

'If we hadn't had Benny at the club...'

Exactly, because Benny was a better left back than Rose. Maybe still is. I can't tell right now.

There's a difference between thinking he's not as good currently as a very good and experienced left back and thinking he's completely brick.

There's a difference between thinking he's not as good currently as a very good and experienced left back and thinking he's completely brick.

Come on Rossi .. don't you know all Spurs players are either World Class or total brick/Championship level?

There is. Rose is a much improved player, not sure i would like him as a starting left back yet though. Young players are rarely consistent. Walker would likely have had an easier time if he could have been rotated with a more experienced player when his form dropped.

Though you could also argue that young players might learn that consistency by battling through the bad form they have. Though the team and fans would have to understand that if that is how we go.

He still has a rashness about him that will not go down well, hopefully he can get rid of it before he gets sent off again.

Last edited:
He's only a much improved player because it suits you(after you'd written him off). He was putting in impressive performances two seasons ago. The problem was last season, after only the odd sub appearance here and there, he was asked to start the final four games for the injured BAE, he looked understandably rusty and put in a silly challenge at Villa Park where he was just desperate to impress. Spurs fans threw a hissy, blamed him for us not winning and never wanted to see him again.

And right on cue, you confirm that with your last line.

He's only a much improved player because it suits you(after you'd written him off). He was putting in impressive performances two seasons ago. The problem was last season, after only the odd sub appearance here and there, he was asked to start the final four games for the injured BAE, he looked understandably rusty and put in a silly challenge at Villa Park where he was just desperate to impress. Spurs fans threw a hissy, blamed him for us not winning and never wanted to see him again.

And right on cue, you confirm that with your last line.

No, he's a much improved player because he's looked far better at Sunderland than he ever looked for Spurs. He looked much below premier league quality at every single loan spell he has had previous to this one.

I'm not actually referring the the red card at Villa Park, he's thrown himself around a bit at Sunderland and there have been tackles that have left me surprised that he has stayed on the pitch.

It's like people aren't allowed to have differing opinions to yours.

I reckon people base him just on that Villa game as it sticks out like a sore thumb. I find it amazing that people can forget his performances against Liverpool at Anfield and City at the Etihad. For someone I believe playing his first games at left back, he was outstanding.

Two games is not enough to make any conclusive statements about a player. Overall his Spurs performances have been average. I haven't seen enough of Sunderland to say if he really is as good as they think or if it's just his attacking play making him a shining light in a brick team.

Two games is not enough to make any conclusive statements about a player. Overall his Spurs performances have been average. I haven't seen enough of Sunderland to say if he really is as good as they think or if it's just his attacking play making him a shining light in a brick team.

You get a rough idea. Turns out those two games were enough for me as I was right about him being a decent left back considering his performances for Sunderland this year.

Yes but are you one of those who wrote him off based on very little and have ignored his performances this season. Or you've actually given him a fair chance, watched him play numerous times this season and still don't think he's worth it?

There is. Rose is a much improved player, not sure i would like him as a starting left back yet though. Young players are rarely consistent. Walker would likely have had an easier time if he could have been rotated with a more experienced player when his form dropped.

Though you could also argue that young players might learn that consistency by battling through the bad form they have. Though the team and fans would have to understand that if that is how we go.

He still has a rashness about him that will not go down well, hopefully he can get rid of it before he gets sent off again.

I don't worry about the past normally but how Harry wrecked the Spurs' careers of Pav, Krankie and especially Corluka still rankles.

In his first spell at left back he was IMO better than Benny that season and looked revelation .

In his second spell he looked average but not as bad as some might say. He has been judged based on the sending off against Villa

This season he has been the 2nd/3rd best left back in the league and better than anyone we have had play there. He would IMO be a starter next season over Benny when we sell him and he will have some great games and some poor ones but he looks better than a lot of left backs we have had in the last 10 years and he costs us nothing (thing LYP, Atouba and then look at Rosé)

Back