• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Yup, I did come off a tad harsh. I think I was just thinking about the situation if I was personally in his shoes.

DANNY Rose will be a Sunderland player for the rest of the season after Spurs allowed their recall clause on the England Under 21 international to lapse.

The news is a big relief to Black Cats boss Martin O’Neill, who had been sweating on the Londoners’ option to take the defender back to White Hart Lane in the January transfer window.

Rose has caught the eye in the first half of the campaign with some stand-out performances for Sunderland.

And O’Neill was wary of Rose’s fine form perhaps tempting Spurs to recall him, especially as preferred first-choice left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto had been injured for most of the season.

When Spurs played Sunderland at the Stadium of Light last month manager Andre Villas-Boas hinted Rose might remain with the Black Cats for the rest of the campaign.

But there was always a chance that Spurs could change their mind or that further injuries would force their hand.

If Spurs did decide to recall Rose, they had to do so before a set date to give Sunderland a chance to find a replacement before the transfer window closes at the end of January.

And that recall deadline has now passed without any contact from the Londoners, which means Rose – currently on his way back from a hamstring problem – will see out the rest of the season with Sunderland.

“The loan deal contained an option for Spurs to recall Danny this month, but they had to exercise that option by January 17,” O’Neill explained.

“I’m pleased to say that they haven’t done so, so he will be with us for the rest of the season and that is really good news.

“I know that Andre Villas-Boas said last month that he intended to let him stay here for the season and I never felt he would change his mind – unless, of course, they had injury problems.

“But at least we now know for sure.

“Danny has done very well for us in the first half of the season and hopefully he will continue where he left off when he recovers from his hamstring injury.”

O’Neill is prepared to sign Rose permanently at the end of the season but Villas-Boas seemed to rule that out in December, insisting such a move would be”’impossible”.

Since then though Spurs have since spent £3m on another young left-back, signing ex-Manchester United man Zeki Fryers from Belgian side Standard Liege and that may change things.

And, with Rose having already made public his desire to move to Wearside permanent, Sunderland will test Spurs’ resolve again at the end of the season.

Rose’s performances have been one of the highlights of Sunderland’s season, with him being brave and athletic in defence and quick to get forward to support attacks.

But he is currently on the treatment table after being forced off midway through the first half in Sunderland’s 2-2 FA Cup third round draw at Bolton two-and-a-half weeks ago.

O’Neill says Rose is making steady progress, although it seems unlikely he will feature in Sunderland’s next game against Swansea City at the Stadium of Light next Tuesday night.

O’Neill revealed: “Danny is getting there, and we’re hoping that he might be back training again in another week or so.”

So far this season, Rose has made 18 appearances for the Black Cats in all competitions.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/safc-news/sunderland-boss-s-joy-at-rose-stay-1-5342153

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Danny Rose thread on Sunderland forum:
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=776462
All the usual talk: their best player today, best outfield player of the season, wanting to pay around £10m for him, next England left back

Sorry to rain on any parades but my mates were talking to his Dad at the derby and he doesn't expect him to be here next season - Spurs want him back and 'around' the first team.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=776462&page=3#ixzz2R2O3bx1V

Danny Danny Rooooooooose Danny Danny Rooooooooooose.

surely the point of sending a young player on loan to a premier league club is to see how they fair - he has proven himself to be a worthy premier league LB so now we give him the chance to show what he can do for us.

10 million for a proven premier league defender is hardly an offer we cannot refuse

surely the point of sending a young player on loan to a premier league club is to see how they fair - he has proven himself to be a worthy premier league LB so now we give him the chance to show what he can do for us.

10 million for a proven premier league defender is hardly an offer we cannot refuse

For a 22 year old who's had 1 good season in the premier league, I'd say it is.

Rose has been among the better left backs in the Premier League this season,
at an age which is the same as Benny's first season at Spurs.
Not many was impressed with Benny to begin with.
Think people shouldn't hold Rose's performances as a late teenager and 20-21 year old against him,
it's a progress and he's taken a huge step this season.

Rose's performances at Anfield and The Etihad at the end of the 10/11 season were enough for me to see he was going to be a good player, yet literally 95% of Spurs fans thought he was League 1 standard.

Rose has been among the better left backs in the Premier League this season,
at an age which is the same as Benny's first season at Spurs.
Not many was impressed with Benny to begin with.
Think people shouldn't hold Rose's performances as a late teenager and 20-21 year old against him,
it's a progress and he's taken a huge step this season.

I remember watching Ekotto in a friendly, think it was against Sociedad? and thought he looked unbelievable. It's a shame he looked so out of his depth in the league in his first season, subbed off at HT in the NLD etc. then got the injury.

Back