• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I don't worry about the past normally but how Harry wrecked the Spurs' careers of Pav, Krankie and especially Corluka still rankles.

I hate to take this thread off topic but, since you already have, it's ridiculous to claim that Harry wrecked those players" Spurs careers.

Pav was his own worst enemy - rarely showing enough desire or courage (not to mention having an appalling first touch anywhere but in front of goal). And Charlie and Crunchie were simply unlucky that there were better (or more in form) players in their position.

Pav's main crime was not being Crouch.
If you have little legs like Defoe you look busy whenever you run. It's no coincidence that skilful yes skilful players like Pav and Corluka are labelled as slow or lazy.

If you do play for us regularly, I would just like to appologise to Danny Rose for the future slatings you will get, for the amount of times you will be transfer listed by the fans on here and for the absoultely foul abuse you will get.

Stay where you are dude.

I've only watched Rose a handful of times this season (I found it hard to willingly watch any Martin O'Neill side), but from what I've seen I've been impressed. I was interested to see what he was like defensively, as I thought that a lot of the praise from Sunderland fans may have been down to him showing some attacking flair in an otherwise dull team.

Both against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Man United he was very solid, in particular against the Geordies. His positioning is good (his pace helps here too) and he's got a great leap, but tackling wise he still has that propensity to dive in recklessly. I don't know why that is, maybe it's like when a ball falls to a center back in the opposition box and they just smash it because they don't know what else to do.

I'd like to see him involved next season. Walker, Benny, Naughton and Rose would be a good quartet to have at full back, with Smith and Fryers hopefully getting at least Championship experience out on loan.

I'd like to see him involved next season. Walker, Benny, Naughton and Rose would be a good quartet to have at full back, with Smith and Fryers hopefully getting at least Championship experience out on loan.

Agree with that quartet. I honestly dont know why we'd sell Benny as signing a better replacement would cost upwards of £10m and we need to be spending all the cash we have on a CF,CM and another forwards. We wont have hte cash to burn on a LB. Stability is also vastly under-rated

Pav's main crime was not being Crouch.
If you have little legs like Defoe you look busy whenever you run. It's no coincidence that skilful yes skilful players like Pav and Corluka are labelled as slow or lazy.

Pav's main crime was actually not being Berbatov or Kanoute. Both players could, on occasion, look disinterested - just like Pav - but both were physical when they needed to be and both were magicians on the ball and could thread together our attacking play superbly.

When Pav wasn't in front of goal, by contrast, he was generally a waste of space. He was a one dimensional player. Skillful in front of goal, but with the touch of an elephant in any other area of the pitch. Simply not good enough for a team like ours. He clearly didn't fancy the physical side of the game and all too often failed to show anything like the required level of desire. We could not / cannot afford to carry players like that.

Could have done with Kranjcar this season. More talented than Dempsey or Siggurdsson for me. Would have been good coming off the left with Bale inside.

I know he might not run around like AVB wants.

So many more positions we need to upgrade before left or right back. Rose could be a good option but for me not at the expense of Ekotto

I do agree with Townsend struggling more. Teams are more likely to give him space at QPR, whereas at Spurs they will not.

Alternatively, one could argue that if Townsend is playing in a team that includes for instance Lennon on the right flank, a new top quality striker, Bale playing just behind this striker that Townsend would find a lot of space on the left because opposing teams would be more concerned with the other players mentioned. Bottom line until we see him playing regularly ina full strength Spurs team we can only speculate how we he will perform

So many more positions we need to upgrade before left or right back. Rose could be a good option but for me not at the expense of Ekotto

It might simple depend on how where both players fair in preseason. The fact that AVB has often preferred Naughton or Vertonghan ahead of BAE gives rise to the belief that he is not convinced that he has a long term future as our first choice left back

It might simple depend on how where both players fair in preseason. The fact that AVB has often preferred Naughton or Vertonghan ahead of BAE gives rise to the belief that he is not convinced that he has a long term future as our first choice left back

He also had Dawson behind Kaboul, Gallas, Caulker. Things can change quite easily. Benny started the last game. Maybe he's now back in favour? I think people jump to conclusions too quickly.

Alternatively, one could argue that if Townsend is playing in a team that includes for instance Lennon on the right flank, a new top quality striker, Bale playing just behind this striker that Townsend would find a lot of space on the left because opposing teams would be more concerned with the other players mentioned. Bottom line until we see him playing regularly ina full strength Spurs team we can only speculate how we he will perform

Not really, the concept is that teams tend to sit back far more against us than they do against QPR. Such that none of our players have any space to run into.

It requires more intricate passing. Townsend has shown he is good with space, but I've not seen him in tight corners enough to know how he'll do for us against the 'park the bus' teams, and that's generally about half the league.

Last edited:
Not really, the concept is that teams tend to sit back far more against us than they do against QPR. Such that none of our players have any space to run into.

It requires more intricate passing. Townsend has shown he is good with space, but I've not seen him in tight corners enough to know how he'll do for us against the 'park the bus' teams, and that's generally about half the league.

Well I hope you see enough of him next season in a Spurs shirt. Suffice to say I have seen enough of him to believe he deserves a place in our first term squad next season.

He also had Dawson behind Kaboul, Gallas, Caulker. Things can change quite easily. Benny started the last game. Maybe he's now back in favour? I think people jump to conclusions too quickly.

Suffice to say I think BAE has been no more than ordinary this season. Methinks if not for the fact that he has attained cult status among many Spurs fans he would be getting much more stick.

Suffice to say I think BAE has been no more than ordinary this season. Methinks if not for the fact that he has attained cult status among many Spurs fans he would be getting much more stick.

I think the injuries and the Cup of Nations have made him have a bit of a start stop season, but you are right, he's been very ordinary and not looked overly pumped up to be playing at times

I think the injuries and the Cup of Nations have made him have a bit of a start stop season, but you are right, he's been very ordinary and not looked overly pumped up to be playing at times

Are we supposed to be surprised by this? He's admitted that his main motivation for playing is money. Of course, the money he earns ties in with how well he plays, but you can't tell me sometimes he doesn't think, oh well, I'm going to get paid brick loads this week/year anyway. He's still easily than Rose, but I would like to see us go and buy a better left back. The thought of Rose and Walker as our two full backs next season is a worrying prospect for me.

Are we supposed to be surprised by this? He's admitted that his main motivation for playing is money. Of course, the money he earns ties in with how well he plays, but you can't tell me sometimes he doesn't think, oh well, I'm going to get paid brick loads this week/year anyway. He's still easily than Rose, but I would like to see us go and buy a better left back. The thought of Rose and Walker as our two full backs next season is a worrying prospect for me.

Wekk he is on the bench today

Well they will be so you better start preparing yourself now.

Back