• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Ings - Burnley's Number 10

We'll have 2 games a week - there will be plenty of game time for him. Remember he'd be replacing both Ade and Soldado.

Both he and Kane are versatile enough to play across the AM trio too.

But he won't be first choice is the point, he will always be the backup to Kane who will start all the big important games, even when he does start he will always be the one getting subbed off etc. I wouldn't want to see that.

I also doubt he'd be suitable for an AM role either, doesn't seem suited to me and we are already well stocked in that area.

yes.....maybe he prefers to stay in the north west, maybe Liverpool are offering a bigger salary, maybe he was a Liverpool fan as a kid upload_2015-5-28_9-19-0.pngWho knows, but there has been a lot of talk already that he has secretly agreed financial terms with Liverpool and its just the clubs that need to sort out a fee.

Why stay in the NW? He's from and lived nearly all his life in Hampshire.

If he's informally agreed personal terms but the clubs are still £7m apart in valuation, that's nowhere near as close as us if we've agreed a fee and been given official permission to speak to him

But he won't be first choice is the point, he will always be the backup to Kane who will start all the big important games, even when he does start he will always be the one getting subbed off etc. I wouldn't want to see that.

I also doubt he'd be suitable for an AM role either, doesn't seem suited to me and we are already well stocked in that area.

We'll only have one other forward. If he goes to Liverpool they'll have 4 or 5 others. From a career point of view, I think we're a sensible choice for him. There's also evidence that forwards like him excel under Poch (Kane, Rodriguez), whereas Liverpool has become a striker's graveyard.

He used to play LWF in his first season at Burnley (when Rodriguez was at CF)

Why stay in the NW? He's from and lived nearly all his life in Hampshire.

If he's informally agreed personal terms but the clubs are still £7m apart in valuation, that's nowhere near as close as us if we've agreed a fee and been given official permission to speak to him

things change. Pressure from his wife/girlfriend to remain up there?

Why do we need a striker to hold the ball up? We are a possession side. What our style needs is an intelligent mobile forward who runs the channels. Like Kane or Ings.

When do we ever play long balls and get someone to hold it up? We don't even leave a player up when defending set pieces. And at worse we just stick Dembele at #10 to do that job.

Benteke only because effective when Timmeh abandoned Lambert's passing game and went long ball. Do you want us to do the same - long balls from Fazio bypassing midfield? Ade was so ineffective for us this season not because of his mental problems, but because he's too static for our style of play. Benteke would have exactly the same problems (and I strongly predict will 'Andy Carroll it' when he goes to Liverpool).

Berahino's biggest problems are off-field - he's just another Ravel Morrison

Not true GB on so many levels.

Benteke the man for me .. Ings decent but this Spurs team needs presence . Can be the bobby smith battering ram for Spurs with Kane playing off him ala greaves !!!! Levy will go cheap though so no chance but a fit in the mood benteke and he causes serious problems .. Add Kane to that and sorted for years ... Ings doesn't have that power or pace or hold up ability ..

Personally think this ings bid is way to flush out Liverpool a bit and get benteke instead maybe

My thoughts as well, I think the price would be beyond us but Benteke would be perfect. From what I have seen of Ings I am not sure he would be a good buy and especially not at 12 million.

things change. Pressure from his wife/girlfriend to remain up there?

Have you ever been to Burnley? Seriously, probably only Middlesbrough rivals it as the grimmest place in the entire UK. The only positive thing I can say about it is that Hebden Bridge is only 30 miles away.

We'll only have one other forward. If he goes to Liverpool they'll have 4 or 5 others. From a career point of view, I think we're a sensible choice for him. There's also evidence that forwards like him excel under Poch (Kane, Rodriguez), whereas Liverpool has become a striker's graveyard.

He used to play LWF in his first season at Burnley (when Rodriguez was at CF)

Well that assumes both Soldado and Ade leave, I think only Ade will leave personally. I still think he will want regular first team football as in starting big games, he has said he doesn't want to move somewhere he's 2nd choice.

If he performs well at Liverpool then he would start alongside Sturridge, they only played one or none up front because their strikers were all horrendously out of form. On the other hand you could say look how well Suarez and Sturridge have performed there etc.

He would be better off going somewhere like Southampton, Villa or Stoke as his next move.

I think Ings is perfect for us. He reminds me a lot of Kane - which is exactly what we need for his deputy.

Austin is a bit agricultural and Benteke too one-dimensional. Ings is an intelligent hardworking player - the perfect Poch forward
Personally I think Austin is the one who is more like Kane. I don't see him as an 'agricultural' player at all, but instead one who has good control, good balance, two good feet and excellent shooting ability. He is also a player who works hard for the team. I wonder whether sometimes you look at a player, see that they have physical attributes and then instantly dismiss them as being players for a long ball team without really watching them properly (I think you do the same with Benteke as well as Austin).

I think Ings would be 'OK' to partner Harry Kane, but I think the team would suffer if we were to give Kane a rest and ask Ings to play as the number 9. If we do bring in Ings then we will also need to purchase another number 9 this summer to provide back-up challenge to Harry Kane.

Why do we need a striker to hold the ball up? We are a possession side. What our style needs is an intelligent mobile forward who runs the channels. Like Kane or Ings.

When do we ever play long balls and get someone to hold it up? We don't even leave a player up when defending set pieces. And at worse we just stick Dembele at #10 to do that job.

Benteke only because effective when Timmeh abandoned Lambert's passing game and went long ball. Do you want us to do the same - long balls from Fazio bypassing midfield? Ade was so ineffective for us this season not because of his mental problems, but because he's too static for our style of play. Benteke would have exactly the same problems (and I strongly predict will 'Andy Carroll it' when he goes to Liverpool).

Berahino's biggest problems are off-field - he's just another Ravel Morrison

Every team needs to hold the ball up. We go long to Kane on a not too irregular basis and Kane does a reasonably decent job of holding the ball up for us. I don't think Ings would get anywhere near matching that.

It is interesting that you take one drink driving incident from Berahino and assume he must be another Ravel Morrison. Perhaps Berahino will use that as the wake up call that it should act as?

Well that assumes both Soldado and Ade leave, I think only Ade will leave personally. I still think he will want regular first team football as in starting big games, he has said he doesn't want to move somewhere he's 2nd choice.

If he performs well at Liverpool then he would start alongside Sturridge, they only played one or none up front because their strikers were all horrendously out of form. On the other hand you could say look how well Suarez and Sturridge have performed there etc.

He would be better off going somewhere like Southampton, Villa or Stoke as his next move.
If Soldado is still part of our squad next season then it will be clear that the club has no ambition to improve.

He won't be easy to shift either so that might play a part in it.
I doubt anyone will pay anything but a token fee for him so we might have to loan him out (and perhaps even subsidise his wages if we do so).

Levy might even prefer to do this until the point that Soldado can walk away for nothing as that way we won't show a big loss on our books.

I doubt anyone will pay anything but a token fee for him so we might have to loan him out (and perhaps even subsidise his wages if we do so).

Levy might even prefer to do this until the point that Soldado can walk away for nothing as that way we won't show a big loss on our books.
You'd think there'd be takers from La Liga for a loan deal, without subsidised wages. Also puts him in the shop window.

You'd think there'd be takers from La Liga for a loan deal, without subsidised wages. Also puts him in the shop window.
The problem is that there aren't many big payers in La Liga. None of the big three will want him, which only really leaves Seville and Valencia and I'm not sure either need him, nor will want him.

Have the Spanish league sorted out the TV money redistribution thing yet?
Maybe a few of the lesser lights of that league are in for a windfall and would like an ageing Spanish ex-international striker.

Have you ever been to Burnley? Seriously, probably only Middlesbrough rivals it as the grimmest place in the entire UK. The only positive thing I can say about it is that Hebden Bridge is only 30 miles away.

Yeah but I doubt a rich footballer lives in Burnley town centre

Back