• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Ings - Burnley's Number 10

Personally I think Austin is the one who is more like Kane. I don't see him as an 'agricultural' player at all, but instead one who has good control, good balance, two good feet and excellent shooting ability. He is also a player who works hard for the team. I wonder whether sometimes you look at a player, see that they have physical attributes and then instantly dismiss them as being players for a long ball team without really watching them properly (I think you do the same with Benteke as well as Austin).

I think Ings would be 'OK' to partner Harry Kane, but I think the team would suffer if we were to give Kane a rest and ask Ings to play as the number 9. If we do bring in Ings then we will also need to purchase another number 9 this summer to provide back-up challenge to Harry Kane.

Is be very happy with Austin. I think he has more goals in him than Ings and imo will be a great back up for Kane as well as a potential
partner if we decide to drop Kane back a bit

Every team needs to hold the ball up. We go long to Kane on a not too irregular basis and Kane does a reasonably decent job of holding the ball up for us. I don't think Ings would get anywhere near matching that.

It is interesting that you take one drink driving incident from Berahino and assume he must be another Ravel Morrison. Perhaps Berahino will use that as the wake up call that it should act as?

I remember a Certain Rio Ferdinand getting a drink driving conviction... He didn't turn out too bad

Is be very happy with Austin. I think he has more goals in him than Ings and imo will be a great back up for Kane as well as a potential
partner if we decide to drop Kane back a bit

My concern with Austin is that he played his best football last season alongside Zamora and he would not going to get many games off a target man for us

I keep saying surely someone at Spurs can scout and get in a top player from Spain and use soldado / fazio as bait .. Surely few clubs in Spain be interested .. Even Madrid as a back up striker ..

I keep saying surely someone at Spurs can scout and get in a top player from Spain and use soldado / fazio as bait .. Surely few clubs in Spain be interested .. Even Madrid as a back up striker ..

This is the second post I have read of yours which suggests Fazio is on his way out, what makes you think that is going to happen?

Soldado was the standout best striker in Spain not at one of the big 3. There isn't much depth of quality in that league.

I'd also rather we only looked at faster-paced league like Germany for players for the time being.

Soldado was the standout best striker in Spain not at one of the big 3. There isn't much depth of quality in that league.

I'd also rather we only looked at faster-paced league like Germany for players for the time being.

Lack of depth of quality and yet Sevilla have won the EL these last two seasons, whilst clubs like Bilbao and Sociedad have made great cameos in the Champions League. Heck not too long ago Villareal were punching well above their weight in the UCL too.

Soldado flopped not because there are no other decent strikers outside of the Spanish big three. He flopped because he was hopelessly incapable of coping with the fast paced physically challenging game that is played in the Premier League - something AVB was incompetent in realising....

I would take a swap with Bacca any time though I doubt Sevilla would even consider replying to our call, after what happened with Fazio.

Reactions: DTA
I really dont understand teh excitement about Ings - he doesnt appear to be a like for like back-up to Kane to me, and is he really able to play up top on his own? He's not big and doesnt seem to have more than average pace. To me, the player from teh recent past who he most closely resembles is Robbie Keane, and he always needed someone up with him

I really dont understand teh excitement about Ings - he doesnt appear to be a like for like back-up to Kane to me, and is he really able to play up top on his own? He's not big and doesnt seem to have more than average pace. To me, the player from teh recent past who he most closely resembles is Robbie Keane, and he always needed someone up with him

I'm with you here.... I also see Ings as a Robbie Keane type of player, only Ings is nowhere near as good a player as Keane was (I'm not disrespecting Ings as a player here as I think he is PL quality, just nowhere near the ability level of Keane, who was actually pretty special)

Didn't Burnley play a 4-4-2 system this season with Ings playing as the second striker, alongside Vokes, who was more the number 9 type of player? I don't see Ings as the out and out number 9 replacing Harry Kane and I can't see Pochettino switching to a 4-4-2, so in our 4-2-3-1 that either means Ings playing as our attacking central midfielder instead of Eriksen or him playing instead of Chadli or Lamela as a wide midfielder (and I'm not sure Ings is ready as a player to play in any of those 3 roles for us)

Signing Ings strikes me as another 'opportunistic' type signing like Pienaar and Holtby, where we are signing a player due to their contract situation and resulting value instead of thinking about what we actually need - which IMO is a striker who can successfully play number 9 in the PL (such as Austin, Benteke or even Gomis) or a pacy attacker who can play both through the middle or as a wide forward (such a Berahino or Remy)

I'm with you here.... I also see Ings as a Robbie Keane type of player, only Ings is nowhere near as good a player as Keane was (I'm not disrespecting Ings as a player here as I think he is PL quality, just nowhere near the ability level of Keane, who was actually pretty special)

Didn't Burnley play a 4-4-2 system this season with Ings playing as the second striker, alongside Vokes, who was more the number 9 type of player? I don't see Ings as the out and out number 9 replacing Harry Kane and I can't see Pochettino switching to a 4-4-2, so in our 4-2-3-1 that either means Ings playing as our attacking central midfielder instead of Eriksen or him playing instead of Chadli or Lamela as a wide midfielder (and I'm not sure Ings is ready as a player to play in any of those 3 roles for us)

Signing Ings strikes me as another 'opportunistic' type signing like Pienaar and Holtby, where we are signing a player due to their contract situation and resulting value instead of thinking about what we actually need - which IMO is a striker who can successfully play number 9 in the PL (such as Austin, Benteke or even Gomis) or a pacy attacker who can play both through the middle or as a wide forward (such a Berahino or Remy)

We don't have the money to sign a like for like replacement that is at the same level, best we could do for that is someone nearing retirement or a kid. What we can do is sign someone who can both fill in if necessary and play other positions.

I think Ings would be very good in our line-up and we should remember he's still, only 22 years old. If he flops with us, which I doubt, we wouldn't lose much. The boy has an eye for goals and he's a dedicated sort, very much like Kane. It's a no brainer .

We don't have the money to sign a like for like replacement that is at the same level, best we could do for that is someone nearing retirement or a kid. What we can do is sign someone who can both fill in if necessary and play other positions.
If we don't have the 15 to 18 million or so to buy somebody like Austin, despite being the 5th richest club in the league with ST prices North of a thousand pounds, wages of only around 55% of turnover, zero net spend over the last 5 years or so and a £30 odd million increase in our money from the PL contract then we need to ask serious questions of our board I think.

I think Ings would be very good in our line-up and we should remember he's still, only 22 years old. If he flops with us, which I doubt, we wouldn't lose much. The boy has an eye for goals and he's a dedicated sort, very much like Kane. It's a no brainer .
Who does he replace I our line up?.... Or do you see him as being an understudy to Kane as the lone front man?

If we don't have the 15 to 18 million or so to buy somebody like Austin, despite being the 5th richest club in the league with ST prices North of a thousand pounds, wages of only around 55% of turnover, zero net spend over the last 5 years or so and a £30 odd million increase in our money from the PL contract then we need to ask serious questions of our board I think.

Austin isn't worth that much and I don't see how he's a better replacement than Ings. My post was more in regards to why we need someone like Benteke, when Ings can be a more than suitable backup AND play in other positions.

Who does he replace I our line up?.... Or do you see him as being an understudy to Kane as the lone front man?

He's stepping up from where he is , it's a long season with EL football. Ings will be eased in like any youngster at a big club. I see him playing lots of games in numerous positions. Left, central behind Kane and at times will be the most forward player . He's a poacher who will get us goals , more than Ade and Soldado combined, that I'm sure of .

Back