• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Ings - Burnley's Number 10

Ings is still not allowed to talk to any English clubs unless Burnley give him permission. If he's agreed to join anyone at this moment in time something fishy is going on.

Okay, we all know rules don't really matter and his agent will have all the ground work already.

They accept a £12m offer from us now, we talk to him and convince to sign for us when he is a free agent and then pull out of the deal and pay the compensation instead. No tapping up involved . . . . well not against the rules anyway.

Clever move from Spurs. If we can do a deal now before u21 comp for a decent young forward for 12m that's good business, and if he doesn't want to join us it will raise the price that Liverpool will have to pay and make them pay more than they want and less money available for them to compete with us on other targets..

Personally I think he's over-rated and also not what we need. That said, it's got Levy written all over it - English, knock-down price because of the contract and therefore ability to make a turn on him I a year or two.

Really not the sort of forward I think we need

I like Ings. He is a quality young player. That said he is not really the player we need unless he will be backup to Kane. We really need some better Wing forwards. Can he play wide of the main front man? I have not watched any Burnley games other than against us. So not really sure of his strengths.

Good player, but £12 mill when his contract is out in one month? How much do we need to pay July 1st?
IMO we should rather go for Austin. Why? Much of the same strenghts as Ings. Yes, 3 years older, but much more a goalscorer then Ings. Wouldn't think Austin will go for much more than £12 mill, but you never know..

Benteke the man for me .. Ings decent but this Spurs team needs presence . Can be the bobby smith battering ram for Spurs with Kane playing off him ala greaves !!!! Levy will go cheap though so no chance but a fit in the mood benteke and he causes serious problems .. Add Kane to that and sorted for years ... Ings doesn't have that power or pace or hold up ability ..

Personally think this ings bid is way to flush out Liverpool a bit and get benteke instead maybe

I think Ings is perfect for us. He reminds me a lot of Kane - which is exactly what we need for his deputy.

Austin is a bit agricultural and Benteke too one-dimensional. Ings is an intelligent hardworking player - the perfect Poch forward

I only want him if he's going to get games, I'd hate us to buy a promising young English player who is at an age where he needs to play every week and then plonk him on the bench as an understudy to Kane.

Ings - can't hold the ball up? have you seen him play?

Berahino - not just an off the shoulder striker. Picks the ball up deep, spreads the play wide or penetrates with direct passes and then busts his gut to get in the box.

Benteke - one dimensional????? deary me. so him scoring all the types of goals and the fact that teams can play different styles with him in the team whether its a) long ball/hold up play/bring midfielders into play 2) pass to feet/in behind where he uses his pace and finishing ability 3) wide play where he finishes moves or 4) defensive play and rely on him to score long rangers.

Yeah.. really one dimensional.

I guess its just a coincidence that Villa midfielders who were famed were not scoring a single goal between them have now all flourished since Tim built the team around him.

I only want him if he's going to get games, I'd hate us to buy a promising young English player who is at an age where he needs to play every week and then plonk him on the bench as an understudy to Kane.

We'll have 2 games a week - there will be plenty of game time for him. Remember he'd be replacing both Ade and Soldado.

Both he and Kane are versatile enough to play across the AM trio too.

This 12m stuff is hilarious. Of course Burnley have accepted it. Ings and his agent will laugh at any deal coming through Burnley though. They'll get a much bigger payoff negotiating as a free agent.

Benteke - one dimensional????? deary me. so him scoring all the types of goals and the fact that teams can play different styles with him in the team whether its a) long ball/hold up play/bring midfielders into play 2) pass to feet/in behind where he uses his pace and finishing ability 3) wide play where he finishes moves or 4) defensive play and rely on him to score long rangers.

I guess its just a coincidence that Villa midfielders who were famed were not scoring a single goal between them have now all flourished since Tim built the team around him.

Don't bother, mate. It a futile exercise...

i dont think he wants to join us and i really dont want us to be chasing such a player. Let him go to Liverpool

Ings - can't hold the ball up? have you seen him play?

Berahino - not just an off the shoulder striker. Picks the ball up deep, spreads the play wide or penetrates with direct passes and then busts his gut to get in the box.

Why do we need a striker to hold the ball up? We are a possession side. What our style needs is an intelligent mobile forward who runs the channels. Like Kane or Ings.

When do we ever play long balls and get someone to hold it up? We don't even leave a player up when defending set pieces. And at worse we just stick Dembele at #10 to do that job.

Benteke only because effective when Timmeh abandoned Lambert's passing game and went long ball. Do you want us to do the same - long balls from Fazio bypassing midfield? Ade was so ineffective for us this season not because of his mental problems, but because he's too static for our style of play. Benteke would have exactly the same problems (and I strongly predict will 'Andy Carroll it' when he goes to Liverpool).

Berahino's biggest problems are off-field - he's just another Ravel Morrison

Why don't you think he wants to join us? Because the papers say he prefers Liverpool?

yes.....maybe he prefers to stay in the north west, maybe Liverpool are offering a bigger salary, maybe he was a Liverpool fan as a kid :) Who knows, but there has been a lot of talk already that he has secretly agreed financial terms with Liverpool and its just the clubs that need to sort out a fee.

Back