• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Ings - Burnley's Number 10

I would like to see Ings too but it doesn't negate our need for a big, strong No. 9. Ings for Soldado and say Benteke for Ade and now you are talking. Options of Kane, Ings and Benteke would be exciting. Then we could have "Bent Kane--Ings"

Oh er Missus.... Very kinky!!!!!

I beg to differ. We'll be far better off with more mobile and technical players, like Ings and Kane, than a big target man lump.

I beg to differ. We'll be far better off with more mobile and technical players, like Ings and Kane, than a big target man lump.

Virtually every successful side in the EPL has a big no.9. City have Dzeko, Man U have RVP, Chelsea have Costa, Arsnl have Giroud, Poch had Lambert last season, Soton have Pelle this season. What makes you think we can succeed without one?

P55, I am going to limit you to two Benteke mentions a day until there is a credible link to us being interested in signing him ;)

Fair enough :eek:k:

Would still like to know Jordinho's answer to the question above, where I never even mention the B word.:)

I don't think that this an auction worth getting into unless the fee is less than the tribunal would set.

Burnley have denied reports that Liverpool could sign the striker Danny Ings and loan him back to the Clarets for the rest of the season, stating such a move would be against Premier League rules.

Liverpool have been the latest club to show interest in the England Under-21 striker, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

In a statement on the club’s website, the Burnley chief executive, Lee Hoos, said: “This type of move would violate Premier League rule V7 regarding transfers so simply cannot happen.”

Premier League rule V7.1 states that: “A Temporary Transfer to a Club may not take place in the Transfer Window in which the Transferor Club acquired the Player’s registration.”

Both the Burnley manager Sean Dyche and Ings have repeatedly insisted the 22-year-old will not leave Turf Moor this month, despite the potential for the club to garner a higher fee than the compensation they would be entitled to were he to leave in the summer.

Contract negotiations remain ongoing, and Hoos said: “This is the last time we will be making any comment regarding the player’s future.

“Over the course of the window, the player himself, Sean Dyche and the chairman have made it clear he won’t be going anywhere and we consider that the end of the matter.”

Ings has made an impressive start to life in the Premier League, scoring seven goals so far this season, and there has been no shortage of interest. As well as Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur are reported to be tracking the former Bournemouth striker while the Real Sociedad manager David Moyes watched the forward against Liverpool at Turf Moor on Boxing Day.

The Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers does not expect many, if any departures, from his first-team squad before Monday but he will allow 17-year-old Sheyi Ojo to go out on loan.

After Jordon Ibe’s success at Derby County in the first half of the season, Ojo, who has yet to make his senior debut but was on the bench for recent matches against Burnley and Leicester City, is set for a temporary move to Championship strugglers Wigan Athletic.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/30/burnley-liverpool-danny-ings

Need to bring in a rule that the tribunal decides what the fee would be to a English team and if the player comes back within 2 years the new club pays the fee. What we did with Zeki Fryers was funny when we did it to Man U but if we or Liverpool do it to Burnley thats crap

Need to bring in a rule that the tribunal decides what the fee would be to a English team and if the player comes back within 2 years the new club pays the fee. What we did with Zeki Fryers was funny when we did it to Man U but if we or Liverpool do it to Burnley thats crap

they should just get rid of the "tribunal/compensation" nonesense imo. it will simplify it for everyone involved. and anyway, if someone's contract has finished, why shouldnt he be free to move where he wants?

they should just get rid of the "tribunal/compensation" nonesense imo. it will simplify it for everyone involved. and anyway, if someone's contract has finished, why shouldnt he be free to move where he wants?

i think the idea is to compensate the lower league clubs so that there is an incentive to nurture young talent. the intent is good, perhaps the execution needs to be reworked.

i think the idea is to compensate the lower league clubs so that there is an incentive to nurture young talent. the intent is good, perhaps the execution needs to be reworked.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It only applies to players under 23, and yes - rewards the clubs that have spent up to 10-15 years developing them.

You can circumvent it by parking a player abroad for 6 months like we did with Fryers, but with small clubs it's better to play with a straight bat.

I did post this in transfers

Ssn breaking news spurs are preparing a 12m bid for Danny Ings, weird one as he's free this summer either this is a lie ( most likely) or we know we won't get him head to head against someone so we're trying to get him before he is on a free?

Or quite possibly forcing the tribunial fee with it being suggested Burnley could have gotten 12m from Tottenham.

Or perhaps, in the ultimate act of "Levying", we decided to bid £12m so that when Burnley negotiate their compensation fee with Liverpool, they will be able to tell the tribunal that there was a formal offer on the table for £12m and that that is what he's worth, forcing Liverpool to triple their investment into the player and probably ensuring that they don't have the budget to pay the wages of a player that we compete with them for. Meanwhile, Burnley are pleased that we've done them a favour to get more money for Ings and sell us Trippier on the cheap.

I mean I'd rather we actually signed Ings on the cheap. Went all out to convince him to join us at a time when it looks as though Liverpool's ship is sinking. But if this is true then Levy has outdone himself here!

daniellevy.jpg

Back